Thanks Meter: 7

By anichillus, Retired Moderator on 25th March 2007, 01:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just a peek

. . .: X plore :. . .

Chocolate-Vanilla ROM

CommManager 9 Buttons (VoIP Ready)
ArcSoft MMS 3.5.1.22
Intent MIDletManager 11.1.7.1029 (still testing)
Camera version 3.00(Build 25498)
Adobe ReaderLE
Pim Backup 1.3
Voice Speed Dial (reinstalled)
SmartSkey 0.56
Voice Command -removed completly
Added WM5 wmv9 Codecs

Voice Command
MS Voice Command 1.6 US HERE and HERE
MS Voice Command 1.6 German HERE and HERE
MS Voice Command 1.6 FR HERE and HERE
MS Voice Command 1.5 UK HERE
Note: I Don't use VoiceCommand, and I don't know if and how it will work. Please post reviews.

Lots of tweaks
-Almoust all tweaks from Wizard's Wiki
-NO PERFORMANCE TWEAKS - they take out memory, just use battery status
-Lots of things changed ... almoust everything you can imagine
-This is fully striped, so don't expect to find pictures or music besides the ones that are used.
-No Extended ROM so this should work for G3 and G4
-Page Pool is 4MB
-Low power consumption (in idle it reaches 30mA)
-Low CPU Usage --at beta1 I had 15 - 30 % now it's variating from 0 to 3

This thread is open to reports and suggestions

NOTE: As a start point I have used mUn's first release aRTM 10.2.0.8 WWE because I considered it to be the most stabile one and easy to start with and because it wasn't loaded with apps. I have his permision.
Thank You mUn !

Also, without Molski's Kitchen and tutorial, It would have been alot harder.
Tank you Molski

Last but not least, I want to thank to all the big Chefs around here .
Thank you !!! for your tutorials, your experience, and for the time spent. Now I have a clue on how difficult and stressing this can be.

This project is still in development and hopefully with the help of vijay555
a later version will be really unique.

=====================
====Xplore 1.1====
=====================
Mirror 1 (MegaUpload)
Mirror 2 (putstuff) Thx to papamopps
Mirror 3 (putstuff) Thx to trojan9x
Mirror 4
=====================
it takes about 8 minutes to flash and it hangs for about a minute at 100%
Do not remove the cable

Recomended:

Radio 2.19.11 UK
Mirror 1 (RapidShare)
Mirror 2 (RapidShare)

Patches
- Default Dialpad(only for 1.0 or previous)
- Microphone FIX(only for 1.0 or previous)
- Default Theme (black bar & blue background)
- BatteryStatus beta3
- BatteryStatus beta2
- Collection of Themes and mirror(Thx to Epimazzo)
- Xplore 1.1 Default Theme

1. Right after boot. Before I installed any programs the best I got was 33.2MB free RAM available
2. SK Tools Benchmark CPU at 195Mhz - without overclocking
3. SK Tools Benchmark CPU at 273Mhz - overclocked with included batterystatus
4. About
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	5048
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	36030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	3317
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	36031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	2093
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	36038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.jpg
Views:	2532
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	36039  

25th March 2007, 02:38 AM |#2  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 347

Donate to Me
More
whats the difference between this (vanilla WM6) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299336 vanilla wm6 rom ediion that was also aRTM version tweaked up ? so yours is also from aRTM version as i read iam going to test it if u release it and see the difference between the two hoop that yours will be satble and more faster
25th March 2007, 02:38 AM |#3  
Los Angeles/Santa Monica/Culver City/Malibu
Thanks Meter: 9

More
looks good! awaiting more info and more details!
25th March 2007, 03:00 AM |#4  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Timisoara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood

whats the difference between this (vanilla WM6) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299336 vanilla wm6 rom ediion that was also aRTM version tweaked up ? so yours is also from aRTM version as i read iam going to test it if u release it and see the difference between the two hoop that yours will be satble and more faster

That is cooked by nottosmart, obvious....I don't know what's the difference , what do you want me to say, that mine is better ?

We only have in common mUn's first release.

More pictures will be coming soon.
I still have to work little more, and I'm totaly wasted. Over a week night and day it took me to get this far, and already I'm starting to forget things
Funny ... I think I flashed my Wizard about 50 times this week Hope I don't break it

More specs will be added into first post
25th March 2007, 03:22 AM |#5  
Flag Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Meter: 16

More

like what for example

I am runnin mun's ROM at the moment and am kinda happy although stripped of all ringtones i dont use anyway sounds nice!
25th March 2007, 03:45 AM |#6  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Timisoara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilcase

like what for example

I am runnin mun's ROM at the moment and am kinda happy although stripped of all ringtones i dont use anyway sounds nice!

Besides tweaks ?

well ...keyboard, all skins/themes, dialpad ... welcome screen , some new icons, search moved to start, lots of shortcuts moved to other folders ... tasks, notes, calculator , simmanager...moved to office mobile ... Internet Sharing,ActiveSync, Windows Update, Remote Desktop Mobile, Comm Manager ...added to the new Connections folder in Programs
All themes and keypad, dialpad, pictures, splash screens ...are made by me, specially for this rom .... and i'm tired, lol

Lots to come, I'm just waiting good ideas.
I have some other thoughts , but mine are too hard or impossible to accomplish, at least for me...
25th March 2007, 04:13 AM |#7  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 347

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by anichillus

That is cooked by nottosmart, obvious....I don't know what's the difference , what do you want me to say, that mine is better ?

We only have in common mUn's first release.

More pictures will be coming soon.
I still have to work little more, and I'm totaly wasted. Over a week night and day it took me to get this far, and already I'm starting to forget things
Funny ... I think I flashed my Wizard about 50 times this week Hope I don't break it

More specs will be added into first post

eyah, me also i have flashed it in this month many times and every ROM is good one and it keeps better and better !!!! thanks for the info wil wait till urelease and i will test it ANY NEW ROM !!! thanks alot for the time that u make to make this ROM hoop that there will be new keyboard skins and i like the iphone keyboard skin !!! please f u r still making it then put the SMS backup also in this ROM really handy software when someone wants to upgrade more often.
THEMES: can u make an iphone theme not the icons just the tsk file with the iphone fish picture

these if u have the time if not we can install and make them later !!!! and can u put info about pagepool and the RAM adn ROm usage !!

hoop its not alot of info asked !! take care nd we are waiting for the release
25th March 2007, 04:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

eyah, me also i have flashed it in this month many times and every ROM is good one and it keeps better and better !!!! thanks for the info wil wait till urelease and i will test it ANY NEW ROM !!! thanks alot for the time that u make to make this ROM hoop that there will be new keyboard skins and i like the iphone keyboard skin !!! please f u r still making it then put the SMS backup also in this ROM really handy software when someone wants to upgrade more often.
THEMES: can u make an iphone theme not the icons just the tsk file with the iphone fish picture

these if u have the time if not we can install and make them later !!!! and can u put info about pagepool and the RAM adn ROm usage !!

thanks man for working on a clean rom version, we've all be hoping for one that is stable,runs faster than WM5, has good ram, and doesn't have any battery drain problems... i think we would all be happy with just that
25th March 2007, 04:35 AM |#9  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sounds good bro...looks like you're getting some good numbers there. A new look with some new custom icons and splash screens will be nice as well.
25th March 2007, 04:48 AM |#10  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Timisoara

More
Quote:

Page pool is 4MB, added in the start post

I'm using it right now, I have installed SkTools and Resco suite
I am using registry explorer for now and it didn't got below 30MB free available. (31 I have now, after an hour from last reboot, and I have resco running)
Pretty steady ... STABLE , I mean
It's fast ... what can I say ... see the benchmark pictures.
I am not using overclocking right now and it's responding pretty good. without lag.

I took the note, there will be SMS Backup and also a task manager ... i'm almoust sure there will be task manager 2.7 , it has also registry editor and alot of other things ...so I'll kill a bounch of rabbits with a single shot :P
==============
I added some more info on first post ... I just keep forgeting things :d
25th March 2007, 06:13 AM |#11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anchillus,
Good one liked it, hope to see and test it soon.

:sl:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)