FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Make NEW SoftBank AP setting on ANY Hermes ROM W/O cooking!

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By itamae, Junior Member on 16th March 2007, 07:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After I posted ROM-cooking method to create new SoftBank flat-rate data connection, another Japanese X01HT user has found more easier way today.
I would like to introduce new method with respect for his great work...

Now you DON'T need ROM cooking!

Step 1. Unzip the attached file, and run either ConnSBM.CAB or ConnSBM_noproxy.CAB for your purpose.
  • ConnSBM.CAB: make a connection, overwrite WirelessMgr_Service.dll and enable hidden proxy (webopen.softbank.ne.jp:8080), it is fully compatible as X01HT's standard connection.
  • ConnSBM_noproxy.CAB: just make a connection (no WirelessMgr_Service.dll and hidden proxy installation).
  • The connection will be created, however password entry is still empty at this moment.
Step 2. Run ORE2cert.cab (self-signature certificate for WIFIwake.exe).

Step 3. Copy Out.xml and WIFIwake.exe into \Windows folder.

Step 4. Just RUN WIFIwake.exe from \Windows.
  • The password will be created into the connection made by ConnSBM.CAB.
  • To confirm whether success or not, check the connection "Internet > SoftBank", and click "Edit -> Next -> Next". If "****************" is shown at the Password field, the password has been successfully created.
Enjoy!

EDIT: Updated WIFIwake.exe as self-signed version. I've prepared Hermes and Universal version separately (the difference is internal string for each model name). For Universal, at least I could have successfully made the connection on the DarkForce WM6 for Universal.
Download ConnSBM_ORE2h.zip (for Hermes X01HT) or ConnSBM_ORE2u.zip (for Universal JASJAR) and try it again if the password is still blank.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: It seems to depend on CID...
To make this operation correct on non-SuperCID device, it requires to edit internal device name and CID. The attached file for Hermes seems workable for X01HT(Model: HERM200/CID: VODAK801) or SuperCIDed HERM200 device only, and for Universal, also only for JASJAR (PU10/CDL__001) or SuperCIDed device.
If you cannot create PW, you need to edit CID (01C798h-01C7A7h) using Unicode or UTF-16 mode of binary editor (for non-HERM200 or PU10 device, Model [01C760h-01C76Fh] also), and sign yourself... However, if you burn them into your cooked ROM, it may works correctly without edit binary (I've successed on my JASJAR, using original WIFIwake.exe from X01HT).
You can determine your CID using info 2 command of mtty.exe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConnSBM_ORE2h.zip - [Click for QR Code] (114.8 KB, 4365 views)
File Type: zip ConnSBM_ORE2u.zip - [Click for QR Code] (114.8 KB, 2363 views)

16th March 2007, 09:24 AM |#2  
New York
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Too bad I alreday cooked mine...
16th March 2007, 10:33 AM |#3  

More
great!!
it's perfect work on my x01ht with wm6lvsw edition!!

thank you
16th March 2007, 01:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Talking WOW! Amazing! Beautiful!
Thank you so much! I love it!
16th March 2007, 02:12 PM |#5  

More
Will you understand the password?
Because it is necessary when using it from the personal computer as a
modem.
16th March 2007, 05:03 PM |#6  
Flag Tokyo

More
Doesn't work with Treo 750v
It seems this CAB utilize WiFi manager or something?
When I extracted the files from ZIP and executed the CAB, copy the Out.xml and WIFIwake.exe to \Windows folder and executed WIFIwake.exe, nothing happens. The connection Internet was created but the password is still blank.
17th March 2007, 05:01 AM |#7  

More
Password Not Made in My hTc Universal
Hi Itamae!
Very Very Good Job!!
But Dont Create Password in my Universal.Of course installing According to the procedure.
Please Help.

My Universal is 02 Xda Exec
ROM:2.10.04JPN
Radio:1.08
17th March 2007, 06:35 AM |#8  
Flag Okinawa
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Nice, I was messing around and the wifiwake will not put the password without the out.xml file but I was able to edit the text in the out.xml (which was about 300 letter As) and add some more random letters in there and it created it. Anyone think they can decompile the exe and look for the actual password?
19th March 2007, 01:52 PM |#9  

More
Thumbs up Succeeded New SoftBank AP!!
VeryVery Thanks Itamae!!
Exec ROM Changed SuperCID,I Succeess Created New AP.
21st March 2007, 09:57 PM |#10  
Flag Papua New Guinea

More
Not only Hermes JPN cross bow has came!
But also Soft bank connection in defualt!

go! go go!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=48
29th March 2007, 04:57 PM |#11  

More
wifi connection problems
i got problems connecting to my station after doing this sb round up....it says connected, but my internet explorer wont...the internet connects with the SB connection, but not with my wifi
please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)