FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Windows Live Cab for WM5

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Maydwell, Junior Member on 28th March 2007, 05:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm getting fed up with the WM6 frivalousnous. I believe i should go back to WM5 now. I really want Windows Live though. Is there any type of cab to get Windows Live on the MDA? I searched but came up with nothing. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

28th March 2007, 06:35 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maydwell

I'm getting fed up with the WM6 frivalousnous. I believe i should go back to WM5 now. I really want Windows Live though. Is there any type of cab to get Windows Live on the MDA? I searched but came up with nothing. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you dislike WM6 sooo much, then try posting in the appropriate forum NOT the WM6 forum. You'll probably get better reception without "frivaless" comments...

--M
28th March 2007, 06:44 AM |#3  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 351

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maydwell

Yes u can download it here is the link:

http://mahmood1.com/Documents/window...PC2005_ARM.CAB

http://mahmood1.com/free_softwares_f...pocket_pc.aspx
28th March 2007, 11:28 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Antonio,TX

More
thanks mahmood
but i realized that i'd be a fool to go back to WM5 anyways. So i'm content again,LoL
29th March 2007, 03:35 AM |#5  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demontefixo

If you dislike WM6 sooo much, then try posting in the appropriate forum NOT the WM6 forum. You'll probably get better reception without "frivaless" comments...

--M

He's asking for a WM6 feature, therefore, he did post in the right forum.

P.S. WM6 does appear to suck nuts... GPRS disconnect issue trumps all of its benefits.
29th March 2007, 03:53 AM |#6  
Retired Moderator
Flag Delray Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herzzreh

He's asking for a WM6 feature, therefore, he did post in the right forum.

P.S. WM6 does appear to suck nuts... GPRS disconnect issue trumps all of its benefits.

Odd... my device and the 18 or so of my client's that are running Faria's latest (not the vanilla) are estatic, very few issues. Must just be us...
29th March 2007, 04:03 AM |#7  
Flag Ohio Valley
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Not too sure I agree with you on that, but that's a matter of personal preference, I suppose. I've had three different versions of WM6 on my 8125 in the past couple of months -- first the MB, then the Underground, and now Faria's. I have to say I've been happy with all three. The only reason I keep changing is for more RAM. (I like having LOTS of RAM -- LOL!!)

I haven't experienced the GPRS disconnect issue with ANY of the three and my internet gets a GOOD workout on a daily basis with tethering, emails and apps that update via the internet throughout the day. In fact, any problems I've had with any of them have had to do with "Button Actuator Deficit" (i.e. user error)

I for one can honestly say that I'll NEVER go back to WM5. . . even though all the chefs on here did a FABULOUS job of cooking them up for us -- WM6 Rocks!!!
29th March 2007, 04:17 AM |#8  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Puttingham

Odd... my device and the 18 or so of my client's that are running Faria's latest (not the vanilla) are estatic, very few issues. Must just be us...

Although I don't think it's as bad as herzzreh says, it (WM6) definitely does have problems for some devices. 2.19 didn't consistently fix the GRPS drop problem for me - it worked intermittently. I also randomly got 'Phone not ready - wait 15 seconds' (or words to that effect) when trying to send SMS messages. Those issues combined with the poor reception of the 2.19 radio (compared to 2.61) mean't it wasn't worth the hassle for the few extra features WM6 gives.

cheers,

Andrew
29th March 2007, 04:21 AM |#9  
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Puttingham

Who knows? Mine had 0 issues, except for this annoying GPRS disconnect issue, evne with 2.19 radio. If not for this, I'd be all over about using faria's WM6 rom.

BTW, thanks for the link to 3.3 rom!
29th March 2007, 06:18 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Antonio,TX

More
you guys might be on to something
Maybe i've been out of the loop for a while but i have the MB version of WM6. I was wondering if i should stick with this version or maybe jump to a newer version. I've seen the other version's however don't feel confident that it would solve issues dealing with MB version. I really wouldn't want to jump to another rom just to find out i have the same issues. Only issues i still currently have are the GPRS and WIFI not staying strong after i connect(more so WIFI than GPRS). The WIFI connects and is ok one minute than says "connecting" the next minute. Anyhow,i appreciate all comments either bad or good on this thread. It certainly opened my eyes to some other issues.
29th March 2007, 07:46 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Who knows? Mine had 0 issues, except for this annoying GPRS disconnect issue, evne with 2.19 radio. If not for this, I'd be all over about using faria's WM6 rom.

BTW, thanks for the link to 3.3 rom!

I am not even having the GPRS disco problem. I am using the 2.47.11 radio.

--M
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)