FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[new release] RunEveryday - Updated to v1.1

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Heimiko, Senior Member on 19th February 2007, 02:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The missing Task Scheduler known from Windows XP!

RunEveryday 1.1 is done! It has:

1) a GUI, easily manage your scheduled tasks
2) Improved notification re-scheduler (old one proved to be kind of buggy)
3) Optionally force device to wakeup (as some programs need this to operate properly)
4) Under the hood, much improved code, easier bug fixing & updates in the future

no more need to use another program to setup the parameters etc. etc, just startup the app without any parameters, and you will be presented with a config dialog. in addition, you should remove any old entries within the notification database before using this new one (they are incompatible).

Everything should wotk MUCH better with this one. but still a few known issues:

1) When changing the system date, and you skip over a day, RunEveryday will get out of sync and stops working propperly. Work around: Start RunEveryday, and without changing anything, press the "Apply" button. this will correct all time/date stamps in the notification database.

2) For now, there can't be any spaces within the filename. Spaces within the directory name are oke though. THis is because I needed to seperate the Full path file name with any command line options, otherwise CreateProcess wouldn't work propperly. (Will be fixed in next version)

3) Keyboard doesn't popup when trying to enter text in the Command line. Workaround: select other program which has keyboard support first, then open RunEveryday, so you can openup the SIP yourself. This will be fixed in next version.

Compatibility: WM2003, WM5, WM6, QVGA, VGA and Square (240x240). in Other words: all recent devices :)

That's it! if there's any additional problems, I'd like to hear about them.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Text Below is outdated

Older version 1.0 usage:

A command driven app that will maintain itself within the notification database which will execute its params as a program.

for example, run:

\Program Files\RunEveryday.exe \Windows\prog.exe anyparams

this will basically execute \Windows\prog.exe anyparams
but it will register to start the same app with same params again in 24 hours, when it runs next time, it will delete the entry, and schedule again in another 24 hours, and so forth.

With an application like TaskMan you can easily see the notification entry this prog makes, and change it's time-schedule. (in other words, manage this app)
Also, creating a new entry with TaskMan, is really simple, make a CNT_TIME event, point it to RunEveryday.exe, and the application to run as it's params, and it's all set!

// Text Above is outdated
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My personal usage:

I have a task running every day at 23:00 -> turn radio off (with Vijay's app)
and a task in the morning 09:30 -> turn radio back on

But ofcorse you can use it for many other things! be creative!

Update to v1.1: Some people reported that they couldn't run the app because of some missing libraries. This probabbly goes for most of you WM2003 users: You need a static linked version, which I now have included below. Also, if you happen to get a message like "Cannot find ‘RunEveryday’ (or one of its components)", please try using the static linked version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RunEveryday.jpg
Views:	4279
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	34813  
Attached Files
File Type: zip RunEveryday 1.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (16.6 KB, 2828 views)
File Type: zip RunEveryday v1.1 Static Linked.zip - [Click for QR Code] (55.6 KB, 1618 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Heimiko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heimiko Ad-Free

19th February 2007, 02:11 PM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Flag Devon, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

More
nnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeee.. very niiiicccceee. Nicest thing that happened after the sad sad removal of ROMs... I'm soooo *touched..

UPDATE: Btw, an idea, for your next upgrade.. that is to add a day-of-the-week scheduling feature that is able to schedule events on days as well. Example, I may want to switch off my phone at 23:00 everyday. However, if I may went on partying late at night on Friday and Saturday. Hence, my job of "switch radio off at 23:00" can be programmed to be used on Sun-Thur only. And I can then add another job that "switch radio off at 02:00", to be performed on Sat and Sun only, just to make sure my phone won't switch off when I'm out partying on Friday and Sat night.
19th February 2007, 02:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
Thanks ;)

And ohw, I meant TaskMgr, found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104

Edit: Works really great with mortscript's. Lots of possibilities.
19th February 2007, 04:15 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmin

UPDATE: Btw, an idea, for your next upgrade.. that is to add a day-of-the-week scheduling feature that is able to schedule events on days as well. Example, I may want to switch off my phone at 23:00 everyday. However, if I may went on partying late at night on Friday and Saturday. Hence, my job of "switch radio off at 23:00" can be programmed to be used on Sun-Thur only. And I can then add another job that "switch radio off at 02:00", to be performed on Sat and Sun only, just to make sure my phone won't switch off when I'm out partying on Friday and Sat night.

I was actualy thinking about that, but that's making things more complicated. Right now, it's fairly simple. no config dialogs requiered etc etc, as you can have multiple apps at different times, which you might want to run at different days of the week, config wise it gets more complicated, much more coding. Maybe later, if I really need it, I'll make something like it, otherwise, this will have to do (sorry). I'm simply sharing some code that I wrote since I needed it myself ;)

Edit: oke oke, maybe I'll make a "RunEveryWorkDay" variant (still no config required) Not much code writing, will post it here later on, as soon as I have some time on my hands to make a few adjustments.
19th February 2007, 05:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
Okey, I had a little time (kind of quick, haha)
Rather then having a different EXE handling workday events, I made on which is more dynamic.

Example 1, Run only on work days (monday through friday)

\Program Files\RunEveryday.exe OXXXXXO \Windows\prog.exe anyparams

So the string "OXXXXXO \Windows\prog.exe anyparams" becomes the complete param for RunEveryday.exe
As you can see, the first block of the params has become the days for which you want it to be active, X's x's 1's are for active, O's o's 0's for days to be disabled. Days are represented in following order: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wen, Thu, Fri, Sat.

You can still simply omit those days, and it'll work as previously (ALL days):

\Program Files\RunEveryday.exe \Windows\prog.exe anyparams

Everything is still untested (in this latest release) so it might not work propperly. So if you encounter a problem -> tell me and I'll fix it.
1st March 2007, 02:29 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
I'm working on a much improved version. It will have:

1) a GUI, easily manage your scheduled tasks
2) Improved notification re-scheduler (old one proved to be kind of buggy)
3) Optionally force device to wakeup (as some programs need this to operate properly)
4) Under the hood, much improved code, easier bug fixing & updates in the future

Expect it to be released in the next couple of days (will post it here)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RunEveryday.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	34737  
2nd March 2007, 05:22 PM |#7  
NY

More
Nice app. Im going to give it a try now
2nd March 2007, 06:05 PM |#8  
NY

More
Is Taskman the only app that can set the time?? Can Memmaid be used?
2nd March 2007, 07:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
Everyone who has downloaded and tried the initial release, please download the new one, as it contains critical bug fixes.
2nd March 2007, 07:46 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hilversum

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeyayo50

Is Taskman the only app that can set the time?? Can Memmaid be used?

See the first message in this thread, any other programs like Taskman or memmaid are no longer needed, RunEveryday is now a self-contained program with it's own user interface.
4th March 2007, 02:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thanks, this looks very useful, I also wanted an app to turn the radio on/off at scheduled times, Just need to find the VJ apps you use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)