[Q&A] [04.12.2012][ICS/JB]Universal Rooting for most phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

[Q&A] [04.12.2012][ICS/JB]Universal Rooting for most phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6

Q&A for [04.12.2012][ICS/JB]Universal Rooting for most phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [04.12.2012][ICS/JB]Universal Rooting for most phones, Any ROM, now with CWM6. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

nathan925

Dec 13, 2014
Hello, n00b post.
I'm attempting to root my phone using the following method. I've flashed my phone in recovery using odin and philz xwlsy md5 file. What do I need to do next? I'm attempting the following method..

Odin packages instructions: ready for rootThey come in the form of .tar.md5 fileboot into download modestart odin3 and configure it as in picture belowconnect phone in download mode to PC via USBpress start to flash the tar.md5 packageto root, download the root file from here (Method 1) :*http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1746794

For most (if not all?) ICS phones having a CWM image atClockworkmod*site:Quote:Download attached*cwm-touch-6.0.x.x-i9100.zipfor the i9100 Galaxy S2.*This is the touch version but it also works with volume up/down keys and power button to select menu.CWM6 is now thought to be probably safe for wipe, no superbrick risks under ICS 4.0.4:*read more hereI also attached the cwm6 non touch version and the*recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-galaxys2.zip. CWM4 is also confirmed to be safe for wipe byEntropy512*Recognized DeveloperFor other phones, download the cwm image from here*http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager.Put the previously downloaded*cwm-touch-6.0.x.x-i9100.zip*file on your*external*sd cardDownload the attached root file you want as per instructions aboveI advise Chainfire SuperSU for 2 reasons: it lets you unroot from within superSU application and it lets you migrate to ChainsDD superuser if you like laterCopy the*Root_XXX.zip*file you downloaded tointernal or external*sd cardBoot into stock recovery*(volume up+home+power), and select*"apply update from external storage". Now select the*cwm-touch-6.x.x.x-i9100.zip*file you copied in previous step (this step gives a temporary flash that will disappear after reboot)You get CWM recovery interface (this custom recovery is temporary, not permanent)Inside CWM, select*"install zip from sdcard". Then, select*"choose zip from sdcard". Now, scroll down to the*"Root_XXX.zip"*file and hit power button to install it.It will add SuperSU or Supe

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

So im guessing I use philZ md5 file then boot from the cwm into the root file? Via internal sd ? Is there an easy way without the sd? Thanks

mobnoob

Dec 25, 2014
LG G3
Lenovo P2
Sorry everyone if my question looks noob,
I'm confused about what method is best suitable for my phone.
I want to root so to have full access and make a backup before upgrading to stock rom 4.1.2.
My phone: Samsung S2 GT-I9100 international, stock rom 4.0.4
What information do you need?
I think that I got all information about my phone but the whole bunch of numbers confuse and scare me a bit.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: even more confused now since my questions didn't appear into the related thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/04-12-2012-universal-rooting-phones-rom-t1746794/page64

Last edited:

oxidehaxs

Jul 14, 2014
xda portal sucks balls

look this ****ing crap on the side is pissing me off i cant see what people typed behind it how the **** i **** it off for good or do i just block the **** through element or veiw source worsest **** i have ever seen mnakes me not wont to research on this site plzz help me

liverhook

Aug 7, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
rooted OneTouch918D

Hello,
I've rooted the mentioned phone with 'Kingo-Root', which said successfull and installed a 'Superuser'-App.
Then I've installed ROM-Manager sucessfully, but in the recovery mode there is no option 'install zip from SD-card'.
I also can't install custom ROMs, which I found with your website (for example 'deep ROM -zip'). It says 'signature failure...'.
Have I choosen th wrong rooting method, or have I to combine it which other steps afterwards?
I also don't find a cyanogenmod version to install for this phone.
I finally want to get full access and control over all permissions (aim is xprivacy or so), so to ocnfigure every app for my own.
What can you advice me?