Thanks Meter: 1,400

By GSLEON3, Retired Senior Moderator on 17th June 2014, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2014, 07:53 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv

I forgot that was a very small update and may not contain all needed files it was only 128 MB try the update just before that one and do the same thing

i don't understand clearly. Can you explain or give me a zip file ?

6th September 2014, 01:02 PM |#42  
Flag central
Thanks Meter: 187

More
wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdaojtk

i don't understand clearly. Can you explain or give me a zip file ?

You obviously didn't read the first post of this thread or person in your shoes(I'm guessing that you are trying to have this translated) would not be modifying this device at all unless they have more money to throw away .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798108
Download the file that goes with your device onto a different rooted android device.
Rename the file from .bin to .zip transfer to your Kindle and flash. If you have any more problems call Amazon and get a replacement device and do not modify it would be my advice .
29th October 2014, 11:23 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
umm ... help?!? Help! HEEEELP!
Hey, I watched the whole video in the first post, and I think everything everyone wrote is probably great and all, but I don't have any time and I need someone to help me unbrick my phone.

I think I used the "Kindle Nook STD" rom to root my phone tablet thingy ... I believe they guy who sold it to me said it was the "I-Phone8" from "HTE", with the jellybean version of Apple OS. I can't be sure though because he was turned away from me reaching into the trunk of his car at the time.

Anyway, I don't know what went wrong, but my phone isn't working now and I was hoping you could help me. Also, I think it might be made out of cardboard. How can I tell? Should I open it? Please help. ... help ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheerlucidity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sheerlucidity Ad-Free
30th May 2015, 11:29 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

I know everyone is eager to set up their KF HDX how they want it & many of you are new-ish to XDA, so you have been able to rely on tools to automate everything, making it easier to accomplish what you want, but not so great for learning the basics of Android & the core development & debugging tools that are used in the automated processes like the various toolkits you find throughout the forum threads.

At any rate, I am writing a warning about this device ONCE AGAIN. If you really have no idea what the sdk is or how it is used, the HDX is not something you want to start messing with. You know who you are. If you aren't running Linux, or at the very least a dual boot distro like Unbuntu via wubi & you have never installed or used the Android SDK, PLEASE think twice about whatever you are contemplating.

The Kindle Fire HDX is not like other device you have maybe played with, or owned. It is a low level development device that uses an oddball system for updating & while it is vulnerable to several exploits, the bootloader is 100% locked. Complicating this issue is the fact that the device does not have fastboot access & messing with certain system files or permissions CAN & WILL cause issues ranging from wifi & 4G connectivity to a full on hard brick. There are also checks in place that will prevent adb access if you remove or mess up certain binaries or drivers. Some of these things CAN & WILL lead to loss of ADB access. Without ADB access, anything you break CANNOT be fixed.

This is NOT the device to get your feet wet on when it comes to rooting or modding. In the last two days alone, I have had 8 requests from people with devices that are having issue because of something that was done inadvertently or because something was done in the wrong order. I am willing to help WHEN I CAN, but I am an engineer, not a developer, with a busy schedule & a family, so taking care of my responsibilities comes before anything XDA related, for myself, or anyone else.

If you decide to ignore all of the posts about people bricking their devices & you ignore this warning, the SECOND SUCH WARNING, well, fine. After all it's your device & you can do whatever you want to it. Just don't expect to find an easy fix or someone there 24/7 to hold your hand through the process of trying to recover it. After all, this is a development forum, where you are expected to have a certain degree of knowledge, or be in the process of gaining that knowledge & it's not something you are going to learn by osmosis or be able to cram into a panicked couple of hours because you messed up your device.

So, you have been warned. Again. Unless you want a $300 - $700 project you may never finish, read BEFORE you do. Learn about what you are trying to accomplish & just deal with the Amazon only device until you can understand at the very minimum how to use adb & know how to apply all of the various adb commands. The absolute worst time to try to learn anything is when you are panicked & grasping at straws.

Don't be this guy:

So, you're saying we should learn as we go. Try things out. 👍👍

Sent from my Z970 using XDA Free mobile app
12th March 2017, 01:17 AM |#45  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Not true anymore in 2017. Everything is pretty much automated

https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...nlock-t3571240
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)