FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [Xoom] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

3,543 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,297

By bigrushdog, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd June 2014, 09:14 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

Code:
NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
EOS Weather Engine
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Network Indicator
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Force Navigation Bar on any device
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
MORE...

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

Team EOS Nightly builds

Wingray, Stingray, and Everest Downloads

G-Apps Package

PA Gapps

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

These are only for Bigpart enabled devices. IF YOU DON'T HAVE BIGPART SUPPORT DO NOT FLASH!

Many things are broke, including camera and radios on telephony enabled devices. I'm opening a thread here for the purposes of furthering development and discussion. These builds are only for folks that enjoy punishment and can give guidance on what i need to do to get the broke things fixed. The Eos project is now geared towards supporting modern qcom devices. However, we're fairly close to getting some proper Xoom builds.

I personally want to give a HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for carrying on the Xoom battle! I'm really glad Xoom users have been able to enjoy strong, stable 4.4 builds. Also, I want to give another HUGE THANKS to @Schischu for thinking up the Bigpart kernel patch. That is not my work and I just wanna make sure that's clear.

I am using @Schischu 's device trees and @flar2 's kernel for now. Once we can get reasonable stable, I'll bring in Backtrack support and all that fun stuff. Once again, I give huge props and respect to @Schischu for the amazing work he has done.

Also, I give a huge thanks to @shpitz for giving me what has turned out to be a VERY LONG TERM LOAN on his Stringray! If someone want's to take lead on maintaining and developing Xoom for me, please speak up! @shpitz i'm sure wants his Stingray back sooner rather than later.

Contribute
Gerrit Review
Jenkins Build System
Github
Kernel Source
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free

2nd June 2014, 09:15 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for something
Come on in guys! I must really be a glutton for punishment these days!

Ok, let's start with the good news. Wifi, bluetooth, and it looks like the sensors all come up. And overall, the build feels stable. I haven't got random reboots or anything like that.

The bad news: camera and radios are broke. And those are usually the hardest to fix. Eos uses CM tele framework, including the new msim support from CAF. I've trolled every team's repo out there and can't see to get camera right. I do believe i'm close though. I've got about 5 or 6 open commits on Eos review pertaining to tegra2 related display stuff, yet they don't seem to work for me here.

Updated 6/22

What's broke, maybe broke, unknown

-- Problems with EGL config causing launcher wallpaper picker fail, as well as numerous user apps including Amazon Store and likely more.
-- Everest just released, waiting on radio reports.
-- Next day or two, stingray_cdma will release, we'll watch this radio as well.
-- That's all i remember, if i missed some derp, let me know and i'll add to list.

Upcoming and to-do list

-- Charge light on/off toggle (I know you guys missed that one ;D)
-- Boatloads of kernel modules!
-- Backtrack support for those who still want to use their Xoom to pwn Facebook passwords at the local Starbucks
-- Perhaps overclock by default so we get a stronger device experience out the box
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 09:58 PM |#3  
Flag Battle Ground
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Can a different camera be downloaded from play store and work? Or no the base has to be layed...?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmcrane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmcrane Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 10:04 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrane

Can a different camera be downloaded from play store and work? Or no the base has to be layed...?

A third party cam MAY work, but I'm not sure. The stingray I'm using has a deactivated Verizon sim card and I think it was being weird with gapps. I couldn't connect to Play Store. The peculiar thing is, I get a Camera fc. If something was borked with HAL i would get a "Could not connect to camera" error. Definitely worth a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 10:15 PM |#5  
Flag Battle Ground

More
I have used banks gapps (minimal) Or PA gapps, and I used micro modular I think. A long as I get play store and I can download what I want I'm happy. I hate deleting tons of stock apps.

Anything for 2012 Nexus 7? I have one of those too, and dual eos would be perfect.
2nd June 2014, 10:31 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrane

I have used banks gapps (minimal) Or PA gapps, and I used micro modular I think. A long as I get play store and I can download what I want I'm happy. I hate deleting tons of stock apps.

Anything for 2012 Nexus 7? I have one of those too, and dual eos would be perfect.

Ya, and as it turns out, looks like i'm maintaining that one too. Now, grouper is rock solid. I haven't opened the thread yet, but dig around the teameos downloads and you'll find it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 10:34 PM |#7  
Flag Battle Ground

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog

Ya, and as it turns out, looks like i'm maintaining that one too. Now, grouper is rock solid. I haven't opened the thread yet, but dig around the teameos downloads and you'll find it.

Lol i have been digging around Google and anything i could find with EOS, bigrushdog, r. Ru**ing, I've been eos stalking for a few weeks trying to find a little break.

Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kmcrane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmcrane Ad-Free
2nd June 2014, 11:10 PM |#8  
Retired Senior Moderator - When red-headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn
Flag Reading, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,975

More
Awesome work!! Been using a self compiled build for 2 weeks or so and loving it! Great to see this coming out officially even though some things are broken.
2nd June 2014, 11:28 PM |#9  
Flag BAHRAIN
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Pls don't tell me will have to do full wipe coming from omni rom to EOS 4.4.2

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 12:00 AM |#10  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed007

Pls don't tell me will have to do full wipe coming from omni rom to EOS 4.4.2

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

Quote:

These builds are only for folks that enjoy punishment and can give guidance on what i need to do to get the broke things fixed.

Based on your post, you're not a candidate folk!
3rd June 2014, 12:10 AM |#11  
Flag /mnt/sdcard
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Will certainly be trying this out! I'm still glad I stuck with my xoom!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread