This will be the lightest G900T TouchWiz ROM you ever will see! Just 569 MB
G900T version ROM Details:
- Based on the latest Samsung Stock G900T UVU1BNH5 firmware (Base build date: 27-8-2014)
- Stock UVU1BNH5 Kernel (build date: 27-8-2014) & Latest KToonsez kernel
- De-bloated ROM to 569 MB!!
- All the standard features of Stock Android will work, so it's like an AOSP ROM with the TouchWiz launcher & SystemUI
- Unique separate Aroma Add-on Package which includes all the removed Samsung 'bloatware' apps, so that you can flash at any time your missing app back... SEE POST #2
- ROM still includes the original Samsung Gallery, Camera, Dialer, Messages, Music, Alarm & Calculator apps
- Latest Google Android L Keyboard (You can install the Samsung keyboard with the Aroma add-on package from post #2)
- Latest SuperSu & BusyBox integrated
- KNOX fully removed
- Native Call Recording
- T-Mobile WiFi calling & VoLTE support (VoLTE needs the latest NF6 or newer firmware)
- Mobile Hotspot without any limitations (removed provisioning checks)
- Optional working Private Mode (with the Aroma add-on package)
- At every boot the FsTrim command will be excecuted, to keep your Phone smooth and the internal memory fast!
(Make sure you enable the included Universal Init.d app for this, or use any custom kernel!)
- SD-card write permissions
- Odexed (to keep it ART Runtime compatible, and to keep 100% original stock files = faster)
- ART Runtime works (Make sure you haven't the Xposed Framework installed when using ART)
- Option to add or remove the secondary symbols to/from the Samsung Keyboard
- The T-Mobile Carrier apps are removed from the ROM, but you can install them back with the XtreStoLite Aroma Add-on package (post #2)
- Carrier IQ apps free
- A few build.prop tweaks, like: Fewer WiFi scans, Faster Boot animation speeds, Disabled logging, Disabled call ring and Proximity delay.
- A few CSC tweaks, like: Enabled Call recording, Enabled camera shutter sound button & Enabled secondary symbols on the Samsung keyboard & Add 10 Extra Quick toggles to the notification panel.
- 100% Original Stock files (No modded APK, Framework & lib files), this gives you the most stable, fastest & smoothest experience.
- In the Aroma installer of the ROM you can choose between 5 different mods:
- Advanced Reboot Menu
- Remove Safe Sound warning
- Remove S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in the Notification drawer
- 3Minit Battery Mod (choose between 1070+ battery icons)
- Modded Messages app with Screen On/Off toggle, Backup/Restore function, No auto SMS-to-MMS conversion & Increased Message limit from 100 to 1000 messages per hour
(screenshots are from the international version of this ROM)
- See Post #2 for the Aroma Add-on Package, so that you can choose which Samsung Apps / functions you want back.
You can use this Aroma add-on package at any time after flashing this rom (So you can first use the rom barebone and look for yourself which app/feature you want to have back)
- The ART runtime is still experimental, and I don't recommend to use it. You will also get slightly better performance with the Dalvik runtime.
- The aim of this ROM is to keep it as close to the stock firmware as possible. Because this way the ROM is the most stable you can get, and also you don't have any mods that can have influence on the performance and/or battery life of the ROM.
Also you can tweak the interface on your own nowadays with Xposed Framework plugins like: Wanam Xposed, GravityBox & Xposed G-TouchWiz.
- With the Xposed G-TouchWiz plugin you can remove/hide the S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in the notification panel.
And with the 'Galaxy S5 Widgets' Xposed module you can get widgets on your lock-screen.
So please don't ask in this thread if I can add an mod for those functions.
- I strongly recommend to install SVoice with the Aroma add-on package, even if you don't use SVoice, just to disable the Home key SVoice launch delay in SVoice. (Svoice -> Menu key -> Settings -> De-select: Open via the home key)
After disabling this option, the home key will react much quicker when you press it.
You can disable the Svoice app if you want after this (Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> S Voice -> Disable), but do not delete the app data of it.
- I recommend to set all the 3 Animation settings to 0.5 in the Developer settings menu, for much faster animations (and experience).
- Enable the Developer Options (Settings -> About Device -> 8x tap the Build number)
- Go to the Developer Options (Settings -> Developer options)
- Scroll down, and set:
'Window animation scale' to 0.5
'Transition animation scale' to 0.5
'Animator duration scale' to 0.5
- Enjoy the faster animations!
- All the Google Play Store apps are NOT included in the ROM (or Aroma add-on package), you can download those by yourself in the Play Store.
- If you choose to use the ART runtime, then the first reboot after you did choose the ART runtime will take a very long time to boot up. The bootscreen shows up longer than usual (around the 3 minutes), and after that the 'Android is upgrading...' screen will take a few minutes)
- Ktoonsez (for the amazing Ktoonsez kernel)
- LuigiBull23 (for the great Ktoonsez profiles)
- _alexndr (for parts of the installation script & the native init.d support)
- BeansTown106 (for the 'remove tethering restrictions' mod)
- DevVorteX (for the 'remove tethering restrictions' mod in v.1.3)
- HyperX- (for the HyperX camera mod)
All the Beta testers of course!
V.1.3.6a: - Fixed problems with the CSC (This fixes things like: Missing VoLTE, the 10 extra quick toggles, Call/message blocking & other CSC tweaks. - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to v.21-9-2014 - Changed default KToonsez kernel profile to Ktoonsez MOD (v.2) V.1.3.6: - Updated whole ROM to base Firmware UVU1BNH5 (build date: August 27th) - Added 5 different Optional Mods (ALL ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ART RUNTIME!!): • Advanced Reboot Menu (Also NOT compatible with Private Mode) • Remove High Volume Warning (Also NOT compatible with Private Mode) • Modded Samsung Messages app (with Screen on/off toggle, Backup/Restore function, Disabled auto SMS to MMS conversion & Increased Message limit from 100 to 1000 messages per hour) • Remove S-Finder & QuickConnect buttons in notification drawer • 3Minit Battery Mod (v.2.1) (Choose between 1070+ battery icons) - Added another new optional CSC tweak: Enable 10 Extra Quick Toggles in the notification panel - Added Call/Message block entry in the Settings app - Made the Tethering Provision Checks Removal Mod Optional, and includes Bluetooth tethering now - Updated Google Play Services to v.22.214.171.124 - Misc. fixes & optimizations V.1.3.5a: If you use v.1.3.5 then please DOWNLOAD v.1.3.5a and do an CLEAN FLASH - Added missing feature.xml CSC file with many specific USA T-Mobile settings/features (this file was missing in v.1.3.5, and is very important!) - Fixed VoLTE & WiFi-Calling (wasn't working in v.1.3.5) V.1.3.5: - Re-based whole ROM to base firmware UVU1BNG4 (build date: August 25th) - Updated Stock kernel to UVU1BNG4 - Updated BusyBox & Sqlite3 binaries - Removed Fstrim binary (it isn't needed anymore, the FSTrim command is now integrated in the new BusyBox binary!) - Fixed some permissions - Added AT&T carrier APN settings (for those with an G900T on AT&T) - Made 3 CSC Tweaks optional in the Aroma installer of the ROM (Call recording, Exit button in the S-Browser & Camera shutter sound button) - Also made the Build.prop tweaks & Sqlite3 tweak optional in the Aroma installer - Moved HearingAdjust, RootPA & SStudio apk's to the Aroma Add-on Package (to make the ROM even more lite) - Removed some more un-needed lib files - Updated Ktoonsez kernel to build 14-8 - Boot-sound removal tweak now also removes the shutdown sound - Various fixes and optimizations V.1.3a: - Fixed Camera connection error (reverted back to the Stock Adreno driver, instead of the updated Qualcomm developer June driver) - Updated Google Play Services to v.5.2.08 (from Android L Developer Preview 2) - Updated Google Keyboard to v.3.1.20003.1320585 (from Android L Developers Preview 2) - Updated Ktoonsez Kernel to the build from AUG 4th. V1.3: - Re-based whole ROM to firmware UVU1BNG3 (build date 19-7-2014) - Stock Kernel UVU1BNG3 (build date 19-7-2014) - Added newest KToonsez kernel (v.26-7) as an option, with XtreStoLite KToonsified profile (by @Ktoonsez, @LuigiBull23 & me) - Added NATIVE init.d support (thanks to @_alexndr) (the Universal init.d app is no longer needed!) (this also works with the Stock kernel, not only with KToonsez kernel!!) - Updated Adreno GPU drivers from March 2014 to June 2014 (from the Qualcomm developer site) (thanks to @iamnotkurtcobain) - Updated SuperSu to v.2.0.2 - Updated Google Play Services to v.5.0.88 - Updated Google Play Store to v.4.9.13 (with Android L interface!) - Added latest Sqlite3 binary - Removed 3 more apk's (FixmoISA, intelligenceservice_1.0_alpha1 & ResourceManager) - Disabled the 'Tima' KNOX service in the build.prop file (thanks to @moneytoo) - It's now also possible to do an full-wipe from within the ROM Aroma installer. - Improved the installation script a lot again (by @_alexndr) - Misc. fixes and speed improvements V.1.2.1c: - Made the ROM even more lite (505 MB now!); Removed some useless lib files, moved the SPen support files & Google Now en-us speech recognition files to the Aroma add-on package. - Various CSC tweaks:
V.1.2.1b: - Fixed Wi-Fi hotspot, and removed the provision checks! (thanks to @BeansTown106) - Made a few optimizations to the Aroma installer and installation script - Updated SuperSu to v.2.01 V.1.2.1a: - First version for the G900T - Same changes as the international version of this ROM (up to v.1.2.1), Plus: - Updated Google Keyboard to v.3.1.20003.1236599 from the Android L Developer Preview build - The Remove boot sounds option also removes the T-Mobile shutdown sound on this ROM.
- Fixed the 'Remove Disable secondary symbols from the Samsung keyboard' option
- Fixed the multi-language select button on the Samsung keyboard
- Fixed the SBrowser homepage
- Enabled option to Save link in the SBrowser
- Enabled override useragent in SBrowser
- Added Exit button in the SBrowser
- Make sure you have an custom recovery installed (CWM / PhilZ / TWRP) (This trips your KNOX warranty counter!)
- Also make sure that you're on the latest bootloader/modem
- Do a Data/Factory reset first in your recovery
- Start the installation
- Enjoy the Rom!
- Optionally: Flash the Aroma add-on Package, to restore some of the removed Samsung Apps/Functions that you want (You can do this anytime!)
I would NOT recommend to restore system apps or app data of your apps with Titanium backup, only the apps themselves.
Restoring App data or System apps can cause many problems. (This applies to any ROM!
See Post #2 For the Aroma Add-on Package, which includes all the removed Samsung apps and functions from the ROM, so that you can choose which feature/app you want back!
(check the MD5 of your download before flashing)
Full-Wipe is always advised, and needed if you come from another rom
ROM UVU1BNH5 V.1.3.6a: (569,7 MB)
Full-wipe STRONGLY RECOMMEND (because of new base firmware)
Direct D/L MIRROR
(thanks to Gabriël)
You need to use at least Aroma add-on package v.1.3.6 with this version of the ROM.
Stock UVU1BNH5 Kernel
(for when you did flash an custom kernel and want to have the stock kernel back)
(use the Donate button in my signature)
XtreStoLite G900T, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Current Stable Version: 1.3.6a
Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22
Last Updated 2014-09-22