FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 6.23.651.10 | *Updated 10.30.15*

7,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,959

By OMJ, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 26th June 2014, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd October 2014, 08:39 AM |#201  
Flag Bangalore, Mumbai, Houston
Thanks Meter: 2,629

Donate to Me
More
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2mcn57wbn...JCjluns9a?dl=0
System Dump
/system
/Data

22nd October 2014, 01:29 PM |#202  
Flag Bauchi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J

Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 5.05.651.2!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. If you are S-ON, you MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_5.05.651.2_RUU.exe

*credit to HTC @ http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-sprint/news/

**Just run the .exe

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_5.05.651.2_OTA_only.zip

*credit to @BD619

Here is the extracted 5.05.651.2 Firmware:

Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655046757

Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655046758

Previous RUU (5.03.651.3)

HUGE Thanks to the dude who hooked me up, you're awesome!

credit to @-viperboy- for decrypting, thanks!

How to use:

-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_5.03.651.3_RUU.zip
-extract zip to a folder on your pc
-boot into bootloader (various ways)
-using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader (S-ON ONLY)
-from pc, run ARUWizard.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

DEVs, here is the Decrypted version!

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_5.03.651.3_RUU_decrypted.zip

These new RUU's now have the system.img split into 3 imgs. You must combine prior to extracting. Copy all 3 to a folder, then...

Use this cmd for Windows:

copy /b system_1.img + system_2.img + system_3.img newsystem.img

Use this cmd for Linux:

cat system_1.img system_2.img system_3.img > newsystem.img

Here is the extracted Firmware:

Full Firmware from RUU (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358553240

Modified Firmware w/ Radio....removed hboot, boot, recovery (fastboot flashable): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358553242

some basic instructions for flashing the modified firmware....

-rename firmware to firmware.zip
-copy firmware.zip to your sdk folder
-boot into bootloader
-plug in usb
-select fastboot option (screen should say fastboot usb)
-type Fastboot oem rebootRUU
-when u see the black screen w/ HTC, type Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
-when it's done, type Fastboot reboot

Here's a nice video from @thoughtlesskyle showing you how to flash the firmware:

XDA:DevDB Information
[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 5.03.651.3 | Encrypted | Decrypted |, Tool/Utility for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
O.M.J, benny3, chas123

Version Information

Created 2014-06-26
Last Updated 2014-10-16

nice post dude,,,,
can't install the OTA is there cwm/twrp flashable zip, this one is not installing through both custom and stock recovery..
by the way, is the RUU going to erase my data?
if not I think am gonna download the RUU
22nd October 2014, 06:26 PM |#203  
Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilliant_smart

nice post dude,,,,
can't install the OTA is there cwm/twrp flashable zip, this one is not installing through both custom and stock recovery..
by the way, is the RUU going to erase my data?
if not I think am gonna download the RUU

Yes, it will erase your data. So if you're going to RUU, backup all of your data onto a PC. Or use something like Titanium Backup to backup apps then put that all (along with any media files, etc) you have on your phone to PC and then restore back onto it once it's updated.

It's either that or wait for a stock rooted rom of this to be uploaded onto XDA.
22nd October 2014, 08:17 PM |#204  
Flag Chino
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Question
I can't get the latest ruu to work, came up with error 155.so I relock boot loader and had phone on fastboot usb
Mode and still stops when it tries to copy the first file.any one gotten it to work?
23rd October 2014, 12:22 PM |#205  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rosommon, MICH
Thanks Meter: 3,573

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkanator

I can't get the latest ruu to work, came up with error 155.so I relock boot loader and had phone on fastboot usb
Mode and still stops when it tries to copy the first file.any one gotten it to work?

What hboot are you on?
23rd October 2014, 12:28 PM |#206  
Flag Chino
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3

Are you using the correct RUU for your CID

This is what I was using,not really sure what cid is but have never needed to change or modify it on any of the devices that I own.a little help on getting this to work would be great.thx.

I am s off and all the newest firmware.

Doing some reading I am on hboot 1.55, I guess I need to be on 1.57 to get this to work?
So do I flash full firmware then run the ruu?
23rd October 2014, 01:26 PM |#207  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 11,882

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Doing some reading I am on hboot 1.55, I guess I need to be on 1.57 to get this to work?

Correct
24th October 2014, 03:17 AM |#208  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rosommon, MICH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is what I was using,not really sure what cid is but have never needed to change or modify it on any of the devices that I own.a little help on getting this to work would be great.thx.

I am s off and all the newest firmware.

Sorry for the question about the cid i thought i was in the M8 thread...lol I edited right away but you quoted to quick.lol
24th October 2014, 07:13 PM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
This is probably already answered, but I'm either too dense to find it, or it isn't talked about specifically in the last few pages.

It's hard for me to keep all of this straight, when I only mess with it about every 6 months. So, if I just want to update my software, without wiping (like the OTA update would do), I would flash the "Modified Firmware w/ Radio" zip in fastboot and not use the RUUs or any other files in the post, is that correct?

I'm Rooted with HBoot 1.56, S-Off.

Thanks...
25th October 2014, 12:41 AM |#210  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rosommon, MICH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by generosity21

This is probably already answered, but I'm either too dense to find it, or it isn't talked about specifically in the last few pages.

It's hard for me to keep all of this straight, when I only mess with it about every 6 months. So, if I just want to update my software, without wiping (like the OTA update would do), I would flash the "Modified Firmware w/ Radio" zip in fastboot and not use the RUUs or any other files in the post, is that correct?

I'm Rooted with HBoot 1.56, S-Off.

Thanks...

Correct
The Following User Says Thank You to benny3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benny3 Ad-Free
28th October 2014, 01:41 PM |#211  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Hey Benny, so I have to upgrade my hboot to 157 with the full firmware before running the RUU? The modified firmware doesn't upgrade my hboot, correct? Like others here I keep getting an image error (158)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)