Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial
Click on the thanks button to their posts!
- Dao Thanh Duy ( @daothanhduy1996 ), first and foremost for his contributions to the NILTMT kernel, providing his device and kernel source trees and for having done such a good job that I had almost no problems compiling cm-11.0 with them. His help has also been essential to figuring out issues on IRC. This ROM would not have been possible without him
- The Cyanogenmod team and everyone who has contributed to the project. I merely ported their ROM, they receive all your thanks.
- Brian ( @sunsurfer42 ) for this extremely generous donation of TWO dev phones in addition to 2 extra batteries. He even refused when I offered to pay for shipping. This ROM would not be available to you guys without him.
- Rick ( @GFX.myst. ) for providing the awesome graphics for our team and this thread! He even made us a new CM11 Unofficial logo
- David LaMontagne ( @DJLamontagneIII ) for his awesome kernel source
- @JustArchi for his optimizations and his Linaro repositories which were used in the making of this ROM
- @Beastmode for the source code he left with us. At one point he was the only active developer for this phone. I still miss seeing his contributions (Proton Kernel anyone?)
- @bhundven , @jeffsf , @m4xm4n , @AntonX , and @RaverX3X for all the time and effort they put into this phone. We're still using their source code to this day
- Missing non-essential apps such as wallpapers to free up space in the /system partition
- Android KitKat 4.4.4 built from source with the latest updates
- Compiled with Linaro 4.7 using -O2 optimizations on both the THUMB and ARM targets. This means that most of the ROM, not just the kernel, receive these optimizations
- Debloated, removed a bunch of wallpapers, the NFC, Torch and Video Editor apps
- All of the Aries bugs still plaguing this phone, including:
- Charging animation broken
- No smooth HD video recording
- TV out not tested
- Won't make your phone have a quad core processor
If you're still on Gingerbread or older, follow lumin's guide here. You need CWM 5 with the blue text:
Once you have blue CWM5, just flash the ROM. It will automatically continue flashing using TWRP once your phone restarts. After the flash is done the phone will continue to boot into CM11, no need for a 2nd flash.
If you're already on any ROM newer than ICS, just follow the instructions below.
- Download the ROM and optionally gapps and put them on your SD Card
- Make a backup of your current ROM and apps using both Titanium backup and with TWRP/CWM.
- Do a factory reset (full wipes for safety)
- Flash the ROM and gapps
- Wait another 5 minutes after you see your phone boot fully. This will let all the dust settle.
If you are upgrading from an older build of this ROM, you can probably get away with dirty flashing (not doing a factory reset between flashes) but if you run into any issues, do a full phone wipe (wipe system, data and cache) then flash the new version of the ROM.
Team Acid strives to remain compliant to the GPL. We provide the full sources to our ROMs here:
To build CM11 follow the official Cyanogenmod guide for the vibrantmtd here:
MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE vibrantmtd FOR galaxys4gmtd WHEN FOLLOWING THE STEPS FOR THE GUIDE
You will also need the local manifests which you can find here:
To learn how to use a local manifest, check Cyanogenmod's guide here:
If you need help building this ROM please reply on this thread here.
There is no separate Q&A thread. You can ask your questions by replying in this thread.
This includes any questions or bug reports you may have.
Cyanogenmod 11.0 Unofficial, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G
FBis251, daothanhduy1996, DJLamontagneIII, bhundven, jeffsf, m4xm4n, AntonX, and RaverX3X
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod 11.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-09
Last Updated 2014-10-10