FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Z2 Root Exploit

294 posts
Thanks Meter: 204

By xsacha, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, this is a cross-post of sorts. I just got root execution on my stock Z2 Tablet and it appears that the same method should work for Z2 phone. I have a Z2 phone but just haven't tested it on that one yet.

Here is my Windows, Linux and Mac OSX script to grab the TA partition from Sony devices and deploy full root (superuser + reboot script):
https://mega.co.nz/#!jRB1FBJT!RKIi13...gc0bIlYONcSfZQ [Update, v11]

Requirements:
1. Be on a firmware earlier than .402
Instructions:
1. Extract exploit.tar.gz and run ./root.sh (Linux) or root.bat (Windows)
2. Follow the instructions and your TA.img will be given and su will be deployed.

Features:
This disables SELinux, takes out sony_ric and then deploys su to /system/xbin/su
This works on ALL Sony Android mobile phones.
This can be run on any operating system.
Survives reboots [thanks to chargemon by DooMLoRD]
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to xsacha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsacha Ad-Free

12th June 2014, 10:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can't download the file. MEGA asking me about a decryption key.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stranger1984 Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 10:27 PM |#3  
Flag Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Might be onto something here. This is for those that only want root and not an unlocked BL right?
12th June 2014, 10:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Awesome work if it is working. Unfortunately I'm on .402

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 10:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Really? how about on .55? If it'll work on that I'm rolling back the update. *gets .55 ftf*
12th June 2014, 11:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Awesome if this in fact works on the Z2!

And who cares if it requires .69 and doesn't run under .402? The only reason I currently don't want to unlock my BL is the loss of my TA partition. So one could simply downgrade to .69, backup TA, upgrade to .402 again and unlock BL (and insert DRM keys again), right?
The Following User Says Thank You to in_finity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift in_finity Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 11:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_finity

Awesome if this in fact works on the Z2!

And who cares if it requires .69 and doesn't run under .402? The only reason I currently don't want to unlock my BL is the loss of my TA partition. So one could simply downgrade to .69, backup TA, upgrade to .402 again and unlock BL (and insert DRM keys again), right?

That's exactly what I did.

Technically it should work on 55 too but just not sure because I copy all the vendor libs from 69 tablet.

Someone could easily make a generic firmware that works on all phones with all firmwares but that's not my focus. I just wanted to get this out here and working for Sony because I'm surprised it isn't out already.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xsacha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsacha Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 11:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsacha

That's exactly what I did.

Technically it should work on 55 too but just not sure because I copy all the vendor libs from 69 tablet.

Someone could easily make a generic firmware that works on all phones with all firmwares but that's not my focus. I just wanted to get this out here and working for Sony because I'm surprised it isn't out already.

I'll have a go with it on .55, I've been having some problems with .402 anyway so it gives me an excuse to roll back the update, now I just need to get my hands on a linux live disc. (should have one knocking about).
13th June 2014, 12:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Awesome I hope this works. I'll have a try tomorrow

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
13th June 2014, 01:22 AM |#10  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Can anyone confirm if this works? It would be great!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jjpro45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jjpro45 Ad-Free
13th June 2014, 06:21 AM |#11  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 25

More
This is great, can someone translate this into a more user friendly method.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolmingli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolmingli Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)