This method uses a modified stock boot.img for the Galaxy K Zoom C115
that will root automatically the current /system in place without flashing a new system image.
What you get:
- Stock kernel 3.4.39-1837070
- Root + SuperSu apk
- addblocker (/etc/hosts)
- init.d support
- microSD card write fix for non system applications (modified platform.xml)
The good thing with this new method is that it will also auto-reroot the system if su disappears.
So for example you can flash a new official stock system.img and then on the 1st boot it will root it again automatically, no need to do anything else.
(as long as you don't flash another boot.img of course)
What you need:
- Computer with Odin working (Tested with V3.09)*
- File from above.
How to root:
- Unzip the file on the computer with odin ( you get a .tar.md5 file)
- Shutdown mobile
- Start mobile in odin mode*
(push *together: volume down + home + power, * when confirmation screen appears, push *vol up to confirm)
- Launch Odin
- Connect phone by USB *(Odin will display *"Added", if it works and com port should be listed)
- In Odin options you only need Autoreboot checked
- Click on AP choose the *.tar.md5 unzipped previously
- Wait that odin checks the file (can take a few seconds and odin can freeze during that time, just wait)
- Click on Start
Odin will flash the image and reboot
If you are having wifi password issues, to make sure it works let it boot fully once after flashing, then reboot
(you might have to reenter your wifi password the 1st time you flash)
Happy rooting !
As usual, use at your own risk
- Dan Pollock for the original ad-blocker file http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/
- ChainFire for SuperSU