FORUMS

 View Poll Results: Make more Beanstalk Builds ?

Yes
 
42 Vote(s)
100.00%
No
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[ROM] [kitkat] [KFHD7] [4.4.4] [Unofficial] BeanStalk Build 4.4.4065(10/2)

437 posts
Thanks Meter: 626
 
By BuQQzz, Senior Member on 29th June 2014, 10:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
BeanStalk

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by scott.hart.bti. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

This Build doesnt contain the new cmparts as im sure they will be implemented in future releases!

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Note*..This build was compiled straight from Beanstalk Source, meaning any Specific bugs in this build wont be fixed until fixed by scott. As always ill try my best to help with minor issues!

Features
  • CM based
  • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
  • Customizable Lockscreen text color
  • Lockscreen rotation
  • Option to enable all widgets
  • Minimize lockscreen challange
  • Use widget carousel
  • Slider Shortcuts
  • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Lockscreen button actions
  • LCD Density
  • Scroll elasticity options
  • Default App grip option
  • Custom Carrier label
  • Dual Pane options
  • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
  • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
  • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
  • Status bar color and transparency
  • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
  • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
  • Breathing SMS option
  • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
  • Do not disturb option
  • Show notification count
  • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
  • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
  • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
  • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
  • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
  • Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
  • High end graphic effects option
  • option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
  • Low battery warning customizable options
  • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
  • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
  • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
  • Less frequent Notification sounds options
  • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
  • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
  • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
  • CM Performance options and features
  • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
  • insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
  • Hover
  • Hover settings
  • Android L Soft Keys
  • Floating WIndow
  • Slim Recents
  • XposedFramework
  • Halo
  • Identicons
  • App Circle Bar
  • Custom ProgressBar
  • Tons of other features hidden through out the ROM
  • SwipeToFloat
  • PA Pie
  • SlimROM Pie
  • Bootanimation
  • Overall performance
  • New CM Theme Engine
  • Revamped Settings



Bugs

*Screen Record FC
NETFLIX WORKAROUND!

Gapps

Download 4.4 Gapps



download

Updated-10/2
KFHD7-Beanstalk4.4.4065



  • Make sure you are rooted with a custom recovery
  • Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
  • Boot into recovery
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash BeanStalk build
  • Flash GAPPs package
  • Reboot





SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
My source can be found HERE





Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

CREDITS

Hashcode
scott.hart.bti
cyanogenmod
slimROMs
AOKP
And anyone else i missed !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-59-16.png
Views:	2414
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	2869076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-59-30.png
Views:	2315
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2869077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-59-45.png
Views:	2296
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	2869078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-16-59-56.png
Views:	2250
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	2869079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-17-00-34.jpg
Views:	2175
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	2869083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-17-01-37.png
Views:	2137
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	2869084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-17-02-28.png
Views:	2069
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	2869085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-17-17-30.png
Views:	2006
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2869086  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuQQzz Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 08:31 AM |#2  
SafinWasi's Avatar
Senior Member
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 366
 
More
Hmmm.... I'll try it as soon as I can get a (working) CM on this device. BTW,which recovery do you use?
30th June 2014, 01:06 PM |#3  
faZevoLv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nantwich
Thanks Meter: 1,163
 
More
Installed this ROM last night along with 4.4.4 gapps and its the best ROM I've tried so far!!! thankyou so much for your hard work.

I have found a bug however, using the app snapchat the camera is zoomed in and when I try to take a picture the app crashes and force closes, any ideas on a fix? I'm looking into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to faZevoLv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faZevoLv Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 04:30 PM |#4  
BuQQzz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC
Thanks Meter: 626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafinWasi

Hmmm.... I'll try it as soon as I can get a (working) CM on this device. BTW,which recovery do you use?

Oh man what happened bro ? And I use twrp but it should flash with cwm too haven't tried it yet though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 04:33 PM |#5  
BuQQzz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC
Thanks Meter: 626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faZevoLv

Installed this ROM last night along with 4.4.4 gapps and its the best ROM I've tried so far!!! thankyou so much for your hard work.

I have found a bug however, using the app snapchat the camera is zoomed in and when I try to take a picture the app crashes and force closes, any ideas on a fix? I'm looking into it.

Thanks! And Im also seeing a force close with recording on the stock camera, I'll get into looking for a fix, thanks for the find!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuQQzz Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 05:28 PM |#6  
faZevoLv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nantwich
Thanks Meter: 1,163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuQQzz

Thanks! And Im also seeing a force close with recording on the stock camera, I'll get into looking for a fix, thanks for the find!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've tried replacing many camera related libs, including all files in the vendor folder from the latest cm11 ROM, no luck :/

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuQQzz

Thanks! And Im also seeing a force close with recording on the stock camera, I'll get into looking for a fix, thanks for the find!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've tried replacing many camera related libs, including all files in the vendor folder from the latest cm11 ROM, no luck :/
The Following User Says Thank You to faZevoLv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faZevoLv Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 06:42 PM |#7  
BuQQzz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC
Thanks Meter: 626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faZevoLv

I've tried replacing many camera related libs, including all files in the vendor folder from the latest cm11 ROM, no luck :/

that would've been my first option too lol thanks, im in the process of setting up my new linux distro now for ROM development(old one wasn't acting nice with my pc) but while I was compiling this build on the old distro I had to manually implement our device specific files so there's definitely quite a few files and or libs missing, nothing that cant be fixed though lol on another note id be happy to give test builds to anyone who wants to help me with bugs and fixes to make this an even better ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuQQzz Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 06:53 PM |#8  
faZevoLv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nantwich
Thanks Meter: 1,163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuQQzz

that would've been my first option too lol thanks, im in the process of setting up my new linux distro now for ROM development(old one wasn't acting nice with my pc) but while I was compiling this build on the old distro I had to manually implement our device specific files so there's definitely quite a few files and or libs missing, nothing that cant be fixed though lol on another note id be happy to give test builds to anyone who wants to help me with bugs and fixes to make this an even better ROM

I'd be happy to test new builds, just pm me the link when your done and I'll give feedback very quickly (Y)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faZevoLv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faZevoLv Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 06:53 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I tried flashing this ROM in an attempt to resolve the video issues I experience with 4.4.2, but with no luck.

As with HashCode's KitKat, all video processing that I can find (youtube, bowser-based HTML5 video, etc) locks up and fails shortly after a reboot. I just tried a clean flash - wiped everything, installed this ROM and then GApps, and youtube shows the same behavior:

Boot up.
Videos play fine
Pause video
Allow tablet to lock
Wake tablet
Watch in dismay as youtube times out and stops trying to play any videos until you reboot again.



Just for funsies, I tried this, too:

Reboot tablet
Allow tablet to lock
Wake tablet
Open youtube

This played without issue - it loaded an advertisement, allowed me to skip it, and then played the video I'd selected.

I then stopped the video,killed the app, and allowed the tablet to lock. When I woke it up and launched Youtube, the videos would not play, showing the same behavior as before. It's like if the video functionality is (or has been) activated and the tablet times out, nothing short of a reboot will fix it.

Has anyone found a fix (or cause) for this?
30th June 2014, 07:29 PM |#10  
BuQQzz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NyC
Thanks Meter: 626
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrson

I tried flashing this ROM in an attempt to resolve the video issues I experience with 4.4.2, but with no luck.

As with HashCode's KitKat, all video processing that I can find (youtube, bowser-based HTML5 video, etc) locks up and fails shortly after a reboot. I just tried a clean flash - wiped everything, installed this ROM and then GApps, and youtube shows the same behavior:

Boot up.
Videos play fine
Pause video
Allow tablet to lock
Wake tablet
Watch in dismay as youtube times out and stops trying to play any videos until you reboot again.



Just for funsies, I tried this, too:

Reboot tablet
Allow tablet to lock
Wake tablet
Open youtube

This played without issue - it loaded an advertisement, allowed me to skip it, and then played the video I'd selected.

I then stopped the video,killed the app, and allowed the tablet to lock. When I woke it up and launched Youtube, the videos would not play, showing the same behavior as before. It's like if the video functionality is (or has been) activated and the tablet times out, nothing short of a reboot will fix it.

Has anyone found a fix (or cause) for this?

ive just tried to reproduce your issue but honestly everything plays well for me, and i personally never experienced this with Hashcodes CM either. If you can get me a logcat of the issue maybe i can dig deeper into it for you. just incase>>How To Logcat
30th June 2014, 08:23 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Been way out of touch with all this but tried to flash this to update from an age old CM11 build and stuck in TWRP now due to error "error executing updater binary in zip" when flashing! :S Is this something I can try to fix from here or will I need to drop back to an older ROM and update my recovery or maybe move to CWM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes