Hi guys today I present to you a lightweight version of OmniROM 4.4.4 for our beloved A500. This version of the rom has lots of bloatware removed and is very snappy and fast. So I hope you guys will try out and give your feedback thank you!
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/89...niLight_v2.zip
1. It is recommended that you use CWM 126.96.36.199 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583710 to flash this rom.
2. Download SuperSU from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu/ and put it on your device.
3. Now flash the rom and SuperSU zip and GApps in recovery. (Seems like there is a problem when using gapps on tegra 2 devices. I personally think that the only important thing in gapps is the play store and play store was automatically installed with omnirom and i did not even flash gapps. Can anyone try not flashing gapps and getting back to me if play store is there???)
4. Now format cache and dalvik cache. If you are coming from another rom or another android version please format data.
5. Reboot and profit!
6. If you are experiencing Sleep of Death issues, take a look at this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663789
7. To use multiwindow, go to recent apps, long press on app/s, and select it from there.
- Has Multiwindow!!! (To use multiwindow, go to recent apps, long press on app/s, and select it from there.)
- Very fast and snappy
- Replaced default launcher with Smart Launcher 2
- Replaced default Camera app with Open Camera
- A bunch of removed apps, which are:
Changes From v1:
- Calendar, Contacts and Email apps restored.
- Default Camera app switched to Open Camera.
- Default bootanimation restored.
Details of v1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=54
You tell me.
To the IconiaHD team for the device, vendor and kernel sources!
To the OmniROM team for such an awesome rom!