FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [TL][H] Xperia T. Internal storage is dead.

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By deywid12345, Junior Member on 25th June 2014, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome guys, my internal storage is dead it happend after I accidentally cleaned it (wanted to format external sd card...). I can't copy anything from PC on to it. I have no access. I'm running cm-11-20140623-NIGHTLY-mint with ClockworkModRecovery 6.x
How can I fix it?
I tried so far again cleaning it from Android level and also formating partition via recovery mode.

25th June 2014, 11:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deywid12345

Welcome guys, my internal storage is dead it happend after I accidentally cleaned it (wanted to format external sd card...). I can't copy anything from PC on to it. I have no access. I'm running cm-11-20140623-NIGHTLY-mint with ClockworkModRecovery 6.x
How can I fix it?
I tried so far again cleaning it from Android level and also formating partition via recovery mode.

It's an old issue with formatting your internal memory with a custom ROM, and I think it's a permission issue. Can you access ADB through recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=95
25th June 2014, 11:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

It's an old issue with formatting your internal memory with a custom ROM, and I think it's a permission issue. Can you access ADB through recovery?

How can I check that? (I installed CM with tutorial step-by-step). I can use recovery mode, fastboot, my phone boot up just fine. I have read this but I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me ? I'm depressed.
26th June 2014, 12:21 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

How can I check that? (I installed CM with tutorial step-by-step). I can use recovery mode, fastboot, my phone boot up just fine. I have read this but I don't know what I have to do. Can you tell me ? I'm depressed.

If you install a Terminal Emulator on your phone, you might be able to avoid using ADB. Ideally you should learn how to set up ADB (google it), or read this and see if it helps you.

Let me know if you install a Terminal Emulator (and are rooted).
26th June 2014, 12:27 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

If you install a Terminal Emulator on your phone, you might be able to avoid using ADB. Ideally you should learn how to set up ADB (google it), or read this and see if it helps you.

Let me know if you install a Terminal Emulator (and are rooted).

I have Terminal Emulator installed and rooted yet.
What's the next step. You are my only hope to fix this man.
26th June 2014, 01:18 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

I have Terminal Emulator installed and rooted yet.
What's the next step. You are my only hope to fix this man.

Then open Terminal Emulator and run the following commands (ignore what is in parenthesis):

Code:
su (grant access)
cd /mnt/media_rw
ls -l
Let me know what that command shows you. It should show you something similar to what I have in the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-25-19-16-27.png
Views:	290
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2817728  
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Antiga Prime Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 08:21 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Then open Terminal Emulator and run the following commands (ignore what is in parenthesis):

Code:
su (grant access)
cd /mnt/media_rw
ls -l
Let me know what that command shows you. It should show you something similar to what I have in the attached image.

yeah it do.

Code:
drwxr -xr -x root root 1971-03-04 01:26 sdcard0
drwxrwx--- media_rw media_rw 1970-01-01 01:00 sdcard1
drwx------ media_rw media_rw 1971-03-04 01:25 usbdisk
That's what i got (can't provide you any screenshot because of not working internal mem.

(it looks like i dont have write permissions, but i have completly no clue how to fix it, just wrote that)
The Following User Says Thank You to deywid12345 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deywid12345 Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 12:10 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

yeah it do.

Code:
drwxr -xr -x root root 1971-03-04 01:26 sdcard0
drwxrwx--- media_rw media_rw 1970-01-01 01:00 sdcard1
drwx------ media_rw media_rw 1971-03-04 01:25 usbdisk
That's what i got (can't provide you any screenshot because of not working internal mem.

(it looks like i dont have write permissions, but i have completly no clue how to fix it, just wrote that)

Well, then you should try the following. Open the terminal again, use "su" again to grant root access, and do the following:

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
busybox chown -R 2800:2800 sdcard0
chmod 0770 sdcard0
Then either try to take a photo or create a file in your internal memory, or reboot and test your internal memory.

Edit: Just to be clear, the default user/owner for Sony internal memory is 2800, mine is set to 1023 (media_rw), as most phones should have, because I have modded the ramdisk in my kernel in order to use a certain program.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Antiga Prime Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 12:14 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Well, then you should try the following. Open the terminal again, use "su" again to grant root access, and do the following:

Code:
su
cd /mnt/media_rw
busybox chown -R 2800:2800 sdcard0
chmod 0770 sdcard0
Then either try to take a photo or create a file in your internal memory, or reboot and test your internal memory.

Edit: Just to be clear, the default user/owner for Sony internal memory is 2800, mine is set to 1023 (media_rw), as most phones should have, because I have modded the ramdisk in my kernel in order to use a certain program.

Man it works! I ****in owe you! Worked even without rebooting phone.
Love from Poland!
26th June 2014, 01:15 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Man it works! I ****in owe you! Worked even without rebooting phone.
Love from Poland!

No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Antiga Prime Ad-Free
26th June 2014, 03:10 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

No problem. In case you're interested in learning what that just did, you might want read this and this.

Thanks for all your help !
Once I saw differents privilages letters i know its about it. Back in days I was working on FreeBSD (amateur) but had to deal with things like that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)