What you get:
- Direct root on any 4.3 stock firmware, so you DON'T need to downgrade to 4.1.2 anymore!
- PhilZ Touch Recovery based on CWM recovery, so every backup made from CWM can be restored with PhilZ-Touch and vice versa.
What you need:
- Any stock firmware based on Android 4.3
Go HERE if you need one.
- Unknown sources enabled
Go to Settings, tap on Security, select Unknown sources.
- Download the last version of Towelroot from HERE (click on λ symbol to get it)
- Copy tr.apk into internal memory of your phone and install it with a File Manager
- Open Towelroot and tap on "make it ra1n"
NOTE: if you get the message "Please ensure you are connected to the internet", then have a look HERE
- Now simply install SuperSU by Chainfire from Play Store
- Open SuperSU. It will ask to update the SU binary: tap on "Continue", then on "Normal"
- You can uninstall Towelroot app, if you want or need
- Download modified FlashgordonBB from HERE
- Download PhilZ Touch Recovery from HERE (remember to hit "Thanks" to @peetr_ for his great work)
- Copy both files into internal memory of your phone
- Install FlashGordonBB.apk with a File Manager
- Open Flash Gordon on your phone, tap on "Select zip..." and select PhilZ Touch Recovery ZIP file
- Tap on "Grant" when root permission is asked
- Tap on "Flash Now!"
- Turn off (do not reboot through Flash Gordon)
- Done! To enter into recovery, just power on and immediately push Vol-down button repeatedly
- You can uninstall Flash Gordon app, if you want or need
Any further suggestion is welcome!