FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Cingular Data Install cabs for your WM6 ROM

7,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,617

By MrDSL, Recognized Themer on 24th March 2007, 12:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Due to the obvious confusion with data settings and Cingular users I want to get this taken care of. I know theres a .cab floating around for this already but its already know that it doesn't store the username/password sometimes and it also seems to have a problem with some users keeping a exchange connection for whatever reason.

This has went much better then I thought and I would like to give a big thanks shogunmark and wpbear for making the .cabs for all of us to use. Much appreciated :)

I have at least loaded each of these up on a fresh WM6 ROM and they all seem to work fine so hopefully some more users will test them out.

The first download will load up the default Cingular MediaNet/ My ISP WAP MMS Settings and of course MediaNet will be the default.

The second download will load up The same settings except My ISP WAP will be the default connection instead of MediaNet

The third download is basicly the same as the second one but is for those who have the PDA data plan and want to use isp.cingular/ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM instead of wap.cingular/WAP@CINGULARGPRS

24th March 2007, 02:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Here's my first attempt trying to put this together. I got the makecab app from the following miscrosoft Website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310618)

Then I followed their directions from this website (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...y/msfp_8.mspx).

Let me know it works. No money required.

I hope it is worthwhile.
Attached Files
File Type: cab cingular.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 117 views)
24th March 2007, 02:46 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
Will work on this tonight and let everyone know..

thank you..
24th March 2007, 02:51 PM |#4  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL

Due to the obvious confusion with data settings and Cingular users I want to get this taken care of. I know theres a .cab floating around for this already but its already know that it doesn't store the username/password sometimes and it also seems to have a problem with some users keeping a exchange connection for whatever reason.

So since I am tired of entering in my data settings manually all the time I am willing to pay someone who has a .cab maker program to do it for me and I will test it on all the WM6 ROM's I can and share with everyone on here.

Below are the settings directly from the .xml file and not pulled from someones registry so they should work.

I think $15 via paypal seems fair so just pm me.

Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic type="CM_Networks">
        <characteristic type="MEdia Net">
            <parm name="DestId" value="{97626DCF-818F-4be1-AC7E-77DA1B01F145}" />
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>

<characteristic type="CM_GPRSEntries">
        <characteristic type="MEdia Net">
            <parm name="DestId" value="{97626DCF-818F-4be1-AC7E-77DA1B01F145}" />
            <parm name="Enabled" value="1" />
            <parm name="UserName" value="WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" />
            <parm name="Password" value="CINGULAR1" />
            <characteristic type="DevSpecificCellular">
                <parm name="GPRSInfoAccessPointName" value="wap.cingular" />
            </characteristic>
        </characteristic>
        <characteristic type="My ISP GPRS">
            <parm name="DestId" value="{ADB0B001-10B5-3F39-27C6-9742E785FCD4}" />
            <parm name="Enabled" value="1" />
            <parm name="UserName" value="WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" />
            <parm name="Password" value="CINGULAR1" />
            <characteristic type="DevSpecificCellular">
                <parm name="GPRSInfoProtocolType" value="2" />
                <parm name="GPRSInfoL2ProtocolType" value="PPP" />
                <parm name="GPRSInfoAccessPointName" value="isp.cingular" />

</characteristic>
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
    <nocharacteristic type="CM_ProxyEntries"/>
    <characteristic type="CM_ProxyEntries">
        <characteristic type="HTTP-{97626DCF-818F-4be1-AC7E-77DA1B01F145}">
            <parm name="SrcId" value="{97626DCF-818F-4be1-AC7E-77DA1B01F145}" />
            <parm name="DestId" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}" />
            <parm name="Proxy" value="new-inet:1159" />
            <parm name="Type" value="0" />
            <parm name="Enable" value="1" />
        </characteristic>

<characteristic type="HTTP-{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}">
            <parm name="SrcId" value="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"/>
            <parm name="DestId" value="{7022E968-5A97-4051-BC1C-C578E2FBA5D9}"/>
            <parm name="Proxy" value="wireless.cingular.com:80"/>
            <parm name="Enable" value="1"/>
            <parm name="Type" value="1"/>
        </characteristic>

<characteristic type="null-corp-{18AD9FBD-F716-ACB6-FD8A-1965DB95B814}">
            <parm name="SrcId"  value="{18AD9FBD-F716-ACB6-FD8A-1965DB95B814}"/>
            <parm name="DestId" value="{A1182988-0D73-439e-87AD-2A5B369F808B}"/>
            <parm name="Type" value="0"/>
            <parm name="Enable" value="1"/>
        </characteristic>

</characteristic>

<!--Set default connection-->
    <characteristic type="CM_Planner" >
        <characteristic type="PreferredConnections">
            <parm name="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}" value="MEdia Net" />
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>

<!-- Suspend Resume -->
    <characteristic type="Registry">
        <characteristic type="HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings" translation="filesystem">
          <parm name="SuspendResume" datatype="multiplestring" value="wap.cingular&#xF000;" />            
            <parm name="CacheTime" datatype="integer" value="60"/>
      </characteristic>
    </characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction"  translation="filesystem" >
            <!-- GPRS Setting -->
            <!-- PAP: value="1" ; CHAP: value="2" -->
            <parm name="GPRSAuthenticationMethod" datatype="integer" value="2" />
            <!-- CSD Line Type - Data rate -->
            <!-- 9600 bps(v.32)  : value="7" -->
            <!-- 9600 bps(v.110) : value="71" -->
            <!-- 9600 bps(v.34)  : value="12" -->
            <!-- 9600 bps(v.120) : value="39" -->
            <parm name="CBSTSpeed" datatype="integer" value="7" />
            <!-- CSD Line Type -Connection element -->
            <!-- Transparent: value="0" ; Non-transparent: value="1" -->
            <parm name="CBSTCe" datatype="integer" value="1" />
        </characteristic>
        <!--End Set GPRS & CSD Type-->
    </characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" translation="filesystem">
            <parm name="ConnMgrExternalPath" value="aOkicJdaUUC8HMV44vul2Q==" datatype="binary"/>
            <parm name="EnableAutoDetect" value="0" datatype="integer"/>        
        </characteristic>    

<characteristic type="HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\Operator"  translation="filesystem" >
               <parm name="On_Detection_with_WLan" datatype="integer" value="1" />
          </characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLM\Services\App\Tasks\DisableProxy"  translation="filesystem" >
               <parm name="Set_PIE_EnableAutoDetect" datatype="integer" value="1" />
          </characteristic>
     </characteristic> 
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Thanks for the offer MrDsl, it is very nice that you are willing to pay for a cab and then offer free to other users. Just don't forget that there is more than one way to set up Cingular connections.

1) wap.cingular with proxy settings
2) wap.cingular without proxy
3) isp.cingular (with ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM)
4) isp.cingular (with ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM)

and don't forget the other settings like compression, some connections use the settings and some don't.

Also, the setting are different if you use exchange versus another email carrier.

Also, if you don't have PdaConnect or LaptopConnect using isp.cingular may cost you more!

I hope someone takes the time to create cab files for the many Cinuglar users who don't like to set them themselves. Unfortunately, people like WpBear who have attempted to help, have just been bashed for no good reason. He made a cab clearly for one of the specific uses above, then people who have a different kind of an account then complain it doesn't work.

Good Luck!
24th March 2007, 02:58 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
That .xml file are the settings you will get from any 8525 you buy from Cingular so I mean they have to work. Its defaulted to WAP@CINGULAR.COM so if you have the PDA Unlimited then any user can go in and change it to ISP@CINGULAR.COM

If you want to take your proxy out etc etc then that will be up to each user. The idea of this is to have a .cab that does the default cingular settings you would get if you went into the store and bought a 8525 for example.

Thats why I'm using the code from the .xml file. The .cab wpbear made was pulled from the registry of his phone that didn't have exchange setup and that may be why some users experience the connection problem and it was much appreciated. I really just want to squash this issue and if it costs me a few bucks then its worth it.

This .cab is going to be completely different in that its created directly from what Cingular sets the settings at..

Follow?
24th March 2007, 03:23 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Isn't that what these files already do?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=1
24th March 2007, 03:30 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
Not to be rude in any way but I explained this in my last topic already.

Again the files you are pointing to by wpbear while they are great it is known that for some of us the username/password doesn't get entered and some users experienced exchange connection problems like myself. wpbear even mentioned that the phone he pulled the settings from didn't have exchange setup so that may in fact be the issue but who knows.

Either way I am trying to eleminate all this by getting a .cab based off the actual .xml file thats loaded when you install a Cingular ROM that way none of those issues should exsist..

The main focus of this .cab file is that its based off the Cingular default settings from the .xml in the extended rom that you would get from Cingular and not based on settings someone entered..

I hope this clears everything up.
24th March 2007, 03:42 PM |#8  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
just grab the xml that does the settings, edit out the first and last line that says "wap provisioning doc" then save it as an xml and download wince cab manager (ocpsoftware.com), import the xml and save the cab, then load it up on your phone

then after that works donate your $15 to xda
24th March 2007, 03:44 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunmark

just grab the xml that does the settings, edit out the first and last line that says "wap provisioning doc" then save it as an xml and download wince cab manager (ocpsoftware.com), import the xml and save the cab, then load it up on your phone

then after that works donate your $15 to xda

I did actually try this last night (installing the limited trial of wince cab manager) but it linked me to microsoft to install some other stuff that I didn't fully understand. I will try again now..

edit..

Ok I think I have figured it out so hopefully the trial version will let me do this..
24th March 2007, 04:16 PM |#10  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
i had a few moments and used the settings you posted above and created a cab.. although i dont have time to test it so i dont know if it will install properly or not, but here you go! Let me know if it works!

**edit**
removed this cab since i made a better one and to avoid future confusion
24th March 2007, 04:28 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Themer

Donate to Me
More
I'm really clueless on win ce cab manager so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right.

I launched the program and named my project..I included a screen shot below..

So all I did was click on the Pre XML line and imported the cingular.xml I posted above from notepad and loaded it and then just saved the file and I now have a .cab file.

Anyone that uses this can they tell me from my screen shot that I am probably doing this right?

I'm trying...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wince.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	35906  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)