FORUMS

Printing via Blue Tooth from device

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Digs, Senior Member on 11th December 2006, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
HI,

With my device, see below, I wish to print to a printer. A4

I wish to do this via blue tooth connection.

Please advise..
- Do I need software to do this on the device for Wm5 ? If so who provides this ?
- Can you recommend a nice compact ( small ) printer brand or model that will do this for me. One I can take with me on travel and plug into a wall.

Also it would be good if the printer has USB from device to printer as well as a back up.

Please advise thanks
14th December 2006, 08:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well after much frustration this is my story. I wish to print from device directly to printer formated MS Office documents rec'd by email attachments.

Firstly...
Printers choice >> ip90 Canon or the HP Deskjet 460wbt
I found this link say HP 460 performs better and longer.
http://www.hp.com/sbso/expert/compet...canon_ip90.pdf
Canon has a high demand on ink, and a lower dpi for text printing. What is more important you need software for device that supports the print and works.
Both www.amazon.com and www.cnet.com say ip90 is a better printer, but this is for notebooks and not PPC.

I purchased the HP Deskjet 460 with BT device. Set up on Com8 port for bluetooth, they dont tell you this.

Secondly, software selections
PrintBoy >> www.bachmannsoftware.com
ClearVue Suite ( Full version ) >> www.westtek.com

Testing printing on rec'd email word doc attachments with plenty of neat formats and graphics.

Thirdly my testing
PrintBoy
Did not print the word doc at all < I found out the reason why, as PrintBoy does not support print tables on a word doc, so PrintBoy is not 100% capable of printing word docs > , but it did print stuff that was very plain like text files. It has documentation to say the HP printer has been tested and confirmed to work. ip90 print not so confident. see here printer matrix for printboy here >> http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/PrinterMatrixWEB.pdf
ClearVue Suite prints native MS office files ( xls, doc, ppt) not WM5 pocket word or doc files. And it prints them very well. Prints them from email and device ok. But this software will not print plain text files. So you need both if you want full print functionality.

I did not consider ActivePrint as I wanted to print directly from device to printer without the need for a desktop pc. I am still looking at PIEprint and others ( ie http://www.fieldsoftware.com/default.htm ).

Hope this helps !
15th December 2006, 01:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a WM5 device (Mitac Mio a701). I just pair it w/ bt printer (an hp 450 deskjet w/ the compact flash BT card) and i can just print, no need for extra software. It's been a while, but you either select print, or send the file.
Regards,
Jason
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)