FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android L Preview Port

1,843 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,877
 
Post Reply Email Thread
ROM THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...c-one-t2812816
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free
 
 
30th June 2014, 03:49 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrij

I've been working to port the L Preview from Nexus 5 to HTC One M7 but having issues with updater script. A lot has changed and I have experience with ROMs compiling and flashing but I have never ported ROMs between devices. Anyone has experience doing so? Can work together then

How much has the script changed from KitKat? I don't have much experience with porting, but can help when I can.
30th June 2014, 04:38 PM |#3  
nuuits's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 458
 
More
what errors are you getting?
30th June 2014, 04:51 PM |#4  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992
 
More
Watch out, there have apparently been a few bricks from trying to create flashables for L
30th June 2014, 09:21 PM |#5  
ANDR01DN00B's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Your downstairs basement
Thanks Meter: 802
 
More
I sooo wish I could help but sadly I'm a N00B!!! Man hopefully all goes well to all contributors!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st July 2014, 07:26 AM |#6  
uZzY94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

Watch out, there have apparently been a few bricks from trying to create flashables for L

You mean.. their device is resting in pieces forever?
1st July 2014, 07:28 AM |#7  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uZzY94

You mean.. their device is resting in pieces forever?

yeap
1st July 2014, 10:23 AM |#8  
ssrij's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

yeap

Here's the full DMESG: http://pastebin.com/Gb38U9YD

What I've tried to do so far:

1. Copied app, priv app, media, fonts and framework folder from L preview to a GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with certain files and libs like libart.so, etc and the boot.img
STATUS: Stuck on HTC Logo

2. Copied proprietary files from GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with the boot.img to the L preview ROM.
STATUS: Stuck on HTC Logo

I also merged some code from the updater script of L preview ROM with the GPE ROM and vice versa, same issue.

Am I missing something?
1st July 2014, 10:32 AM |#9  
ssrij's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabien

what errors are you getting?

The error lies in the dmesg, I am seeing a lot of this:

Quote:

E/kickstart-htc( 246): myexecv: fork+

E/kickstart-htc( 246): myexecv: fork-

E/kickstart-htc( 246): myexecv: waitpid+, pid=[540]

E/kickstart-htc( 540): myexecv: fork-

E/kickstart-htc( 540): myexecv: execv+

E/kickstart-htc( 246): myexecv: waitpid-, ret=[0]

1st July 2014, 10:34 AM |#10  
ssrij's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmusingNerd

How much has the script changed from KitKat? I don't have much experience with porting, but can help when I can.

Here's the updater script for L: http://pastebin.com/4ApMRAcF

Not a huge difference, but it seems longer
1st July 2014, 10:55 AM |#11  
poondog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrij

Here's the full DMESG: http://pastebin.com/Gb38U9YD

What I've tried to do so far:

1. Copied app, priv app, media, fonts and framework folder from L preview to a GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with certain files and libs like libart.so, etc and the boot.img
STATUS: Stuck on HTC Logo

2. Copied proprietary files from GPE 4.4 ROM for HTC One along with the boot.img to the L preview ROM.
STATUS: Stuck on HTC Logo

I also merged some code from the updater script of L preview ROM with the GPE ROM and vice versa, same issue.

Am I missing something?

You can't have sense stuff in an AOSP ROM. this is what you have, since gpe boot.img has sense style ramdisk and everything. Because gpe has sense stuff in framework etc then you'll need everything to match

I thought you'd have more chance from CM base because they're both aosp. Think of this, you can't port aosp ROMs with sense base
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, htc, l preview

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes