Thanks Meter: 112

By MajorD., Senior Member on 22nd June 2014, 11:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th August 2014, 02:44 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobaro

I tried three methods. And no one give me root to tablet.

Now i have this apps installed:

- Kinguser
- vroot
- genius root

It seems that i have many things installed, so i canĀ“t do a clean root.

What can i do?

I have the latest FW installed on a yoga 8 wifi

Do not use Vroot as it is unable to Root the latest two version of KitKat for Yoga tablet, the last update was more then two month ago (19 June 2014) for Chinese version.

Please try the PC version of " Genius Root" which was updated last week on 21 Aug 2014 as per attach zip file.
Just upzip to folder and open the RootGenius_2.0.1.3 (21 Aug'14).exe file.

You can remove Vroot after you had root your Yoga tablet with any System apps remover from Play store. e.g " Root App Delete".

Handle with care when using system application remover as delete of some system will cause your Yoga tablet to malfunction.

http://www.shuame.com/root/?ref=wap
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootGenius_2.0.1.3 (21 Aug'14).exe.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.29 MB, 2540 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to aikhung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aikhung Ad-Free
25th August 2014, 03:52 AM |#82  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelaJuel

Good evening I did the root step by step Vroot ran from the computer and when finished, indicating that happened when I got to root my tablet has something Icons chinese when i run the terminal emulator telling me access denied and exei ena icon on tablet vroot but does not seem to be root and not know what to do can someone help ???

Please check my reply to @ escobaro for post #81 by using PC version of "RootGenius" to root.

Vroot is unable to last few update version of kitKat for Yogo tablet.
25th August 2014, 06:01 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikhung

Please check my reply to @ escobaro for post #81 by using PC version of "RootGenius" to root.

Vroot is unable to last few update version of kitKat for Yogo tablet.

I flahed the FW B6000_A442_001_020_140620_WW_WIFI from thr russian site.
After that i started root genius over PC. Then i see the kunguser icon on yoga tablet. But Genius root says after the hole procedure that rooting has failed.
When i want to root via genius apk, it also fails when i want to install the root APK from genius app
25th August 2014, 08:16 PM |#84  
Flag Duesseldorf
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Do not use Vroot as it is unable to Root the latest two version of KitKat for Yoga tablet, the last update was more then two month ago (19 June 2014) for Chinese version.

Please try the PC version of " Genius Root" which was updated last week on 21 Aug 2014 as per attach zip file.

You can remove Vroot after you had root your Yoga tablet with any System apps remover from Play store. e.g " Root App Delete".

Handle with care when using system application remover as delete of some system will cause your Yoga tablet to malfunction.

http://www.shuame.com/root/?ref=wap

Worked for me!

Thanks..
26th August 2014, 02:29 AM |#85  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobaro

I flahed the FW B6000_A442_001_020_140620_WW_WIFI from thr russian site.
After that i started root genius over PC. Then i see the kunguser icon on yoga tablet. But Genius root says after the hole procedure that rooting has failed.
When i want to root via genius apk, it also fails when i want to install the root APK from genius app

Your KitKat FW B6000_A442_001_020_140620_WW_WIFI is not the latest and can be root by "Root Genius APK" Android mobile version from post #71.

First download the apk by using your tablet internet browser
http://www.shuame.com/m/root.html#

1) launch the app and pressed the root button
2) Waited until it was done (100%)
3) Exited the app
4) Shutdown the tablet by pressing the on/off button for two second and then confirmed to shutdown
5) Switch on the tablet by pressing the on/off button for a couple of seconds
6) Installed SuperSU from the play store
7) It will ask to deleted the Chinese root app
8) Uninstall the KingUser app with system uninstall app. e.g "ROM Toolbox Pro" app

Please manually shutdown the tablet and repeat the root procedure (Step 1 to 5) few times until it is root.
I repeat for at least 3 times until it is finally root.

You can try this old APK file version of "RootGenius_general_mobile" if the latest version fail after many attempt to root .
The Following User Says Thank You to aikhung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aikhung Ad-Free
26th August 2014, 01:06 PM |#86  

More
Quote:

This does not work on my Yoga 8 tablet. After a few reboots RootGenius forces it seems to be done but there is no root access afterwards.
I tried few times.

The latest firmware updates are installed (B6000_A442_001_023_140811_WW_WIFI).
Is there another way to get root access?
Thanks for suggestions.
27th August 2014, 07:57 AM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmig

This does not work on my Yoga 8 tablet. After a few reboots RootGenius forces it seems to be done but there is no root access afterwards.
I tried few times.

Thanks for suggestions.

Please disable any Anti Virus software and close all application on both Yoga table and PC before you start root process.
Or try with another PC.

It work for my Yoga 8 with 3G data without calling function (B6000_A442_001_023_140811_WW_3GDATA) using PC version of "RootGenius_2.0.1.3 (21 Aug'14)" refer to post #81
Please install super user from Play store after you root with PC version of Root Genius.

Most of the root software for Lenovo products is from China.
Attached with other root app from China, you may click below link to get latest version but it does not work for my Yoga with latest KitKat version released last week.
You can give it a try.

http://www.yjroot.net/content-14-33-1.html

1) iRoot2_1.0.1_140826_2030_1000_r.apk
2) RomasterSu_1.0.1_140826_1000_r_373.apk
3) rootdashi_z4.apk
27th August 2014, 08:44 AM |#88  

More
KitKat [4.4.2] root
Quote:

I tried few times.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hello! Same problem on the same model until yesterday ...

It worked Kingroot !!! install the apk and start ... 3 minutes and you'll get the permits.

After this download Supersu or similar apps and then,if you want ,uninstall Kinguser ...

Bye!
27th August 2014, 06:01 PM |#89  

More
Thanks for help!
I tried with disabled antivir on another pc without success. Kingroot also did not help me getting root access.
At the moment I do not want to try to other apps as you said they propably wont work an my tablet. And I do not want to destroy it by using the wrong software on it.
28th August 2014, 09:01 AM |#90  

More
Quote:

Thanks for help!
I tried with disabled antivir on another pc without success. Kingroot also did not help me getting root access.
At the moment I do not want to try to other apps as you said they propably wont work an my tablet. And I do not want to destroy it by using the wrong software on it.

Personally I do not understand why PC version for Genius Root from my post #81 does not work for you.
It work for many of us with the latest KitKat build version "B6000_A442_001_023_140811"

It is quite safe to use both PC or Android APK version to root.
You will only damage your android device by flashing wrong recovery or ROM version.

PC version successful rate is much higher then APK app on android device, so please use PC version.

There is always two version from China root application and please try to use the Chinese language version even it is difficult to understand as Chinese version is always the latest updated version.

You may try the Vroot latest Chinese PC version from below link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3V...it?usp=sharing
28th August 2014, 11:14 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
HELP
So i rooted my Lenovo Yoga 10 tablet with Vroot, and it installed the Chinese apps, i installed SuperSU and it asks for an update on it's binary, then it keeps saying "installing, please wait" and after that it says "Installation failed", when i check for root with a program it says that i have no root access, but Vroot keeps saying that i am rooted adn asks if i want to reroot or unroot, rerooting results in the same thing, and unrooting doesn't work. Please help now i can't uninstall the Chinese program that has an icon with a white horse head and i cant root it either.Tell me what to do to remove this app or root my tablet. Again my tablet is Lenovo Yoga 10 3G model running on android 4.4.2 kitkat.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to, root, yoga 10, yoga 8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)