FORUMS

Bluetooth Headset that looks like a regular phone?

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By paulrockliffe, Senior Member on 11th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone know of a bluetooth headset thats a phone-replica, rather than an earpiece? I know that sounds like a bit of an odd request, but the Hermes is a bit too big to look cool against the ear and, no offence, but bluetooth headsets seem a bit pointless unless you get a lot of calls, and even then you look like a bit of an idiot walking round talking to yourself!

So what I'd like is a small 'phone' that connects via bluetooth or whatever that lets me make and receive calls without having to mess about with my brick, or wear an earpiece all the time.

Is there anything like that out there?

Ideally I'd also like to have caller display, and send/receive texts on it too, but I'm guessing thats one for the future?

Cheers
11th April 2007, 07:30 PM |#2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrockliffe

Does anyone know of a bluetooth headset thats a phone-replica, rather than an earpiece? I know that sounds like a bit of an odd request, but the Hermes is a bit too big to look cool against the ear and, no offence, but bluetooth headsets seem a bit pointless unless you get a lot of calls, and even then you look like a bit of an idiot walking round talking to yourself!

So what I'd like is a small 'phone' that connects via bluetooth or whatever that lets me make and receive calls without having to mess about with my brick, or wear an earpiece all the time.

Ideally I'd also like to have caller display, and send/receive texts on it too, but I'm guessing thats one for the future?

Cheers

WAAAAAAIIIIIITTTT

I know what you're talking about. LG has one it is black and looks like a pen. I even think it has number keys.
11th April 2007, 09:01 PM |#3  

More
Bluetooth Headset that looks like a regular phone?
I think this is a great idea. Something the size of Motorola Razr or smaller (and lighter) that you can carry on your waist with the real phone in your briefcase or backpack. I would buy one!!
12th April 2007, 04:35 AM |#4  

More
You could try one of these: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8928/.

I haven't got one yet, although the US to AU exchange rate is quite good right now...

C
12th April 2007, 11:28 AM |#5  

More
Great idea....
now who will be daring enough to walk around there city while talking on it.

fairly easy enough to make though I guess.
12th April 2007, 08:09 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for the replies, I looked at that big thing and was tempted, but was also thinking about getting one and fitting the bits into an old phone or something.

But now I'm thinking that I have so many free texts and minutes that I could just have everythign forwarded to another number, if I can find a program that wil forward text messages...................?
16th April 2007, 03:39 PM |#7  
Flag Aachen

More
Quote:

, if I can find a program that wil forward text messages...................?

Phonealarm will do that...you can even set it up in a special location profile.

Hope I could help! Brevi
16th April 2007, 08:31 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Cheers

You want a phone that connects to your phone???????
17th April 2007, 02:29 AM |#9  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Cheers

there are always odd request but you will win the contaest if there is one....

if the PDA phone is too big and bluetooth handsfree are too small then i suggest you buy a dummy phone set (display unit) and whan ever you answer your Bluetooth handsfree put that dummy set to your ear so ppl think you are talking to a phone....

in this part of the world ppl know there are blue tooth ear piece and why should i care of ppl what they think if i talk to my self or to some one else on a bluetooth handsfree....
17th April 2007, 02:35 AM |#10  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeglo

I think this is a great idea. Something the size of Motorola Razr or smaller (and lighter) that you can carry on your waist with the real phone in your briefcase or backpack. I would buy one!!

i am very sorry but you guys are screwed up in your head and you really need help.... please go and check your heads with a doctor....

one guy is looking for big Blue tooth and you want it as well...

where in the world you guys are from......

can i ask one question if you put your bloody phone in a bag or briefcase the how the F*#* are you going to check your SM and email..... (then i thik you will want the SMS to be on the Bluetooth handsfree...)
24th April 2007, 02:39 PM |#11  
Flag Cardiff

More
truffle1234....
You really are a bloody idiot aren't you. First of all you spend time knocking someone who is asking a simple question, then you make out it's silly when really there are good real world applications for this. You're just too damn ignorant and up your own bum to realise that. What does it matter to you? Do you think your opinion is really that worthy that you have to blurt it out even if it is not helpful? Are you that sad an unfulfilled in life?

Oh and for gods sake read his post properly before you mis-interpret it and add it to your idiotic retort.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)