FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: How many of you will use Android L as your daily driver?

Yes, I will keep it

637 Vote(s)
76.29%
No, it is too unstable for daily use

198 Vote(s)
23.71%

[OFFICIAL] Android Lollipop Discussion (Android Lollipop Released)

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 77

Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2014, 03:51 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Why we are without last releases....
I hope they release L for nexus 7(2013) mobile today...

26th June 2014, 03:56 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye29

Material Design is a rip off of modern ui from windows phone.

I don't believe that to be accurate. It's more an implementation of design philosophy that originated in the early 20th century in the U.S. and from Bauhaus at Dessau. If you look up Bauhaus and click on images you'll see some similarities. Design is supposed to be simple but functional. The famous "form follows function" that we have been using in architecture and industrial design for nearly a hundred years, yet the designing of buildings and furniture has been around for thousands of years, is starting to take hold of tech design. Technology design, namely software, is relatively new so we haven't had as much practice. This isn't Android trying to rip someone off, it's simply a company that has started to care more about the user experience as it deals with design.

In my opinion Windows Mobile UI falls short of good design while Android and IOS are nearly there.

Hope this cleared some things up.
The Following User Says Thank You to G.K. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G.K. Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 04:04 PM |#33  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K.

I don't believe that to be accurate. It's more an implementation of design philosophy that originated in the early 20th century in the U.S. and from Bauhaus at Dessau. If you look up Bauhaus and click on images you'll see some similarities. Design is supposed to be simple but functional. The famous "form follows function" that we have been using in architecture and industrial design for nearly a hundred years, yet the designing of buildings and furniture has been around for thousands of years, is starting to take hold of tech design. Technology design, namely software, is relatively new so we haven't had as much practice. This isn't Android trying to rip someone off, it's simply a company that has started to care more about the user experience as it deals with design.

In my opinion Windows Mobile UI falls short of good design while Android and IOS are nearly there.

Hope this cleared some things up.

Windows phone and windows 8 are based on the designs of Massimo Vignelli, a painter of the 50's. He utilizes a simple but bold visual design similar to what you've referred to. Even though google and apple have adopted similar designs, windows(Microsoft) has been implementing those designs ahead of time. Google being the latter.
26th June 2014, 04:32 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye29

Windows phone and windows 8 are based on the designs of Massimo Vignelli, a painter of the 50's. He utilizes a simple but bold visual design similar to what you've referred to. Even though google and apple have adopted similar designs, windows(Microsoft) has been implementing those designs ahead of time. Google being the latter.

Bauhaus 1915-1933 : Android 2013-Current

Massimo Vignelli 1931-2014 : Windows Mobile 2010-Current

EDIT: This is how I see it at least. Some may even claim that Vignelli may have been influenced by the teachings(design philosophies) of Walter Gropius who was one of the founder of Bauhaus. Design is something that should be encouraged. Honestly, there will always be similarities since there is only so much that can be functional in smartphone OS's. Anyway have a good day man.
26th June 2014, 04:48 PM |#35  

More
When will publish for developers Android L? No one knows?
26th June 2014, 05:18 PM |#36  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 147

More
When do you think we will see a ROM based of L for the nexus 7 2013?
26th June 2014, 05:24 PM |#37  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K.

Bauhaus 1915-1933 : Android 2013-Current

Massimo Vignelli 1931-2014 : Windows Mobile 2010-Current

EDIT: This is how I see it at least. Some may even claim that Vignelli may have been influenced by the teachings(design philosophies) of Walter Gropius who was one of the founder of Bauhaus. Design is something that should be encouraged. Honestly, there will always be similarities since there is only so much that can be functional in smartphone OS's. Anyway have a good day man.

Good day to you too. That's right, only way to innovate these days is to take something and make it better. Take it easy, dude
26th June 2014, 05:59 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadok

When will publish for developers Android L? No one knows?

I wait it for hours
26th June 2014, 06:06 PM |#39  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truongnguyen1912

I wait it for hours

I wait it for hours too. In my country 8 pm now, I will not go to sleep until I see Android L
26th June 2014, 06:09 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadok

I wait it for hours too. In my country 8 pm now, I will not go to sleep until I see Android L

Do you know in my country, what's the time now? It's 12:07am 06/27/2014. Yes, 06/27. And I think now is 01:07pm 06/26/2014 in New York!
26th June 2014, 06:26 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truongnguyen1912

Do you know in my country, what's the time now? It's 12:07am 06/27/2014. Yes, 06/27. And I think now is 01:07pm 06/26/2014 in New York!

Google I/O is in San Fransisco, not New York, which is another 3 hours "behind in time" compared with New York

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

It is live??

http://developer.android.com/preview/setup-sdk.html#top
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 5.0, android l, june 2014

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)