Official Lewa OS 5.1
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Lewa OS for Nokia X is official and totally genuine. This is released specifically for Nokia X and includes a variety of features never found in Stock Nokia OS. Lewa OS promises unique smoothness and almost bug-free interface. And if you indeed find one, report in to this thread as this OS will be receiving an update every Saturday. The Lewa Developers will continue their work and will soon fix any issues you report. I have added couple of tweaks of my own and removed unnecessary apps and stuff to further guarantee awesomeness accompanied by perfection. Enjoy!
Original Lewa Features:
- Lewa Style
- Lewa Launcher and apps
- Almost bug-free experience
- Wi-fi and everything working
- Latest NULL Kernel v3.8.100! (31.07.14)
- Optimized and smoother than stock
- Performance Tweaks
- Removed unwanted apps and much more.
- OTA Updates Added!
- Lewa Latest Animations and boot sounds
- Tons of New Features
- More stabler and tons of new features (NEW ! v4!!!)
- Total of 94 bug fixes uptil now!
- See Changelog for mor info.
For Nokia X and XL:
You need Lewa Recovery for installing Lewa ROM.
- Download Lewa Recovery image.
- Flash the recovery using Nokia X Flasher. (Or you can use Flashify but it's risky)
- After you are flashed the Recovery, boot into it by pressing Volume + and power key for 15 seconds.
- Goto Backup and create one backup.
- Download latest version of Lewa OS ROM and G-apps (links provided under Downloads heading in this thread).
- Download Mi-Pop add on if you want it.
- Download Nokia XL patch as well. (Only For XL Users)
- Place the downloaded zips in the root of your SD card.
- Once booted into Lewa Recovery, choose Wipe and then Swipe to confirm.
- Now go back to menu, and choose Install.
- Then choose the ROM zip.
- DONT swipe yet. Choose Add more zips.
- Then choose the G-Apps zip.
- Choose Add more zips again and Choose Mi-pop Add on zip.
- If you have Nokia XL, Choose Add more zips once again and Choose the Nokia XL Patch zip.
- Swipe to Confirm. The ROM, G-Apps and any additional zips will be installed.
- Choose Reboot System. ( If it gets stuck, don't panic. It's a bug in the recovery. Simply remove the battery, insert it again and power up the device)
- Let it boot. It might take a couple of minutes to boot for the first time.
- Choose Engish Language, Enjoy and feel free to donate.
When Updating From Previous Version (Manually):
- Download the Latest ROM and G-apps.
- No need to Wipe anything.
- Just simply choose Insatll, Choose both zips and swipe to confirm.
- Before Rebooting, don't forget to Wipe dalvik-cache and cache ONLY.
About Nokia XL Patch:
This has been fixed. No screen problem anymore but
Updates will now be provided through OTA. So no hastles.
Lewa OS 5 v4!
Nokia XL Patch (STABLE Release)
Nokia X Keyboard. Install as normal app. (For those who don't like stock keyboard)
- Lewa Official Devs
Lewa OS 5.1, ROM for the Nokia X
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock / Any ROM
Current Stable Version: v4
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-26
Last Updated 2015-08-04