FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SB X01HT shiped after December was unlocked!

692 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Asukal, Senior Member on 23rd December 2006, 08:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2006, 03:24 AM |#51  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtotter

a telestra shop in sydney did not check validation of my identification... who does?

(you know softbank is not a bank, right?)

Sorry thats incorrect; for you to enter into a contract where you are provided a phone as part of the contract they will always check ID and do a full credit check on you. I know this to be fact.

If you are purchasing a phone outright, things are different.

26th December 2006, 03:34 AM |#52  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBaker

Sorry thats incorrect; for you to enter into a contract where you are provided a phone as part of the contract they will always check ID and do a full credit check on you. I know this to be fact.

If you are purchasing a phone outright, things are different.

sorry, it was my misunderstanding. i see what you mean now. i had my unlocked phone with me. my contract was not involved with getting a phone.
26th December 2006, 07:15 AM |#53  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal

but not only cose of this,

as POF tald technical problems in that.
first, we have to finish fixing that,

Problems
@No GPRS in my radio,
@Flashed this radio, then you can not flash any rom on the X01HT.
Once you flashed another rom after unlock with this,
Stuck in Bootloader and can not boot.

Then,,,,,

THEN is the same old story, wiritten from a famous ancient latin, about about the Fox and the Grape. The story ends.
Vulpes alta in vinea stabat uvam:" Nondum matura est, nolo acerbam sumere" .....

Translation
The Fox wants to show how smart he is and tell to everyone he discovered how to stole the grape. But the farmer modified the grape supports and he just understand how high they are. Then he says to all animals arrived do see him stoling the grape:
"Oh, it still isn't done, I do not want to eat it sour" and moved away (FEDRO)

The same old story: SB X01HT shipped after December was unlocked? NONDUM MATURA EST! :)

I agree with POF simple statement "we are experiencing technical problems..." translation "the grape is taller then we were expected!"
Here we (AND HTC PEOPLE TOO) learn by reverse engineeering , testing, bricking our devices mostly AT OUR EXPENCES. That's how they improve security, stability, usability,... as always happened.
Don't worry, they have very large shoulders and don't even imagine you can change anything in the japanese market. Or... may be you can do something: MAY BE YOU HELP HTC AND SB TO START THE BRAIN BEFORE STARTING MARKETING STRATEGY!
26th December 2006, 08:50 AM |#54  

More
Wow, an unlocker for v1.09?
Personally, I would be worried to release an unlocker for v1.09. I think I would release it on one of those Chinese boards or something, some way where I couldn't be tracked. I think it would be a bad move to release it on xda-developers.com, I wouldn't want to be sued by Softbank for infringing on something or some crap...... It wouldn't be worth it, naw just release it on some obscure board somewhere sometime.. and no one will ever know where it came from, what do we care about a business model? What do we care about if Softbank doesn't want us to unlock our phones? It doesn't matter to us! I do find it a little worrysome that imei-check hasn't released an update for this problem and they are probablly worried about softbank sueing their asses off.. comming from a business owner myself, I would be worried about that too.... there is no way I would release a crack like that on a board like this, it woulnd't benefit anything, I would release it on some obscure board somewhere, and it would spread nicely in time..... anyways.. Askual, you da man, cheeres to you Pof.. pritty cool stuff.

-Joe.
26th December 2006, 11:34 AM |#55  
TYO
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just catch this thread and, well a lot has been said, and the thing that I will continue to do after all my years here in Japan is to fight as much as I can this corrupted Teclo Systems... you cannot imagine HOW client are CHEATED in Japan when it comes to fees, services, quality of network... Japan is one of the most expensive country in the world when it comes to telecommunication.

I understand that Askual, had certainly received some worried email from either HTC Japan (The few contacts I had with them was pretty bad, especially toward a News Publication comp like mine, basically... they don't give a XXX to U if you are not AU, DoCoMo or SB) or softbank... in order to shutdown what he was on... Remember unlocking a Phone in Japan is ILLEGAL, several store owners has been sued for that... So we have nothing to say against Askual and we shall respect his action and remember is work on the localization of the X01HT into English.

If all of you have something to say in order to release your stress, please do like I do, take your pen, or call SoftBank / HTC to tell them how much you are unhappy with what they provide to their client and yourself. Also evangelize Japanese people by telling them how in the US, EUR, AU... how things work, like being able to freely change your mobile phone to any operator, to have unlocked phone or being able to unlock them easily, how amazingly cheaper are communication overseas... Things will change in Japan when Japanese will start to learn how things work overseas...
26th December 2006, 11:48 AM |#56  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimaou

Remember unlocking a Phone in Japan is ILLEGAL, several store owners has been sued for that...

this is not true. unlocking is NOT illegal in japan.

what is the connection between unlocking a phone and lowering cost of mobile telecommunication?
26th December 2006, 11:56 AM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtotter

this is not true. unlocking is NOT illegal in japan.

This thread would tend to indicate otherwise: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-275172.html

Perhaps only selling the service is illegal??
26th December 2006, 12:19 PM |#58  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schpork

This thread would tend to indicate otherwise: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-275172.html

Perhaps only selling the service is illegal??

japanese careers might want to give us an impression that unlocking a phone is illegal in japan, and they might use political power to shut down those unlockers' business for some little legal issues (not for unlocking) to protect their business models. but unlocking a phone is not illegal.

awhile ago, a shop which was selling unlocked phones got investigated by police and the owner got arrested. but the charge was violating trademark right, not unlocking phone.

if you can read japanese;
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/shamil/20060914/1158176553
26th December 2006, 12:31 PM |#59  

More
I think it is a fair trade. The telecom in japan provide this promotion plan. The customer pay the fee and get the phone. It is a fair trade. However, we just hope we can use the phone in other channel. We already pay the phone. Haha.....I wish POF and Asukal can press the material ASAP. Because I have bought the phone and can't use it for 2 weeks.....
26th December 2006, 12:34 PM |#60  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wai Wai

I think it is a fair trade. The telecom in japan provide this promotion plan. The customer pay the fee and get the phone. It is a fair trade. However, we just hope we can use the phone in other channel. We already pay the phone. Haha.....I wish POF and Asukal can press the material ASAP. Because I have bought the phone and can't use it for 2 weeks.....

why did you buy a phone you cannot even use in the first place?? hope you understand the real meaning of the word "fair trade" if you got it outside of japan since it is NOT officially exported. it is sold to be used ONLY under a contract with softbank.

if you got it outside of japan, your money went not to softbank but to some sucker. hope you understand your situation....
26th December 2006, 03:56 PM |#61  

More
I didn't buy my htc hermes... it was free "campain"
Well, I guess.... it's as simple as this... Askual made an unlocker with Pof, it's their unlocker, they can do whatever the frick they want to do with their unlocker because.... well because they made it. It's as simple as that. Also, I guess I can't complain, my Hermes is already unlocked, flashed, cooked and mashed and I have no plans to upgrade my rom.... ever... hehehehe.. Anyways, good night.. end of discussion... I feel bad for Askual and Pof cuz they have to put up with people mailing them with their problems and stuff. Anyways, thanks Askual for the MUI, I plan on using it if no password comes out for the open.softbank connection. Take care my friends.. and don't worry about this, if Askual has found a way to unlock the hermes, then someone else will to, might take a year or two, but someone else might too! hehehhe.. NIGHT!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)