FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JUNE 2014:NEW GUIDE Easy Root Without PC + Unlock of LG L9 [No Fastboot] by CMahendra

3,841 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,933

By cmahendra, Recognized Contributor on 11th June 2014, 07:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2014, 02:45 PM |#11  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
@cmahendra
I see, I am very glad that fastboot is gone(kinda). Is there anyother way of flashing custom ROM on to L9 other then method you showed here. I used this method long ago when I got my phone in bad shape after trying to install CWM using Arthas installer. And could not get it working. I mean I can try it again, could not find anything about flashing new rom other then what you posted. As well I could not find V10D but I guess V20B EO can work?
Thanks.

12th June 2014, 04:25 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkodelta

@cmahendra
I see, I am very glad that fastboot is gone(kinda). Is there anyother way of flashing custom ROM on to L9 other then method you showed here. I used this method long ago when I got my phone in bad shape after trying to install CWM using Arthas installer. And could not get it working. I mean I can try it again, could not find anything about flashing new rom other then what you posted. As well I could not find V10D but I guess V20B EO can work?
Thanks.

Thanks
Actually my OFFLINE FIX FLASHING method is easiest of all. Only problem with people is the SEQUENCE ERROR. I can still guide you if you post your problem in that thread. I thing I should make some changes in that thread by changing few words or lines where possibly a confusion arises. If interested post your query which step you find it difficult or error.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 07:22 PM |#13  

More
So, the steps are:

1. Unlock phone that has a factory stock ROM using your unlock method, then proceed to 2.
1a. Reflash/Unbrick phone with kdz stock ROM if already modified with other ROM, proceed to 1b.
1b. See 1.
2. Root phone with your method. (PC may be used to move files to sdcard?)

I have a factory stock ROM, never been rooted or modified.
Will this work with US T-Mobile LG L9 P769?
12th June 2014, 08:17 PM |#14  
Flag Belgrade

More
Smile Post Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

Thanks
Actually my OFFLINE FIX FLASHING method is easiest of all. Only problem with people is the SEQUENCE ERROR. I can still guide you if you post your problem in that thread. I thing I should make some changes in that thread by changing few words or lines where possibly a confusion arises. If interested post your query which step you find it difficult or error.

I have managed to flash V20B Open Europe to my P760. (ROM is from this thread ) Could not find any other KDZ.
Now I have restored my device to factory settings just as you said in other thread and this fixed all system apps that where broken.
Following that I pluged it in and waited for half an hour. Then started cmd and entered all of the commands (adb devices detects my device and Device manager sees my phone as ADB Interface > AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface.) Now I started adb reboot oem-unlock. And it restarted my device but just that it did not go to prefastboot menu or anything similar just regular reboot. I read your old thread on this and cannot find problem.
12th June 2014, 08:23 PM |#15  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

I have managed to flash V20B Open Europe to my P760. (ROM is from this thread ) Could not find any other KDZ.
Now I have restored my device to factory settings just as you said in other thread and this fixed all system apps that where broken.
Following that I pluged it in and waited for half an hour. Then started cmd and entered all of the commands (adb devices detects my device and Device manager sees my phone as ADB Interface > AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface.) Now I started adb reboot oem-unlock. And it restarted my device but just that it did not go to prefastboot menu or anything similar just regular reboot. I read your old thread on this and cannot find problem.

I am asumming you have P760/P765 and its good sign that you did everything perfect until "oem-unlock" command.

That's strange to see its booting normally. That means you are not getting fastboot mode also, as shown in screenshot? Your BL seems still Locked but there could be some other issue with bootloader. Try with ICS rom. See if the link of ICS are or not. I forgot exactly which V10 version worked for unlocking bootloader. Read old thread carefully.
Some other devs are claiming they can unlock bootloader with different method. Try that too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 09:44 PM |#16  
Flag Belgrade

More
ICS/JB
Quote:

I am asumming you have P760/P765 and its good sign that you did everything perfect until "oem-unlock" command.

That's strange to see its booting normally. That means you are not getting fastboot mode also, as shown in screenshot? Your BL seems still Locked but there could be some other issue with bootloader. Try with ICS rom. See if the link of ICS are or not. I forgot exactly which V10 version worked for unlocking bootloader. Read old thread carefully.
Some other devs are claiming they can unlock bootloader with different method. Try that too.

I have flashed ICS (V10A Europe Open) as well as JB (V20B Europe Open) None of them worked from me. Unfortunately adb reboot oem-unlock does not work on my p760 at least on these ROMs. Just standard reboot.

Gonna try to find some other ROMs and try again tomorrow.
13th June 2014, 06:22 AM |#17  
Flag Belgrade

More
Bootloader
I have tested this with V20B again and nothing worked.
Now I have reinstalled Google USB drivers and tried to run some adb commands to so what happens.
After running
adb reboot bootloader phone just restarts no bootloader screen.
When I run fastboot devices nothing shows adb devices sees it tho.
fastboot reboot-bootloader as well does nothing in my case.
Could this be that bootloader is damaged in some way or something similar? Maybe I need to flash new partitions and then repeat process.
13th June 2014, 01:24 PM |#18  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

I have tested this with V20B again and nothing worked.
Now I have reinstalled Google USB drivers and tried to run some adb commands to so what happens.
After running
adb reboot bootloader phone just restarts no bootloader screen.
When I run fastboot devices nothing shows adb devices sees it tho.
fastboot reboot-bootloader as well does nothing in my case.
Could this be that bootloader is damaged in some way or something similar? Maybe I need to flash new partitions and then repeat process.

I suspected same thing in previous post. May be your bootloader is corrupted or something else might have happened. By the way I dont think Android partitions are related to bootloader. Its complete different location than android partitions. But I may be wrong in case of this model.
15th June 2014, 04:34 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 5,328

Donate to Me
More
So this works with T-Mobile's LG-P769. However, i did have to have SuperSU installed PRIOR to running pwnLg apk. Also, do not use flashify on the 769 unless your bootloader is unlocked.
19th June 2014, 08:19 PM |#20  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

So this works with T-Mobile's LG-P769. However, i did have to have SuperSU installed PRIOR to running pwnLg apk. Also, do not use flashify on the 769 unless your bootloader is unlocked.

Not only p769, I clearly mentioned that this method works perfectly on Unlocked Bootloader only with any L9 variant phone.

Sent from my C2305 using XDA Free mobile app
19th June 2014, 10:21 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5,328

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not only p769, I clearly mentioned that this method works perfectly on Unlocked Bootloader only with any L9 variant phone.

Sent from my C2305 using XDA Free mobile app

Thats what i said? lol. I was just saying that i needed to have SuperSU installed first? I don't understand what you're trying to say in your post. lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)