FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

JOGGR Config Utility

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By am-imate, Member on 21st October 2006, 02:05 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Hmmm, anyone know how to silence the ringer when a call comes in and you just want to "shut the phone up" without declining the call? With my Wizard you can just hit the volume slider, and it'll make the ringer go off.

Thanks for your help in advance.

21st October 2006, 05:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i don't have mine yet, but did you try the joggr when the call comes in?
21st October 2006, 08:25 PM |#3  
OP Member
Cayman Islands

More
Yep tried that.. Even put the JOGGR in volume only mode, and that didn't shut it up either... I know on a lot of other phones you tap the power button to shut it up, but no button's will do it.

I'll keep trying..
23rd October 2006, 02:57 PM |#4  
OP Member
Cayman Islands

More
Argh, I've still not had any luck in finding a way to shut it up when a call comes in.. *sigh*
24th October 2006, 04:58 AM |#5  
Virginia

More
I don't think there is a feature to do what you want. Ignore or the end button send it directly to vm as you no doubt have figured out already.
27th October 2006, 10:35 PM |#6  

More
I can touch the volume strip on the dash and it mutes the phone call.
I know, not very helpful, but thought i'd let you know.
27th October 2006, 11:50 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by am-imate

Hmmm, anyone know how to silence the ringer when a call comes in and you just want to "shut the phone up" without declining the call? With my Wizard you can just hit the volume slider, and it'll make the ringer go off.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Look in the registry around:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\

There's a key there called EnableRingVolumeMute

If there isn't, try creating it and setting it to 1. Mine seems to mute the call fine with that setting.
28th October 2006, 01:26 AM |#8  
Flag Santa Monica

More
Ringer silencing on Dash
Hitting the "reduce volume" slider on my dash silences the ringer -- no registry hacks needed. Don't know if this works on HTC unit...
28th October 2006, 01:48 AM |#9  
OP Member
Cayman Islands

More
El Perfecto!!!!!!! The registry hack worked on the S620.. Apparently it comes with EnableRingVolumeMute set to 0.

Muchas thanks!

This needs to go in a FAQ.
28th October 2006, 06:44 AM |#10  

More
Change JOGGR Outlook key to something else?
Has anyone figured out how to change the JOGGR's launch outlook button (bottom button) to launch something else, say, FlexMail? Even though I have FlexMail set as the default mail program, it still launches Outlook...any ideas?

I hate Outlook email (it does not work well with IMAP, like, it won't delete things unless you resync it manually. Painful!)

jason
28th October 2006, 06:49 AM |#11  

More
Never mind...
Got this from www.smartphonethoughts.com just now:

Well that sure didn't take long. Just 1 day after the Dash hit the streets, akil, staulkor, and some others over at Howard Forums has found a way to change the functionality of the volume jogger on the Dash to include scrolling and launching programs. You'll need to modify the registry to get this to work. So, make sure you back things up before making any changes. Here are the changes you need to make to get this working.

To Enable Scrolling:
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\SwitchToAudioFun c = 0

Tap on Bottom Key Launches IE Mobile:
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\BottomKeyApplica tionName = \Windows\iexplore.exe

Tap on Top Key Performs Back
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JobBar\Settings\TopKeyApplicatio nName = BACK

You can replace any these with your favourite applications. Other common applications would be START (to Launch the Start menu), \Windows\tmail.exe to launch Outlook Mobile, or http://www.SmartphoneThoughts.com to launch IE Mobile with your favourite website Wink Let us know how you make out!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread