Himalaya WM2005 AKU3.2 page pool size 16MB

Search This thread

solomhamada

May 26, 2006
Manama
www.wm-gurus.com
Oh I see!! For this organisation see here-->

For making the OEM from cab files see thread called ROM Kitchen on buzzdev.net . Cheers...and all the best...

well.. i didnt get the organization part .. or .. to be exact .. didnt find it

bout the OEM .. i didnt find any thing about the cab files in the kitchen .. or

do u mean it's just like any other oem package?

i find all the other packages contains exe files and rgu files and stuff like that

wht do u mean then?

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
well.. i didnt get the organization part .. or .. to be exact .. didnt find it

bout the OEM .. i didnt find any thing about the cab files in the kitchen .. or

do u mean it's just like any other oem package?

i find all the other packages contains exe files and rgu files and stuff like that

wht do u mean then?

1. For organising the start-->program you have to prepare the folders having appropriate named inside the \Windows\start Menu\programs. Transfer the shortcuts like ppt.lnk to respective folders of your choice. Give the icons to the folders as explained by mwilmar in his blog. I have given you th elink in my previous post. For your convenience the cab file for creating the folder is attached. Courtesy mwilmar. Thanks to him..
2. Regarding making oem from the cab files you have to open the cab file with the help of any cab manager and prepare the OEM as any other OEM available. the procedure for preparing the OEM is already been told to you on bepe on his thread called ROM Kitchen on buzzdev.net. Try it and let me know....

Attachments

• MWilmarFolder_icons.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

solomhamada

May 26, 2006
Manama
www.wm-gurus.com
thanx

1. For organising the start-->program you have to prepare the folders having appropriate named inside the \Windows\start Menu\programs. Transfer the shortcuts like ppt.lnk to respective folders of your choice. Give the icons to the folders as explained by mwilmar in his blog. I have given you th elink in my previous post. For your convenience the cab file for creating the folder is attached. Courtesy mwilmar. Thanks to him..
2. Regarding making oem from the cab files you have to open the cab file with the help of any cab manager and prepare the OEM as any other OEM available. the procedure for preparing the OEM is already been told to you on bepe on his thread called ROM Kitchen on buzzdev.net. Try it and let me know....
hmmmm

i'm going to try this one
bout the OEM .. thanx .. i went back o buzzdev.net and asked there and they answered me

allow me c_shekhar to thank u very much.. and sincerly appologize for annoyance i made

will keep in touch

may i have ur e-amil address? just for friendship purposes?

thanx

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
hmmmm

i'm going to try this one
bout the OEM .. thanx .. i went back o buzzdev.net and asked there and they answered me

allow me c_shekhar to thank u very much.. and sincerly appologize for annoyance i made

will keep in touch

may i have ur e-amil address? just for friendship purposes?

thanx

Thanks bro for the nice words. Truely we are here to help each other and keep the himalaya alive as long as it is possible. You be in touch with me on cshekhar61@gmail.com . Cheers....and all the best..

ajb_111

Dec 4, 2003
irritating issue

I do not think this is connected to your rom but maybe you can help me in solving the problem. I think it may be because of a language pack.

Every now and again I get the situation - the main page of inbox with the e-mails are ok but when I click on e-mail just a white screen comes on. (doesn't go into the detail of a e-mail). In addition in calender the month name disappears just get 31//2006 I have to do a restore using sprite to get back these features.

Any ideas?

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
I do not think this is connected to your rom but maybe you can help me in solving the problem. I think it may be because of a language pack.

Every now and again I get the situation - the main page of inbox with the e-mails are ok but when I click on e-mail just a white screen comes on. (doesn't go into the detail of a e-mail). In addition in calender the month name disappears just get 31//2006 I have to do a restore using sprite to get back these features.

Any ideas?
It is not there in my ROM. You try and tell..good luck..

MichaelBrandi

Dec 20, 2005
Problems in Denmark

Hi all,

I have tried a multitude of roms, but they all have flaws. Many of the overloaded roms that are paked with applications have stability problems and end up locking up or crashing my phone on a regular basis more than once a day.

Some of the roms I have found that have fewer features are much more stable, but I have problems getting thrown off the GPRS net (in Denmark) Error is that the remote modem has disconnected, or simply beeing thrown off the phone net completely (also in Denmark)

As far as I have observed then when I get somewhere with my phone where there is no coverage, it will never reconnect again until I reset it.

As far as GPRS it reminds me of the old problem under 2003 where you had to install IA_CallerID_1.20_WWE.CAB but this would have no effect on a 2005 based system.

I have heard in the media that QTec(HTC) had worked on a problem in Denmark that involved those devices getting thrown off the phone net and that it had been fixed in software, maybe that's why it's not working with my device, because the rom's do not contain these new fixes. I'm not sure.

Does anyone know of a version of rom that is completely stable and reliable? I feel that since I'm so dependant on my device, I need to run on a rom that's completely stable, and I'm having problems finding one.

Hope that someone somewere has an idea :eek:)

Thanks,

Michael

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
Your problem sem sto be a Denmark specific problem a nd not related to any ROM. Consult your service provider...

c_shekhar

Jun 7, 2005
zoom SMS fix for this ROM

wencyv said:
I have just reinstalled your 3.00a.64LOC. But I cant seem finding your cab file to disable the zoom SMS, I believe that was the appreciation software. can you load the software here.

Thanks.

Here is the fix file. It is a cab file. Just remove .zip and use it for getting the "appriciation Software" Tab in the phone menu..

Attachments

• cs.PhoneMenuTabFix_new.cab.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 23