Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Download]AT&T Kitkat OTA file

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By bkong, Member on 19th June 2014, 12:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is the ota file I just pulled from my s3. It's a cfg file though, and the recommended way to install is via adb sideload.

Stock users please test it. People who are rooted, use xposed, TiBu to freeze bloat, tell me how to update without a factory reset. I have already tried unrooting and using stock recovery, I am now unfreezing all bloat and uninstall xposed to see if it works.

https://mega.co.nz/#!W0JHQKAK!pA52fC...10jhNlBvn5j-Mk

Devs, is there a way to modify the update script so it doesn't check for modified system status? I'm worried I can't update because of tripped knox and if so I'm screwed
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bkong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkong Ad-Free

19th June 2014, 12:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkong

Here is the ota file I just pulled from my s3. It's a cfg file though, and the recommended way to install is via adb sideload.

Stock users please test it. People who are rooted, use xposed, TiBu to freeze bloat, tell me how to update without a factory reset. I have already tried unrooting and using stock recovery, I am now unfreezing all bloat and uninstall xposed to see if it works.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PJ40jDCY!I2A0Di...381MaXx3_0dl8I

Can you please PM @DocHoliday77 to help him build the Stock ROM for us? He does not have the AT&T Device, but can surely help us in building the ROM. Greatness of him!!

He may ask for some other files for building AT&T ROM for us. If he can build the ROM for us, then we dont have to take the pains of testing the CFG file!!

Thanks man!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrixzone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matrixzone Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 04:53 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,405

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for sharing this. We'll be hard at work on this now

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th June 2014, 05:16 PM |#4  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

https://mega.co.nz/#!PJ40jDCY!I2A0Di...381MaXx3_0dl8I

Devs, is there a way to modify the update script so it doesn't check for modified system status? I'm worried I can't update because of tripped knox and if so I'm screwed

Anybody have this hosted on a different mirror? The link asks me for a decryption key.
19th June 2014, 05:22 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,405

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoobie-doo

Anybody have this hosted on a different mirror? The link asks me for a decryption key.

Wait until later tonight or tomorrow when enewman17 or docholiday release a flashable

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th June 2014, 05:44 PM |#6  
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,045

Donate to Me
More
@bkong

Link is bad, clicking it links to a url with "..." in the middle
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 06:22 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

@bkong

Link is bad, clicking it links to a url with "..." in the middle

reuploaded it with new link, does it work now?

I'm also waiting for a flashable zip because I can't get adb working and ota fails every damn time.
19th June 2014, 06:29 PM |#8  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:

reuploaded it with new link, does it work now?

I'm also waiting for a flashable zip because I can't get adb working and ota fails every damn time.

you can't just flash an update.zip through stock recovery?
19th June 2014, 06:30 PM |#9  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,926

Donate to Me
More
Appears to be working! I've got someone who is going to try to get me everything I need to build a rom from the AT&T release, so if all goes well I should have it up this afternoon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DocHoliday77 Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 06:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up Success!
used the odin flashable 4.3 file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722660 , went back to stock 4.3 and then used the OTA provided by the OP to get to 4.4.2

edit: please wait for the devs to work their magic to get fully working and easily flashable roms
The Following User Says Thank You to tejajuloori For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tejajuloori Ad-Free
19th June 2014, 06:36 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeuten

you can't just flash an update.zip through stock recovery?

I believe that wipes all your data so I wanted to avoid that, and it might not work according to some peoples experience,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Appears to be working! I've got someone who is going to try to get me everything I need to build a rom from the AT&T release, so if all goes well I should have it up this afternoon!

Awesome, will this be an odin flashable tar that will keep your data? I have been struggling for the past few hours trying to update without losing all my data. I flashed this rom [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2498233] that is stock and includes knox but Adb doesn't work for me and the at&t software update says its up to date, which its not, so I think the rom might have a problem, and I'm trying to figure out how to reinstall twrp so I can restore my backup but knox is blocking me. Hopefully I can just odin your rom and towelroot and be done with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)