- AlternateLauncher: This will start an alternate launcher instead of the Amazon one. It will load when the Fire TV starts and anytime you push the home button. The way this is done is a little hokey and there is currently no way to turn it off or select which launcher you want, so if you have more than one, the one that gets started is it.
- HideAmazonMenuItems: Gives a settings menu to select which menu items to show.
- HideLauncherAds: Hide the ad at the top of the Home screen.
- KeyBindings: Allows any key to start any app.
- RecentsOnMenuLong: Bring up the recents dialog when long pressing the home button.
In order to do this, I had to hijack an existing Settings item, so the Help option is gone and I put a 'Menu Items' option at the beginning of the settings list. You can turn on/off any item except Home and Settings. After making changes you must reboot to see the changes.
Someone requested this, but doing a UI for it would be too complicated, and I figured I'd put the feature out there for people to use, and eventually get around to making a UI for it. For now, you'll have to configure it manually. Create a file called key_bindings.xml and make it look like this:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?> <map> <string name="KEYCODE_F1">org.chromium.content_shell_apk</string> <string name="KEYCODE_F2_LONG">com.pandora.android.gtv</string> </map>
Starting with 22.214.171.124, Amazon provides a shortcut menu on home long press. If you would like to retain this functionality, you can use this key_bindings.xml file (Thanks to @Firef0xx819):
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?> <map> <string name="KEYCODE_HOME_LONG"></string> </map>
Source code: https://github.com/androidrbox/RboxFireTvMods/
Changelog and Downloads: