[Q&A] [ROM-AOSP][Official] CM11 Nightlies - By Dhacker29

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM-AOSP][Official] CM11 Nightlies - By Dhacker29

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM-AOSP][Official] CM11 Nightlies - By Dhacker29. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

5GHz

Since I cannot seem to find information anywhere... what's the state of 5GHz on the bionic? In the advanced options it appears to be available, but in M12 its still not functioning. Did they get it up and working on late revisions? Can the driver be pulled from other phones? Supposedly there is a working driver for Gingerbread here but can the work be migrated?
I know the reasoning was that it interfered with some cellular signals, but with those bands unused I dont see why it shouldnt be available. With 40MHz set on my router on channel 11 it still only gets 30Mb/s over 2.4GHz. Best result I've ever managed but I assume I can do better.