[Q&A] [CWM] [Root] Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [CWM] [Root] Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Illiyeen

Oct 13, 2014
Rooting Problem

To boot into CWM recovery, turn off your phone complete, then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Home + Power Key, Let me know if it works or not :)

dude it not work on my device can u provide real rooting files that support my Star pro:(

atheeqdemogorgon

Oct 17, 2014
bro boot file plz

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

bro plz need boot file ur talking about

hy5saleem

Oct 25, 2014
Unable to root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262

Hey There,

I have tried almost all possible ways to root my Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 , nothing seems to be working. I have stock ROM 4.1.2, Baseband s7262xxuanf1 with stock recovery. Plz refer attached pic for detailed info like kernel and baseband version etc. And i have proper drivers, I am very sure its not about the drivers.

1) Tried around 8 - 10 one click root software, like Unlock root, Kingo, Vroot, SRS root, One click root, rescue root, etc. But all failed.

2)Tried flashing custom recovery CWM for S6272 from various sources using Odin, dint work. Because when ever the phone reboots after the flash it reloads stock recovery. And if i try going to recovery without letting reboot it gives a white screen. And my stock recovery doesn't have the option of updating .zip from SD card.

3) Tried rooting using SU update with ADB from stock recovery by ADB updated. And in this case Signature varification fails.

4) Tried Towel method this doesn't work too.

PS- I dont care which recovery i end up with, i just want it to be rooted..

hy5saleem

Oct 25, 2014
Root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262

Hey There,

I have tried almost all possible ways to root my Samsung Galaxy Star Pro Duos GT-S7262 , nothing seems to be working. I have stock ROM 4.1.2, Baseband s7262xxuanf1 with stock recovery. Plz refer attached pic for detailed info like kernel and baseband version etc. And i have proper drivers, I am very sure its not about the drivers.

1) Tried around 8 - 10 one click root software, like Unlock root, Kingo, Vroot, SRS root, One click root, rescue root, etc. But all failed.

2)Tried flashing custom recovery CWM for S6272 from various sources using Odin, dint work. Because when ever the phone reboots after the flash it reloads stock recovery. And if i try going to recovery without letting reboot it gives a white screen. And my stock recovery doesn't have the option of updating .zip from SD card.

3) Tried rooting using SU update with ADB from stock recovery by ADB updated. And in this case Signature varification fails.

4) Tried Towel method this doesn't work too.

PS- I dont care which recovery i end up with, i just want it to be rooted..

raviindia

Oct 29, 2014
Delhi
not work for GT-S7262 root process from CWM

this thing not work for me from CWM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550048

Dec 27, 2014
Nothing works for me. I've tried everything. starting from different combinations of physical buttons.please help me to open my samsung galaxy star pro into CWM recovery mode and keep it in simple words coz m no pro at rooting devices.. Quick help will be appreciated

Feb 10, 2015
patiala
i can't go to cwm recovery mode

How can i root my mobile ssung start pro 7262 i can do all process bt i can't go to cwm recovery mode so plz hlp how can i go to cwm recovery mode

songs354

Feb 19, 2015
guwahati
Redmi Note 10 Pro
How can i root my mobile ssung start pro 7262 i can do all process bt i can't go to cwm recovery mode so plz hlp how can i go to cwm recovery mode

same here btw...I have an old star pro duos gt s7262...I did everything I could...it flashes the file through Odin which is a piece of cake...but can't get into cwm recovery...I don't know what's wrong....where as I have a moto g 1st gen...I flashed my moto g...I flashed cm12 and everything's running smooth and great....no issues !
I even admit this, that those steps were much tougher than this so called "Odin..."
the main thing is that...I did everything I could but can't get into cwm recovery mode...it only shows the stock recovery :(
I even tried to root my device through cydia impactor but it says signature bugs unavailable....

Last edited:

songs354

Feb 19, 2015
guwahati
Redmi Note 10 Pro
SOLVED !!!

hey pal I've found a solution for this :)
just download this firmware and flash it through Odin...its pre rooted...you just need to extract and flash this firmware....just search the web "S7262 Root Firmware" but make sure to turn on the usb debugging mode and to install the latest Samsung usb driver which is Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones 1.5.45.0 (July 2014) before flashing !
After flashing the firmware just search for the supersu app in app drawer :)
and finally extract and flash cwm recovery....works like a charm ! :)

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 152

.::THE ROCK::.

Apr 12, 2015
Samsung s7262 root working fix white screen

My big problem solved your link
many root try other link but screen white show

Suraj joshi

Apr 18, 2015
couldn't root this bloody phone can u tell me how you did mail me here kingsuraj31@gmail.com after long tries also am unable to plz help me

songs354

Feb 19, 2015
guwahati
Redmi Note 10 Pro
couldn't root this bloody phone can u tell me how you did mail me here kingsuraj31@gmail.com after long tries also am unable to plz help me

its okay you will be able to flash that pre rooted firmware just follow this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXHTeUGbfU

1. Enter your phone into Download Mode by pressing ( Volume down key + Home key + Power key ).
2. Open Odin.
3. Download this file http://goo.gl/HNDNkh and extract it.
4. Put the file in the PDA and press start.
5. After flashing completes the phone will restart.
6. Open the SuperSu app and press (Continue) its normal
7. The phone is now rooted

This isn't my firmware and i'm not the developer so do it at your own risk

I did and I succeeded...

Pre rooted firmware: http://goo.gl/HNDNkh
Odin: http://goo.gl/0Xdr55

ry4761

May 19, 2015
i want to root samsung galaxy star pro s7262 but not successing

i had tried everything vroot,one touch root,cwm method but not rooted..

songs354

Feb 19, 2015
guwahati
Redmi Note 10 Pro

you will be able to flash that pre rooted firmware just follow this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXHTeUGbfU

1. Enter your phone into Download Mode by pressing ( Volume down key + Home key + Power key ).
2. Open Odin.
3. Download this file http://goo.gl/HNDNkh and extract it. ( its pre rooted firmware )
4. Put the file in the PDA and press start.
5. After flashing completes the phone will restart.
6. Open the SuperSu app and press (Continue) normal
7. The phone is now rooted

Odin: http://goo.gl/0Xdr55

hope this helps....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can this methods be used for Samsung galaxy star plus .. Does galaxy plus and pro have same methods of rooting

yes it can, through odin...but the frimware of the device is diferrent so you have to download the proper firmware of your device...and then your all good to go...