FORUMS

towelroot for Razr M 4.4.2 - Success!

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By leenathan, Junior Member on 15th June 2014, 06:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The recently released root method for the GS5 worked on my locked Razr M running 4.4.2 KitKat.

Here's the thread for the method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Good luck!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to leenathan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leenathan Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 07:06 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Works perfect on mine too. Unable to update SuperSU binary, but this isn't too important.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xKroniK13x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xKroniK13x Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 07:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm not able to download the tr.apk!
When I clicked on the lamba, it says that there isn't any hotlinking to towelroot.com is allowed.
Can anyone help me?
Or can you just upload the apk file?

UPDATE: finally, it works for me I have root
15th June 2014, 07:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 266

More
I will check it.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 08:07 PM |#5  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nierana

I'm not able to download the tr.apk!
When I clicked on the lamba, it says that there isn't any hotlinking to towelroot.com is allowed.
Can anyone help me?
Or can you just upload the apk file?

I had that happen the first try too.
I selected Chrome as the default app for download and tried again.
Worked the second to time once the select an app screen was gone.
Unfortunately I have not been able to get SuperSU installed.
Successful root!
The Following User Says Thank You to Specter597 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Specter597 Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 08:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 607

More
I'm feeling really noobish here. But how do we grant root access without SuperSU?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
15th June 2014, 08:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Video
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenathan

The recently released root method for the GS5 worked on my locked Razr M running 4.4.2 KitKat.

Here's the thread for the method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Good luck!

Someone from razr-hd forums said he unlocked (!) the BL after root. Seems very unlikely due to software fuses irreversible nature but worth trying
@leenathan @xKroniK13x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783912

you need to re-run dan rosenberg tool, just use matt's tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249773
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystianp

Hi,

Root works using @geohot kernel exploit. And when you root it you can use old bootloader exploit to unlock bootloader. Just unlocked my razr

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ofmb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ofmb Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 08:58 PM |#8  
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
Just a quick note, if you download the flashable supersu zip file version 1.99r4 and find the APK inside, install it and your binaries will update. Give me a few and I will check the bootloader status, but I'll be thoroughly shocked if it isn't locked.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I just checked, bootloader is locked according to fastboot. Could you link that thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to xKroniK13x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xKroniK13x Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 09:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKroniK13x

Just a quick note, if you download the flashable supersu zip file version 1.99r4 and find the APK inside, install it and your binaries will update. Give me a few and I will check the bootloader status, but I'll be thoroughly shocked if it isn't locked.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I just checked, bootloader is locked according to fastboot. Could you link that thread?

sure - updated my prev post
15th June 2014, 09:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
This worked on the 4.1.2 as well... just picked up (yet another) M on .3 (no unlocked BL this time) and it worked...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
15th June 2014, 09:36 PM |#11  
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
I will try it later today on my stock KK rooted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)