How to get g2 stock camera on cloudyg3?
check out this post
FM Radio is not working for me?
It should now be working on d802 and some other variants with radio chipset but just incase you can flash the g2 fm radio from cloudyfa post #1111
Quick Window case has a circle instead of a square?
On cloudyG3 1.2 it is now a quick window so no need to make a diy case with circle hole and magnet.
How can I hide the brightness/volume sliders?
Pull down notification bar and scroll to where it says edit and untick brightness/volume.
How to get my carrier 4g/4glte icons to show?
Check out this post
I don't have 4g/lte?
You should delete the lteconfigs.apk/odex in system/app and reboot.
You can also try editing build.prop but problems may arise so do so at your own risk. To get LTE backup of your original build.prop and basically play with the lines below find the one which works best for you:
lines from cloudyg3 stock build.prop ro.product.name=g3_global_com
ro.build.target_country=COM to lines of carrier build.prop
for at&t d800: ro.product.name=g2_att_us
for t-mobile d801: ro.product.name=g2_tmo_us
ro.build.target_operator=TMO or tmo
for verizon vs980: ro.product.name=g2_vzw_us
ro.build.target_operator=VZW or vzw
for sprint ls980: ro.product.name=g2_spr_us
ro.build.target_operator=SPR or spr or Spr
Thanks to @Apex who originally shared this
Custom kernels need to add g3 support before they can work for us. For now you can try Dorimanx/Bruce Kernels which support g3 ported roms.
-Chromecast does not work, this is not a ported rom issue it is a g3 issue as the official g3 is also having systemui FC when trying to use chromecast.
-Changing theme with one of the new ones by cloudyfa causes text visibility issues and cloudy is working on it.
I hope I'm doing something useful for everyone, listing ALL bugs already found and no need to say them a million of times:
1. Radio fm doesn't recognize stations and headphones (I've tried radio from cloudystock and it searches stations but no sound)
2. HDR not processing (even if it's actived)
3. Sometimes multitasking doesn't list the last opened app (do it very fast and you'll notice it)
4. App info FC (it's variant related issue, that's because of as card missing in some variant, in fact no problem with Korean variant that has ad slot use apps like clean master)
5. Weather in lock screen (it works only for thunderstorms)
6. Circle window (yeah it's circle you known !)
7. No plug and pop (I don't really know if that feature doesn't exist anymore but it was very useful)
8. Some people says that they're having very bad quality speaking while calling (more than 1 person has that problem)
9. during call with external speaker there is a sort of echo and who listens can't hear well .
8.Tell me and I'll add that!
@XxZombiePikachu, thanks for getting this rolling. Hopefully (and I stress the word 'hopefully') this will keep the development thread clear of useless and utterly frustrating posts. I'll help out here with questions as I am able, and in the dev thread I'll do my due diligence to redirect others here, probably by posting nothing more in response to "those kinds of posts" with this thread's link. Cheers.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?