FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did the unlocker work for you?

Yes, perfectly!

1,245 Vote(s)
81.05%
No, but I didn't read the thread.

291 Vote(s)
18.95%

Free HTC Hermes SIM & CID Unlocker *New* version v3a

3,571 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

Post Reply Email Thread
This is a patched radio ROM that can be used to remove the Operator SIM lock and CID lock from HTC Hermes based telephones. This new version also includes HardSPL patched bootloader to show always as SuperCID and allow to flash unsigned code.

It can be used in all HTC Hermes devices, no matter which bootloader version the device is running.
NOTE: For x01ht post April devices, see this thread.

Disclaimer:
This is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

http://pof.eslack.org/hermes-unlocker/

Install Instructions:
Easy auto-install Instructions:
  1. Unzip unlocker and run AUTO_Unlock_v3a.bat

If you don't want to install automatically, or for some reason the process doesn't work for you, read the file Instructions.txt.

Thanks to:
  • buzz_lightyear, itsme, vijay555, arc, Asukal, machinagod, esteve - for the wise advice and support
  • Des and Olipro - for SSPL and HardSPL, everybody praise them!
  • everyone else in xda-developers.com

History:
v3a [03-04-2007] - New RUU will make sure HardSPL-1.40 is installed before flashing the radio
Now the unlocking process is faster & safer
Fixed bug where IPL was downgraded to 1.00
v3 [11-02-2007] - Herm_Unlock_v3.exe now allows you to select SIM / CID unlock separately
Thanks to SSPL it can be used in all bootloader versions
Patched radio is now provided in NBH format
It keeps the current bootloader on phone (does not downgrade SPL).
v2a [14-11-2006] - bugfix release, thanks to all who reported the problems!
(hopefully) fixed bug where unlock code has to be entered manually
(hopefully) fixed bug where SuperCID was not kept after rom upgrades in some cases
v2 [12-11-2006] - updated to patched radio 1.16
unlocking software provided (HERM_Unlock_v2.exe): thanks buzz for the source of UNI_Unlock_v1 ;)
SuperCID is now kept after rom upgrades :)
v1 [05-11-2006] - patched radio 1.13
unlock manually

Donations:
I spent some time and money developing this free unlocker, there's no need to pay me for that, but donations are always appreciated.

Download:
HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3a.zip
Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to pof For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pof Ad-Free

11th February 2007, 08:21 AM |#2  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
I closed the old version thread, it is still available here.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Will this void my warranty?
A: If you select the option to "CID unlock" most probably yes. Don't select it if you just want to remove the SIM-Lock, it will be CID unlocked anyway by HardSPL but will keep your original CID if you flash any other SPL on it.

Q: After unlocking my phone my Radio and SPL versions are downgraded. Can I upgrade them?
A: Yes, you can upgrade to a newer radio and newer SPL/HardSPL version. The phone will not be locked again.

Q: Will this work on Post Dec-2nd SoftBank X01HT phones?
A: Hopefully yes, but your OS ROM includes software SIMLock protection (the annoying USIM screen), you can flash a non-softbank OS rom after unlocking it or read the thread for other options if you want to keep the SoftBank ROM.

Q: Will this work on Post April (white) SoftBank X01HT phones?
Yes if you have not let the SoftBank ExtROM install, otherwise your radio bootloader has been upgraded to 0182 and it is not possible to flash a radio or remove the SIMLock.

Q: Will this work if my bootloader version is SPL-1.09?
A: Yes.

Q: Will this downgrade my bootloader to 1.04?
A: No, it will upgrade it to Hard-SPL 1.40 which is better. You can use Custom RUU to flash any ROM on it.

Q: Will this work if my radio bootloader is HTC_BOOT 0108?
A: Yes.

Q: Will it downgrade HTC_BOOT 0108 to 0107?
A: No, if you have 0108 it will keep 0108.

Q: Do I need to run the new version if I already used the older version previously?
A: No, your phone is already unlocked, no need to run unlocker again.

Q: After finishing the process it still asks for unlock code, what should I do?
A: Make sure you have radio version 1.16 and run Herm_Unlock_v3.exe on your phone and select unlock option. If entering any unlock code fails, please repeat the unlocking process again (you did something wrong the first time).
11th February 2007, 08:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would like to thank you for all the owner of Hermes which is not unlocked.Good work,pof!
11th February 2007, 08:25 AM |#4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi Pof,

download link for the local ftp pointed to older 2a version. Typo, I guess.
11th February 2007, 08:28 AM |#5  

More
pof You gave necessary unlock v3?
see "HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3.zip" ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...Unlock_v2a.zip
11th February 2007, 08:29 AM |#6  

More
It just had been corrected.I guess pof had not finished uploading just now.
Please see ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Hermes/..._Unlock_v3.zip
11th February 2007, 08:35 AM |#7  
OP Retired Moderator
Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Yes guys sorry for the wrong download link, it has now been fixed
11th February 2007, 08:44 AM |#8  

More
Pof that was amazing.. i'm really impressed Thank You!
11th February 2007, 09:00 AM |#9  

More
thanks pof for your great worked..superb..i have waiting for a long time ago for this new solution..
11th February 2007, 09:04 AM |#10  
pakistan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi

Thanks to POF. what a conincident. i have test the first unlocker on the same day as pof posted and today again just had one piece and tested it. every thing went ok.
Br
11th February 2007, 09:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Incredible! Pof, would you mind sharing on how you succeeded? I was very interested in the approach directly jumping into bootloader and so on. So explaining the other developers what and how you did is appreciated :)

Ok, explaining should happen here. But I'm still very thirsty for information. :D

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #ffffcc; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, "Lucida Grande", Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)