THIS POST IS DEPRECATED.
/!\ Please click thanks or offer me a coffee with donate if it was usefull for you /!\
This is rather technical, but i can help if you are stuck. Thank you for your comments.
Here is how you could install Google App suite to the THBK1-10 and certainly many ones based on Inside H2O bios, board name: CARD_B (see above for detailled specs)
Basically, to install some stuff, the concept is to get rid of all the caveats (special MMC drivers, EFI 32 bits with GPT, etc...) through actual Windows 8.1 installation. Everything takes place through classic Windows desktop. For convenience, personnally worked with TeamViewer, doing this with the dock/touchpad is pain in the ass. You can void your warranty and break the android part of your tablet, so operate carefully, i'm not responsible of what you do !
This leads to 3 phases:
a) accessing EXT4 Android partitions
b) transfer files from Windows to Android
c) change permissions
a) Accessing EXT4. I used coLinux to access and handle Android EXT4 partitions:
- download and install coLinux http://sourceforge.net/projects/coli...d?source=files
. At the 'Choose components' screen, uncheck 'Root filesystem image Download', and accept everything (including TAP drivers)
- download and unzip Debian Squeeze image in coLinux folder (c:\program files\colinux). Warning, this leads to a 2Gb file, ensure you have proper space. You could unzip it in your external SDcard, but you would have to change the path to rootfs and swap in above squeeze.conf
- test it: click on the squeeze.bat file into c:\program files\colinux (if you have an error co-slirp, simply close colinux and restart it). Once you have the 'debian login:' prompt simply type root then enter. You are now under coLinux.
First, install your local keyboard (if needed)
apt-get install console-setup locales console-data
In case you miss the point for the keyboard:
(choose select keyboard from full list / pc azerty or whatever...)
- you should now update your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
- fill with the following lines (remove all before)
deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
- update your apt repository:
- you would like to sync the clock from Linux with Windows: edit /etc/default/rcS and change UTC=yes to UTC=no
You can exit coLinux, we have things to tweak now.You can then download the attached Squeeze.conf, and put it into your colinux folder, replacing the old. Remember, if you have changed the path for rootfs and swap, you must change them to reflect your current installation.
b) transfer files from Windows to coLinux
We would create a share folder at the root of C:\.
You must have C:\share folder.
- Create a directory in /mnt
- then mount the folder into your coLinux
FOLLOW THE ABOVE ONLY FOR GAPPS:
mount -t cofs cofs0 /mnt/win
- You must now download the google apps files. The operation is done under Windows:
download Android 4.2.2 ones: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip
and extract all the file into C:\share
This folder must contains the whole gapps (you 'll see folders named: system, META-INF, optional...).
You must directly DELETE 3 files and 1 folder:
If everything is ok, browsing /mnt/win/ from coLinux (not windows)
should show the share directory content (META-INF,system,optional,...).
FOLLOW THIS ONLY IF ROOT:
- You must now copy su binary to your tablet: download attached files, unzip, copy it to your windows desktop shared folder
Nota: this file is extracted from Koush' superuser APK. This is the x86 su binary. Feel free to replace with newest version if available or if you fear something
FOLLOW THIS IF ROOT & GAPPS
c) access to Android partition
- create a system folder in /mnt
- mount android to system
mount /dev/cobd8 /mnt/system
- check you are ok with
You must see app, bin, usr, etc .... folders.
*** at this point, /mnt/system contains ALL your android system. NO MISTAKE ! ***
FOLLOW THIS ONLY IF GAPPS
- part 1: removing files. Browse to /mnt/system/app and CAREFULLY delete the 8 files (some could be missing, don't bother):
- part2: copy. Copy the files from Windows to Android - it could take up to 2 minutes -
cp -rp /mnt/win/system/* /mnt/system
- then fix the permissions:
chmod -R 755 /mnt/system/addon.d
chmod 755 /mnt/system/app/*
At this point, this is over. You can exit from colinux, reboot to Android, and come back to windows uninstalling coLinux, if anything is ok
The whole GAPPS are installed. Enjoy !
FOLLOW THIS ONLY IF ROOT
- copy attached x86 su binary to android
cp -p /mnt/win/su /mnt/system/bin
- then fix the permissions:
chmod 755 /mnt/system/bin/su
chmod u+s /mnt/system/bin/su
ln -s /mnt/system/bin/su /mnt/system/xbin/su
At this point, this is over. Reboot, you can now download and install superuser https://f-droid.org/repository/brows...utta.superuser
Your tablet is now rooted. Enjoy !