FORUMS

Hermes Extended ROM Unlocker & Unhider - works on new roms!

3,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

Post Reply Email Thread
Unlocking the Extended ROM is now possible again on new HTC Hermes ROMs

Download:
  • Hermes Extended ROM Unlocker & Unhider v3
    Works in ALL ROM versions, but you need to CID Unlock your Hermes first if you want to UNLOCK the Extended ROM (you don't need to CID Unlock if you just want to unhide the ExtROM):
    HERMES_MountALLExtROM.cab

Instructions:
  1. CID-Unlock your Hermes (NOTE: This step is only needed if you are using a NEW rom and want to UNLOCK the Extended ROM)
  2. Install cab file on your device
  3. Power off the device for 10 seconds
  4. soft reset with stylus

Before asking questions:
Read the wiki:
Notes:
  • All cab files you put on the ExtROM need to be signed with a valid certificate to install after a hard reset (there's no known way to circunvent that yet).
  • You can use the ExtROM folder as extra storage space (~10Mb).

Enjoy!
21st November 2006, 02:36 AM |#2  
Ask Me
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

Those having problems unlocking ExtROM on newer roms, please try this cab file:

HERMES_MountExtROM_v2.cab

Remember you have to power off the device for 10 seconds after installing the cab, then soft reset.

First person trying please post a comment and report if it works

Ow my golly Pof!!! You are a true GENIUS!!! Thank you very very very much!!! It works flawlessly with the Cingular AKU2.6 Rom!!! Another 9.5MB saved!!! Very grateful!

PERFECTION!!! Now I dont need to go back to the shipped TyTn Rom for the saved Ext_Rom space!!!
21st November 2006, 02:46 AM |#3  
Flag Hiroshima

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

Remember you have to power off the device for 10 seconds after installing the cab, then soft reset.

i just thought i'd try it and i did, it worked! you did it again pof!
21st November 2006, 02:58 AM |#4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pof

Is this unlocker easily reversible (translation: how does one lock again)?
21st November 2006, 03:17 AM |#5  
Flag Nagoya

More
pof let me get this right, it is now possible to unlock the extended rom with bootloader 1.06 like the RUU_HER_Cingular_1.34.502.1_1.16.00.00_wwe_cws_shi p.exe
21st November 2006, 03:29 AM |#6  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Thanks guys for your comments and beta-testing

As you may have seen I splited the old sticky thread about ExtROM unlocking and made this new one, to avoid confussion on new people.

Now to your questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goestoeleven

Is this unlocker easily reversible (translation: how does one lock again)?

It's just a registry hack (see the cab file is just 4kb), very easy to hide/lock again. I will post instructions on the wiki later, so it can be integrated on the next version of fit4cat hermes tweaker too

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomanxda

pof let me get this right, it is now possible to unlock the extended rom with bootloader 1.06 like the RUU_HER_Cingular_1.34.502.1_1.16.00.00_wwe_cws_shi p.exe

Yes it is posible to unlock the ExtROM on this ROM too, bootloader has nothing to do here... (this is an ExtROM unlocker, not a CID / SIM unlocker).
21st November 2006, 05:19 AM |#7  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I ran the v2 unlocker on my 8525 and can see the Extended ROM, but whenever I try to install programs to Extended ROM I get an error that they could not be installed.

Am I doing something wrong? I've done this a bunch on my Apache without any issues.
21st November 2006, 05:33 AM |#8  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
URPREY: I installed some programs on mine and it's working fine, i'm running cingular's 1.31 rom now, haven't tried with 1.34.

Try running the v2 CAB file again, make sure you power off the device for a while for the registry settings to keep, and then soft reset it, see if it works this time.
21st November 2006, 05:37 AM |#9  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I did do that pof

I doublechecked the registry keys, and they correspond to the LOCKED description in the wiki:

LOCKED:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Drivers\MSYSEXT
"Background"=0x0 (0)
"Foreground"=0x0 (0)

When I looked at setup.xml in the cab file, it appears that those are the values specified? Is that the correct value or should they be changed to something different to unlock?
21st November 2006, 06:13 AM |#10  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Yes, this is how it should be... the registry keys on the wiki are still not updated, the info there is from the old cab. Can you try to install the old cab first, and then the new one? tell me if it works this way
21st November 2006, 06:32 AM |#11  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Unhappy
Hi pof,

I had used this on RUU_HER_ChungHwa_1.25.751.4_1.07.03.10_CHT_SHIP, but it seems doesn't work, it can unhidden the Extended ROM, but can't unlock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)