[Q&A] [ROM][5.0.2] OMNI - i777 [UNOFFICIAL] beta

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][5.0.2] OMNI - i777 [UNOFFICIAL] beta

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][5.0.2] OMNI - i777 [UNOFFICIAL] beta. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Good to know. I haven't experienced any of the random reboots yet, but I am not a heavy-user beyond a few utility apps, text, email, and calling.

I do know that there seem to be a considerable number of apps that work fine on 4.4 that exhibit undesirable behavior on 5.0. It isn't obvious whether the issues are app compatibility, or that our device tree isn't yet up to par, or that android 5 isn't yet up to par (or even all of the above).

yes am using the stock kernel, didnt mess with anything at all :)

Reactions: MO11

MO11

Dec 31, 2013
Good to know. I haven't experienced any of the random reboots yet, but I am not a heavy-user beyond a few utility apps, text, email, and calling.

I do know that there seem to be a considerable number of apps that work fine on 4.4 that exhibit undesirable behavior on 5.0. It isn't obvious whether the issues are app compatibility, or that our device tree isn't yet up to par, or that android 5 isn't yet up to par (or even all of the above).

am not a heavy user myself but i think you are right about andoid 5 isnt ready yet, actually it reminds me exactly of mircrosoft and the transformation from windows 7 to windows 8

coolerboyj

Jan 6, 2015
This ROM only claims to have the video recording bug.
I haven't tested it, but thought id give you the link.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/rom-cyanogenmod-12-t2955551

JCPALACIOSG

Mar 5, 2015
Jinotepe
My phone burns and reboot when I try to open some apps.

I need some help for this, I'm using OmniRom 5.0.2 lollipop unofficial and when I use the music player of the rom, my phone gets so hot and battery drains to fast, also reboot when try to use other apps from the play store like, youtube, etc... everything else works fine. I want to know if you are going to fix the other bugs like the outgoing calls, etc..??

BTW, thank you so much for your effort on this rom, i really like OmniRom and I hope you can make it better and keep GS2 alive :D

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
I have found that there are specific apps that cause the device to immediately reboot. I believe this to be mainly a result of the current memory issues regarding this device and Lollipop.

I haven't experienced any heating issues beyond the initial firmware settling (scanning the device) .

I hope to be able to find a solution to all bugs, but I cannot promise that it will happen.

I need some help for this, I'm using OmniRom 5.0.2 lollipop unofficial and when I use the music player of the rom, my phone gets so hot and battery drains to fast, also reboot when try to use other apps from the play store like, youtube, etc... everything else works fine. I want to know if you are going to fix the other bugs like the outgoing calls, etc..??

BTW, thank you so much for your effort on this rom, i really like OmniRom and I hope you can make it better and keep GS2 alive :D

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
@rogersb11,

I don't see anything onvious here at all. The call goes through, so it isn't even obvious which errors are relevant if any. Maybe you've already looked through one of these:
http://pastebin.com/z039Bktb

-Cyril

Just seeing this, sorry. I'll pull it now, this call bug log?

Edit: I see that it is, hard to scan it well on my phone, I'll look once I'm at my computer. I updated audio stuff before my last build but no luck. I think using a prebuilt hwcomposer from kk would solve many many issues with video etc. That's what we did for n2 and we don't have official cm12 either. I need to pull a kk zip to get the hwcomposer and see how that works. Also I may need to build an i777 almost stock kernel with my n2 source because only my kernel on n2 will allow working everything hardware. My i777 kernel is based on cm but my n2 is Samsung kernel source 3.0.31 that has been routinely merged with aosp. Quick glance looks like audio isn't routing properly but I could be wrong. It's such a strange bug since it works just fine after flipping on and off. Again sorry for the delay, I seriously only get about 15% of the notifications I should

Last edited:

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Yeah, this is the call log, and without something flagrantly crashing (and leaving a better calling card) I have nothing specific to look into.

No worries about the notification, I've been working on slim with warrior1208. ... Although until slim is back online, that project is almost stalled.

We'll have a proper daily driver if we can get this. I can't help but wonder if some of the "under the hood fixes" of 5.1 may help. Prolly just wishful thinking.

Just seeing this, sorry. I'll pull it now, this call bug log?

Edit: [...] Quick glance looks like audio isn't routing properly but I could be wrong. It's such a strange bug since it works just fine after flipping on and off. Again sorry for the delay, I seriously only get about 15% of the notifications I should

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yeah, this is the call log, and without something flagrantly crashing (and leaving a better calling card) I have nothing specific to look into.

No worries about the notification, I've been working on slim with warrior1208. ... Although until slim is back online, that project is almost stalled.

We'll have a proper daily driver if we can get this. I can't help but wonder if some of the "under the hood fixes" of 5.1 may help. Prolly just wishful thinking.

Right now I currently despise 5.1 LOL. Not that it's bad but I have to start over if I want it. Hey, I remember you cooking your mobo awhile back, used to do it all the time but can't remember. What temperature and for how long did you do it? I wanna give it a go on MTT jtagged Xbox. It finally fried so figure might as well give it a shot, heat gun isn't working and my reball machine crapped out least year so I sold it to someone willing to fix it at the time

Reactions: cyril279

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
Right now I currently despise 5.1 LOL. Not that it's bad but I have to start over if I want it. Hey, I remember you cooking your mobo awhile back, used to do it all the time but can't remember. What temperature and for how long did you do it? I wanna give it a go on MTT jtagged Xbox. It finally fried so figure might as well give it a shot, heat gun isn't working and my reball machine crapped out least year so I sold it to someone willing to fix it at the time

I used this procedure once to cook the mobo and it worked out for me. I was skeptical but it works:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-bake-your-gpu-for-fun-and-for-profit.437683/

Saved in the bookmarks

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
385 for ten minutes brought me success. For two different devices.

I noticed that 5.1 seemed to temporarily push asimovi's progress backward a bit, which is a part of why I haven't published a 5.1 Omni. I lost internal storage again, and haven't found the culprit. I keep forgetting to look into system_vold.

5.0 should have been a test release.

Reactions: rogersb11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used this procedure once to cook the mobo and it worked out for me. I was skeptical but it works:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-bake-your-gpu-for-fun-and-for-profit.437683/

Saved in the bookmarks
    So to clarify, you have success rebooting Omni, WITHOUT any add-ons?

It's important that you are wiping /system before each attempt.
    http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Yes, and no. I have had issues with JUST using the ROM. I had that problem in the past with some of the earlier 5.0 builds, I couldn't even get my phone to boot past the animation if I didn't run the wipe script first for some reason, just factory resetting didn't work. Again, I have never had ANY problems running any of the 4.4.4 builds. Not sure why my device is being so finicky on 5.x.

So, I did some troubleshooting:

C = mr-cook's ROM Wipe Script (from 4.4.4 OP)
    R = ROM
    S = superSU v2.46 recovery version
    P = PA Gapps (hellowasif, 5.1 20140404, stock version -- I made my system partition 1G)
    + = flashed together
    -> = flashed after a verified boot

All first boots worked correctly. Testing results are for after reboot/poweroff:

C+R+S+P = locked at Samsung logo
    C+R+S = locked at Samsung logo
    C+R = locked at Samsung logo

So I figured out that for some reason, with 5.1.1, the script is causing something to go wacky. I started with a wipe of Cache, davlik, data, system, and secure from TWRP, which is how I cleaned the device between runs.
    R = worked (got the mount error, so flashed it again before booting)
    R -> S = worked
    R -> S-> P = worked (so the hellowasif PA apps will work for people who have the space for a more complete package :good: )

flash clear
    R+S = worked (only flashed R once, so got mount error)
    R+S->P = worked

flash clear
    R+S+P = worked (as it should). I retested this again, it seems to be working now and has been working for the last 1.5 days since.

So, either it was something with the earlier builds that was being wonky, but mr-cook's script is definitely causing some problem for the 2+ boot. That was the only common thing that seemed to cause it to no work.

I was having another problem though. On the first flash of the ROM, TWRP would always list the error:

mount: failed to mount mmcblk0p9 at /system
    system device or resource busy

But it would then say that the script was completed correctly, and I could boot the ROM. If I flash the system image again without wiping, then there is no error message. It only seems to happen on a completely empty /system (which might be the expected behavior in that case?).

I'm not sure what my problem was before though --- I couldn't book without the wipe script, and it appears that it was also killing the ability to reboot. Either way, it works now. You might want to add to the OP to NOT use mr-cook's wipe script for 5.x. Since some of this scripts use permission fixing, I wonder if that's the problem, as I remember reading somewhere that TWRP permission fixing and 5.x don't mix for some reason (SELinux?).

yes am using the stock kernel, didnt mess with anything at all :)
    Can I flash omni using CWM recovery. I'm using shift kernel and cyanidel from @rogersb11.

If you are using my kernel and the philz recovery that comes with it you can flash anything lol
    @rogersb11,

I don't see anything onvious here at all. The call goes through, so it isn't even obvious which errors are relevant if any. Maybe you've already looked through one of these:
    http://pastebin.com/z039Bktb

-Cyril