FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TCPMP WMV9 Fix (Orb Fix)

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By doc_lee, Member on 16th March 2007, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some people are having issues getting WMV9 in TCPMP working with WM6, particularly those of us who are trying to use TCPMP with Orb and are getting a nasty WMV9/WMA9 not supported error. This is because WM6 includes newer versions of the WMV and WMA codecs, which are named differently than WM5's codecs. Orb does work with WMP Mobile 10 and Conduits Pocket Player, but the video is incredibly jerky for some reason which I haven't been able to nail down yet, and I doubt I'll look into the matter anymore now that this works.

The fix is simple...just drag the old WM5 codecs into your Windows/ directory and reinstall TCPMP. After that, you should be able to use TCPMP to watch your orb stream (Windows asx stream on Orb 2.0).

I've included the codecs here in this post. This fix was tested using the Most Beautiful ROM. Let me know if it works for the other ROMs.

Doc
Attached Files
File Type: zip WM5 WMV9 Codecs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (557.3 KB, 24285 views)

17th March 2007, 06:36 AM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thanks for the fix files!

Isn't Orb fricken awesome? Especially for free!!! www.orb.com
17th March 2007, 10:20 AM |#3  
Flag Malacca
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Funny, I just found out that I had this problem and here you are... thanks.. Just goes to show the powers of this forum..
11th April 2007, 12:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking Thanks!
Thank You! =)

Now I can watch my news streams again which the crap Windows Media "Player" couldn't play! I don't think you have to reinstall TCPMP though, I just copied the dll files and did a soft reset (probably necessary) and everything works. If only there was a way to stop the 0.81 TCPMP from switching to portrait mode on launch then everything would be perfect...

Edit: just noticed this was a Wizard forum. This fix works with Universal WM6 as well (Jwrightmcps Crossbow ROM Update 2.02.00 WWE).
21st June 2007, 01:24 AM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you very much doc_lee. I was going crazy trying to figure out why my TCPMP wasn't playing sound after I updated my Dash with WM6. Cheers!
21st June 2007, 06:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Great fix!, it works again!
no soft reset, no reinstall!

Thanks bro!
24th July 2007, 07:29 AM |#7  

More
oh thank you so much dude. it works now.
24th July 2007, 12:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks alot

now wma ,amv working with tcpmp without any problems.
29th July 2007, 10:01 AM |#9  

More
tcmp does not work with the buttons on a bluetooth a2dp headset, right ?
30th July 2007, 02:25 PM |#10  

More
This is great....thanks!
30th July 2007, 11:00 PM |#11  

More
sweeeeeeeeet, what a cooool job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! works great on my artemis with bb 3.7 WM6 ROM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)