FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Camera mod v2. Improve 4K 2160p birate, 1080p 60fps and camera compression

981 posts
Thanks Meter: 694

By Hendrickson, Senior Member on 10th June 2014, 11:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This mod is like the G2 camera mods. Same concept. The 4k video on the G3 is great, however when recording water or the sky you do notice that the birate could be better. 30mbps is ok, but not on a UHD or 4k monitor or TV. Its set by LG to keep the file size down of course and maybe due to micro sdcard IO speeds. But a quick media_profile.xml edit and this can remedy the pixelation due to low bit rate. Going past 40mbs might cause stutter. I'm testing higher birates.

The experienced user can do this themselves of course, simple media_profile edits. But this is aimed at people that don't want to risk editing the media_profile.xml or new to this and what the easy path.

How to apply:

Unzip and replace the attached media_profile.xml with the included one to system/etc overwrite it and reboot. (Use root explorer or any good root file manager) Tested and working on my G3. I have also set JPEG quality to 100% on all modes. This gives a very slight improvement to photos and a minor file size increase (~5%)

Changes:
Version 1
Bitrate on 4K videos increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
Photo jpeg quality compression set to 100

Version 2:
Replaces the default 1080p 30fps to 1080p 60fps @ 30mbps

Download:

Camera mod v1

Camera mod v2
Attached Files
File Type: zip G3 camera mod v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.8 KB, 39944 views)
File Type: zip G3 camera mod V2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.8 KB, 74560 views)
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hendrickson Ad-Free

10th June 2014, 11:52 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

More
Sample video with 40mbs Download
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hendrickson Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 07:11 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag ND-BL-MB-KL
Thanks Meter: 7,609

Donate to Me
More
Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jishnu Sur™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jishnu Sur™ Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 08:09 PM |#4  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishnu Sur™

Hope you Don't mind if I come up with another mod with the modded camera apk and different stuffs..

we don't mind for sure...glad to see you here
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lukemo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lukemo Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 08:51 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

More
Quote:

Not at all, I hope you can mod the apk and make the photo quality much better. Too much over sharpening on lg's part.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hendrickson Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 08:54 PM |#6  
Flag ND-BL-MB-KL

Donate to Me
More
Thanks My friend. I will do what is best possible for this phone as well. I hope i can do something to help everyone. Can u upload a few files for me please?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jishnu Sur™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jishnu Sur™ Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 09:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

More
Quote:

Thanks My friend. I will do what is best possible for this phone as well. I hope i can do something to help everyone. Can u upload a few files for me please?!

Sure what do you need?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hendrickson Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 09:12 PM |#8  
Flag ND-BL-MB-KL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrickson

Sure what do you need?

1. Stock Camera apk.
2. the whole framework folder.
3. Media profiles.xml
4. Mixer_path.xml

Thats all for now..

10th June 2014, 09:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

More
Quote:

1. Stock Camera apk.
2. the whole framework folder.
3. Media profiles.xml
4. Mixer_path.xml

Thats all for now..

Here you go:

Framework
Camera APK and xmls
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hendrickson Ad-Free
11th June 2014, 07:18 AM |#10  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 527

Donate to Me
More
Thank you very rewarding for me was on VDT-V2.
11th June 2014, 01:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

1080p60 for video too I hope?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera mod, g3 4k, g3 camera mod

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)