CM11 and cifs.ko

Search This thread

ptmuldoon

Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I updated from CM10 to the latest CM11 nightly and noticed that I the system/lib/modules appears to be missing? I use mount manager to mount and access my home server shares, but CM11 seems to missing the modules?

I even copied them over from my wifes tablet yet mount manager still doesn't seem them either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: smoschi

smoschi

Sep 15, 2011
I updated from CM10 to the latest CM11 nightly and noticed that I the system/lib/modules appears to be missing? I use mount manager to mount and access my home server shares, but CM11 seems to missing the modules?

I even copied them over from my wifes tablet yet mount manager still doesn't seem them either.

Anyone have any ideas?

yep, i got the same bug. Hope you found a solution!?!

ptmuldoon

Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo, NY
yep, i got the same bug. Hope you found a solution!?!

I actually did find a solution or work around. I copied the cifs.ko module to my storage/sdcard0/downloads location and then was able to see and add the module.

It did seem to be hit and miss in loading at first, but seems to be holding and mounting the shares. Have had no issues in the last week or so.

I also updated to the SnapShot-M8 the other day, but unsure if made a difference or not.

maxvorstadt23

Jul 16, 2014
I actually did find a solution or work around. I copied the cifs.ko module to my storage/sdcard0/downloads location and then was able to see and add the module.

It did seem to be hit and miss in loading at first, but seems to be holding and mounting the shares. Have had no issues in the last week or so.

I also updated to the SnapShot-M8 the other day, but unsure if made a difference or not.

Thats great to hear,

cant believe that nobody use cifs. Im on cm11and cant find cifs.KO and i think its not included in cm kernel. Plesse give a link for cifs.KO files fr nexus10 ... Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Anyone have any ideas?