[Q&A] [KERNEL][N6] franco.Kernel - r1

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [KERNEL][N6] franco.Kernel - r1

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [KERNEL][N6] franco.Kernel - r1. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

TheySaidWhat?!

Dec 23, 2014
Franco Pre-r1 testing battery results from a one day period, was at home on wifi all day. 7h 22m 40s @ 2% using very similar settings that I used on the OnePlus One (vt_quad)

Edit:

Battery should be better since more changes were made to the kernel compared to the pre-r1 build I was using.

Hi, the 1st image shows 5.0.2 lollipop?! How did you get that please?

N5Erez

Dec 7, 2013
???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-29-13-37-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-13-37-54.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,824

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
does this kernel work on all phones, sprint att and such with stock roms or do i need a custom rom?
also, i am used to flashing roms and kernels on galaxy phones, so this is new to me. Is it the same process? Get into TWRP and install the zip? Or do i need to do a complete wipe? If i want to return back to stock for any reason, what will I have to then? Basically, im concerned with erasing my data.

Thanks

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Why are you using the old app? Update it. It's been out for a week now.

Hi, the 1st image shows 5.0.2 lollipop?! How did you get that please?
Update to a custom rom that uses 5.0.2.

does this kernel work on all phones, sprint att and such with stock roms or do i need a custom rom?
also, i am used to flashing roms and kernels on galaxy phones, so this is new to me. Is it the same process? Get into TWRP and install the zip? Or do i need to do a complete wipe? If i want to return back to stock for any reason, what will I have to then? Basically, im concerned with erasing my data.

Thanks
The kernel is universal, works for everything. Just flash the zip :) same process, boot into twrp and flash the kernel and then reboot.

It's as simple as that. If you want to return to stock then flash stock kernel zip, it's simple.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
For those of us running LS your home and multitasking buttons will disappear. You can use pie controls to counter this. Also your lock screen won't work it will just shown your home screen when you dt2w or press the power to wake the device. I don't use a lock code so this is what happens to me. I love Franco's kernels after using them on my Nexus 7 and I can't wait to use this one once the issues are fixed.

stas333

Feb 2, 2008

The kernel is universal, works for everything. Just flash the zip :) same process, boot into twrp and flash the kernel and then reboot.

It's as simple as that. If you want
to return to stock then flash stock kernel zip, it's simple.

Thank you. Whats the updating app eveyone talking about? Is it worth buying?

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Thank you. Whats the updating app eveyone talking about? Is it worth buying?
Franco kernel updater. It's the app that companions the kernel which let's you update the kernel with a click of a button as well as tweak settings of the kernel and change colors and have profiles etc.

It's 30 percent off right now. Is it worth buying? Of course, it's on sale and still holiday season.

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
Franco kernel updater. It's the app that companions the kernel which let's you update the kernel with a click of a button as well as tweak settings of the kernel and change colors and have profiles etc.

It's 30 percent off right now. Is it worth buying? Of course, it's on sale and still holiday season.

cool. Downloaded the app and within it i downlaoded the kernel. went into TWRP and installed the zip. lets see how things work now.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
cool. Downloaded the app and within it i downlaoded the kernel. went into TWRP and installed the zip. lets see how things work now.

You can flash the kernel with on click via the app. Its painless and awesome. If you haven't used the app before check out the options there are even ones to save previous kernels and per app settings. The app is worth every penny.

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
You can flash the kernel with on click via the app. Its painless and awesome. If you haven't used the app before check out the options there are even ones to save previous kernels and per app settings. The app is worth every penny.

thats nice to know, to bad i didnt make a backup of the original kernel. oh well.
another question. I selected the power saving mode, restarted the phone, and it wasnt highlighted anymore. Do i have to select one of the modes every time i reboot? Which mode is automatically selected after each reboot?

Last edited:

N5Erez

Dec 7, 2013

It's as simple as that. If you want to return to stock then flash stock kernel zip, it's simple.

Where do I download the latest version?

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
thats nice to know, to bad i didnt make a backup of the original kernel. oh well.
another question. I selected the power saving mode, restarted the phone, and it wasnt highlighted anymore. Do i have to select one of the modes every time i reboot? Which mode is automatically selected after each reboot?

It should automatically apply, I haven't used Franco's kernel in a while since I sold my Nexus 7 (2013) a few months ago. A lot has changed in the app since then. I would try some things and see what happens.

Reactions: stas333

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Okay thank you very much
I don't mean to be rude or anything but yeah. Piracy isn't something we endorse on xda, it's a app that was well thought out in terms of design and is updated quite frequently. Plus it's on sale!

You won't regret buying it for the convenience of flashing newer versions of the kernel.

Reactions: DomOctober

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right! I bought it and I made a smart buy! Thank you very much

Right! I bought it and I made a smart buy! Thank you very much

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Recommended settings kernel has the Nexus 6?
    It's obvious that you're pirating the app because the app isn't even called FKUBeta anymore. Buy the application and then your problems with the application will go away.

Also, stop saying ??? It adds nothing to the conversation

It should automatically apply, I haven't used Franco's kernel in a while since I sold my Nexus 7 (2013) a few months ago. A lot has changed in the app since then. I would try some things and see what happens.
    Okay thank you very much
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but yeah. Piracy isn't something we endorse on xda, it's a app that was well thought out in terms of design and is updated quite frequently. Plus it's on sale!

You won't regret buying it for the convenience of flashing newer versions of the kernel.

I'm rooted and decrypted with stock ROM. Can I try Franco kernel and eventually go back to stock? Is there a particular procedure to backup and restore the stock kernel?

{Nexus 6 - Tapatalk}

just flash stock kernel again if u want to go back.