FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Screen won't turn off

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By JollyGreen527, Junior Member on 12th June 2014, 10:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For some reason my screen won't shut off when I press the power button or by itself after any amount of time. I made sure all of the settings were set right that might keep it on. I know it's not hardware damage because I've pretty much never dropped it or handled it hard. The power button still works because it will get the turn off, restart, etc screen to go. Any idea how to fix it? I already did a factory reset.

12th June 2014, 10:25 AM |#2  
Flag DUBAI/INDIA
Thanks Meter: 674

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreen527

For some reason my screen won't shut off when I press the power button or by itself after any amount of time. I made sure all of the settings were set right that might keep it on. I know it's not hardware damage because I've pretty much never dropped it or handled it hard. The power button still works because it will get the turn off, restart, etc screen to go. Any idea how to fix it? I already did a factory reset.

Dial *#0*# check some test for dimming, sleep etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdomadia Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 10:27 AM |#3  
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Download wakelock detector and see which app is keeping your screen on.
12th June 2014, 07:48 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Dialed that number, the dimming worked, but the sleep button didn't do anything. I'll try that app out and see what it says.
13th June 2014, 07:02 AM |#5  
Flag DUBAI/INDIA

Donate to Me
More
In my understanding *#0*# dialing is for hardware check, if sleep is not working from there means it has nothing to do with any app & better to take to service centre.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdomadia Ad-Free
13th June 2014, 10:13 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
It didn't do it until after I tried to change my boot screen. Know if that would do anything? No boot animations go off besides the galaxy note 3 one (no Tmobile or samsung animation, and no shut off animation). I also rooted it so would they still help me even though the knox counter is 0x1?
14th June 2014, 07:01 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Any help? Using the wakelock app it says that system manager application is used a lot more than anything else. Not sure what it does.
14th June 2014, 07:53 AM |#8  
Flag DUBAI/INDIA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It didn't do it until after I tried to change my boot screen. Know if that would do anything? No boot animations go off besides the galaxy note 3 one (no Tmobile or samsung animation, and no shut off animation). I also rooted it so would they still help me even though the knox counter is 0x1?

Try to flash complete stock ROM & clear Data & Catch before & after flashing from recovery may HELP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdomadia Ad-Free
14th June 2014, 05:20 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
That fixed it. I'm not sure why I didn't already try that since it seems kinda obvious. Don't know what made it do that though. Do you happen to know if modifying the boot animations can mess other things up?
10th September 2014, 03:46 AM |#10  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Mine its not rooted still stock and all of the sudden started acting up with the screen ....i did the *# test and when i went to sleep it went straight to the lock screen ...any idea what could cause it
24th November 2014, 04:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Drive help
Quote:

That fixed it. I'm not sure why I didn't already try that since it seems kinda obvious. Don't know what made it do that though. Do you happen to know if modifying the boot animations can mess other things up?

how do you do that cause I'm having same problem s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)