Bricked?

Search This thread

FPSNige

Mar 10, 2012
Im in desperate need of help.

My one X randomly locked up and on a hard reboot (held power button) it now no longer boots to CM, instead it boot loops.

On booting to recovery (CWM) I was presented with a black screen. So using fastboot I was able to flash TWRP 2.4.0.0 and successfully boot to it.

It opens with a password prompt to which I can click cancel and get to the options. This is where it complains things get complicated :/

If I try to wipe anything:

E: error unable to mount '/cache'

It will do the same with /data and /system.

adb sideload so far has failed me,
failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'

It seems once one attempt fails the phone seems to go into some locked status until the battery is fully drained and recharged. Which makes everything so long and tedious to troubleshoot.

adb push cm.zip /sdcard returns an error. But this is all in vain as I have cm10.1 on the /sdcard but twrp fails to flash it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ive been without internets at work for days now :crying:

myheroduane

Jan 29, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
Update your twrp to latest 2.7 or whatever its near the top in development thread. Then fastboot erase cache, flash boot image for desired ROM fastboot erase cache, boot to recovery flash ROM then gapps, wipe davlic and cache, enjoy..

Sent from my alarm clock.

Reactions: FPSNige

FPSNige

Mar 10, 2012
Update your twrp to latest 2.7 or whatever its near the top in development thread. Then fastboot erase cache, flash boot image for desired ROM fastboot erase cache, boot to recovery flash ROM then gapps, wipe davlic and cache, enjoy..

Brilliant mate. There was an option in 2.7 to repair the partitions. I had to set /data back to ext4 (even though it said it already was) then repair the partition, and voila. Its all working again :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.