[Q&A] [TOOL] WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One X

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [TOOL] WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One X

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [TOOL] WinDroid Universal Android Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One X. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Obelixer

Sep 20, 2013
The Hague
Motorola Moto G20
some weird issues

Tried this nice looking Windroid updated tool, i had some older version of this but that was not working :(
Now i have recently unlocked my HTC one X by hand but i cant get any ROM working on it any more.
unlocked it and succesfully installed CM11 on it.
this was working fine.
But i didnt like it so i went for MIUI Rom.
I got stuck at booting this MIUI even after pushing the extracted boot.img (like i had done before with the CM11)
at that moment ADB commands found my phone but at the second atempt and ever since no devices were found :(

Also tried the HTC usb driver package and some other usb drivers for mass storage but the only one not responding was the "ONE" in device manager.
So i found your tool. installed it, and it installed the neccesary drivers (joy+happiness)

Windroid found my phone but only after a long wait of minutes? and only in fastboot mode.
device manager stil complains about the "ONE" driver missing.

I tried Windroid and even tho its allready unlocked (it says so in the bootloader menu) i did try to unlock it again,
I saved the unlock code and used it again but nothing visual happend with the phone.
It should reboot but didnt. Windroid said OK etc.

Then i tried to flash the TWRP (i had CWM) just to see if that works and it did :).
now i tried to flash supersu but as soon as i click that it looses my device ?!

So how can i resolve the not finding the usb driver for the "ONE" part (mass storage + MY-HTC) work.
Should that specific driver not be implemented in this tool?
Could that be the culprit of this all?

Because at this point i cant install any rom, it all goes wrong at booting the rom (cm11 wont start anymore) miui hangs at choosing a language and acts like the digitizer is dead.
Done factory resets in between, wiped all 3 options at every start and finish, done the boot.img push options (when ADB worked and once with Windroid)
So something isnt perfect but what?
I would also like to get the Safety OFF so i wouldnt have to push boot.img in the future but somthing called firewater i think is discontinued.
perhaps you could implement that action into Windroid ?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. in the meantime ill try some other PC just in case...

TezzaBP

Apr 19, 2015
I love you

Sir/Madam, i absolutely love you, from the very bottom of my heart, I've tried to many times to flash a recovery onto my HTC One X+ and it's never worked, due to the regular logo coming up and then powering down whenever i try and get into the recovery, but your programme has finally made this work and now i can get into the recovery any time, now I can FINALLY get CyanogenMod 12. Thankyou <3

Reactions: Rapscallion16

Giovix92

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2015
Catanzaro, Italy
Hi, i have a little problem with your tool. When i open them in WinXP Pro SP3 (.NET Framework installed) it crashes... Should i use Win7 Ultimate for more compatibility?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love you

Sir/Madam, i absolutely love you, from the very bottom of my heart, I've tried to many times to flash a recovery onto my HTC One X+ and it's never worked, due to the regular logo coming up and then powering down whenever i try and get into the recovery, but your programme has finally made this work and now i can get into the recovery any time, now I can FINALLY get CyanogenMod 12. Thankyou <3