Hey everyone! I've created this thread to be used as a reference point to all discussions regarding the LG L90. Collected information regarding our device will be available for everyone, and I'll continually update this post with details and such that we're informed of. Now, I'm going to need help regarding "lone wolf" threads that pop up from time to time. If you create a thread regarding something, provide a link to it on this thread, and I'll include it in the respective categories that I'm creating. Since this device is relatively new, there won't be much here to begin with - but since this device has an incredible price-to-quality ratio, I'm hoping that this thread will foster development and cooperation with our newly-found brothers and sisters here on xda.
The Optimus L90 is latest iteration of the L-series, being the third generation, it's the successor to the Optimus L9 II. The L90 is a feature-packed bang-for-your-buck device, with a quad-core processor, adequate camera, and sports LG's innovative "Knock-On" and "Guest Modes," all while running 4.4.2 KitKat, right out of the box.
There are four major known models of the L90.
D405 - International, no NFC.
D405n - International, NFC.
D410 - International, NFC (I believe)
D415 - America, NFC unknown (T-Mobile, Metro)
Update History -
June 2nd, 2014 (Initial posting)
June 15th, 2014 (Root information, KDZ links)
June 22nd, 2014 (Changed "Root Discussion" link)
June 23rd, 2014 (Added in KDZ flashing guide and driver links @krchi)
July 1st, 2014 (Updated with recovery images, we now have a subforum!)
July 12th, 2014 (Linked threads, reformatted)
August 2nd, 2014 (Updated KDZ Links to Mega, linked CM11 thread)
August 30th, 2014 (Updated D415 KDZ)
November 15th, 2014 (Updated D405n KDZ, ROM links)
Next, install the most recent version of the SuperSU application. If the Play Store Version doesn't work, get the official version from Chainfire's site. Once SuperSU has been opened, tap Install and select the normal method. Congratulations on root!
KDZ Download Links -
Here is a guide on how to flash a KDZ file. These are officially packaged update files from LG themselves, and should be used in cases of emergency softbricks. A word of warning, these downloads aren't small. ( ~ 1 GB) If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to comment on the thread I've linked, or message me or @krchi. Best of luck! Be sure to have drivers installed. If you have yet to do so, you can pick up the Universal ADB Drivers here, credits to @Koush. If these methods don't work for you, head to the thread here by @creativetrendz. If all else fails, feel free to ask!
How to Flash - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625044
L90 International NFC (D405n) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_K...BiQkE5OXM/view
L90 International (D410) - https://mega.co.nz/#!Q1VGTZYA!cUD0_n...EaHyy0waykd1MY
L90 United States (D415) - https://mega.co.nz/#!l0czFRzK!gJv0yA...qVZ-q8XhOhkAGI
Note - We now have root access on the previously locked models! Thanks to @geohot
We have access to custom recovery, thanks to @Quarx and the guys at 4pda.ru. If you speak Russian, I definitely recommend you check them out. Head to page 31 of this thread to find them attached in post 303! TWRP has a glitch where it won't recognize your touch input for a bit. Allow the screen to timeout, then unlock it and it will work fine. For me, and a few others, the recoveries aren't recognizing the internal or external memories - So, they're a bit useless, but some could make use of them. Can't hurt to try it out!
Tip - Going to TWRP Settings and settings the screen timeout to "15 seconds" (Or whatever the minimum amount is) will help alleviate you of some waiting time!
I'll continually update this as more are created, but I'm going to need your help locating them.
Cyanogenmod 11 (D405/D410) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...g-l90-t2831541
Cyanogenmod 11 (D415) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-d415-t2871371
PACMAN (D415) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...s-l90-t2849625
CarbonROM (D405/D405N) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...icial-t2878198
Mahdi ROM (D405) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...m-l90-t2903996
Crystal PA 8.0 (D405) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-team-t2928842
AOSPA (D405) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...a-l90-t2908553
Request our device's forums - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1660354 (We have forums!)
Root Discussion - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732311
Alternate Unbrick Method - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...3/post54106854 @creativetrendz)
CWM Fakeflash Test (D410) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783260
Nexus 4.4.2 Media - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...audio-t2803695
Nexus 4.4.2 Apps - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-apps-t2803677
Legacy KK Messaging - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l...-apps-t2803677
- Use Google+ Photo's "Auto-Awesome" feature to remove/minimize the "fogginess" of some camera photos.
- Try using the "Knock-On" feature more, it's simple yet incredibly useful.
- Try settings the "Quick-Button" to your camera application, makes point/snap moments that much easier.
- Swipe left on the lockscreen clock to add widgets to it. Useful ones include Hangouts and Camera (accessed by swiping right)
- Set your "Plug and Pop" apps to include your music/audio/video apps when you connect earbuds (Play Music, Youtube)
- If you use a pattern lock, be sure to activate guest mode. Could come in handy.
- If you use a pattern lock, you can change the dot's "theme" in lockscreen settings.
- Swiping from the bottom center of the screen will reveal Google/Quickmemo shortcuts.
- Try alternate applications, such as Nova Launcher for your homescreen and Hangouts for your SMS.
- Tapatalk is an incredibly useful application, subscribing to threads notifies you of their updates.
- Set LG Backup to backup your personal data and apps every morning (2:00-4:00 AM) to external SD. Do it.
- Greenify is a must regardless of your root status.
- Disable the applications you don't use and clear their data. Carrier bloat is ewwy.
- Be sure to change your keyboard if you want a refresher, I recommend Google Keyboard.
If I've left anything out, or you want to see something that I should include, be sure to let me know. Looking forward to watching the community's development for this device continually grow.