[DEAD AND BURRIED] WM6 SIP Config Tool - [V2.0.1 Out Now]

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Shaun33, Senior Member on 21st April 2007, 03:24 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th May 2007, 03:51 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Excellent SIP Config 2.0.1 package. I have it setup but I cannot make any calls yet since I haven't edited the dialplan. (unless a default dialplan is setup and I am not sure what it is). Two features that I think is still needed is both

- Dialplan editor
- Select Audio Codecs to use. (G711,GSM,G729, other codecs)

28th May 2007, 11:35 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasTheElf

1) Any problem with me incorporating your tool into my ROM for the Hermes? Of course, I'm not going to relabel anything or change the donate link, etc.. It's your hard work! (Just thought I'd ask since you're obviously very concerned about where/how this program is used.)

Mate last time i was just shitty cause certian members just realeased it as their own placed it in the rom with no recognition of where it came from. Like how the hell do i track bugs when pll don't even know where to post them. A hyperling on the whats included in the rom would have been super.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasTheElf

2) Is there no icon for the program? The link is just a default icon by default.... There isn't anything "pretty".. Are you planning on making a nice icon for v3? (I know, it's a petty request, but, I like things to look nice too )

Not yet .... You can tie the icon to anything you want using a windows shortcut. I am going to make and icon for v3 i got one that i want to use here all ready and V3 closer LOL
28th May 2007, 11:37 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden

Excellent SIP Config 2.0.1 package. I have it setup but I cannot make any calls yet since I haven't edited the dialplan. (unless a default dialplan is setup and I am not sure what it is). Two features that I think is still needed is both

- Dialplan editor
- Select Audio Codecs to use. (G711,GSM,G729, other codecs)

Thanks for your input bud...
But atm time is money and i need the later so i been real busy outside of the XDA world.
The codec thing should be nice and simple if u want this quicker you are welcome to post in this thread a link to specific posts regarding the regsettings needed for the Codec work. Would save me the time.

Also if u want it all quicker there is a little button you can hit. helps out with nthat first equation :P
29th May 2007, 03:49 AM |#104  
Flag London

More
Angry SOS
Please Please, Im so sorry to borther you, but I'll be over the moon if you could throw some light of help into my misery ? Ive manage to install sip config successfuly onto my HTC, What do I do next to get this working do I need a dial plan or what? If yes how do I do that please, need some help. thx
30th May 2007, 05:51 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun33

Thanks for your input bud...

The codec thing should be nice and simple if u want this quicker you are welcome to post in this thread a link to specific posts regarding the regsettings needed for the Codec work. Would save me the time.

There were some registry settings to change codecs (not g729 but gsm I believe)
I think I'd already sent them in this thread but not sre on which page.
This thread's been getting very long lately.
30th May 2007, 07:36 PM |#106  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Shaun, please, do not forget about us. Your new Sip Tool, and it's option for switching beteewn settings...
2nd June 2007, 12:08 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadeusz

Shaun, please, do not forget about us. Your new Sip Tool, and it's option for switching beteewn settings...

Hope to polish this one off this weekend
3rd June 2007, 05:11 AM |#108  

More
Greetings there,
First of all thanks for such a great tool and work. I downloaded the 2.0.1 version and tried installed the same in my HTC S620 running WM6.0. Installation went fine. But when I tried to start the same tool it crashed. I read in one of the post saying that it is not ment for WM6.0 Stanadard version. Is that true? Any chance of a version working with T Mobile Dash running on WM6.0
Best
Shibu
3rd June 2007, 07:47 AM |#109  

More
Sound pb
Hello,

First thing, i'm french (sorry too ! !:) ) and sorry for my English if there's some bad words.

I've just understood there is a thread for my problem of sound on HTC P3600 Trinity but I don't understand all on this forum and I don't find the good thread to resolve my Pb.

All is OK, the other phone ring, I ear the guy but he don't ear me.
I imagine that the pb is with the P3600

If somebody can help me

thanks and "Bonne journée"

Edit : I forgot an essentiel thing : Excelent idea and good work this Tool ! ! !
4th June 2007, 03:43 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks for this excellent little app!

With Black 3.5 it got me up and running with Gizmo (sipphone) over 3G in no time.

I've read elsewhere in this (or another?) thread that it basically only makes the necessary registry changes (or maybe I read wrong). My question is what exactly happens when you hit the save button?

My problem right now is that the phone reads a connection with the SIP server (good for incoming/outgoing calls), but after roughly 30 minutes incoming calls no longer get connected while outgoing calls connect no problem. The only sure-fire way to keep my incoming call connection is to use your app to retrieve my settings and resave them. Apparently the SIP Config Tool forces the phone to re-initialize the connection which likely refreshes any routing between the phone and the server for incoming calls (note I'm on 3G so I'm not talking about the sleep mode problem over wifi).

I'm looking into setting up a script to repeat this process every 30 minutes to make sure I maintain a link with the server for incoming calls, but I need to know what registry edits or specific command forces this reinitialization.

Further down the line, if this kind of a "ping" could be implemented more elegantly than my external script it might be something worth looking into incorporating in version 3.5 of the tool.

So if the information is being rewritten (by the same information retrieved), what do you suppose is the decisive action that gets the phone to reinitialize after hitting save in the SIP Config Tool?
4th June 2007, 04:50 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quist

Thanks for this excellent little app!

With Black 3.5 it got me up and running with Gizmo (sipphone) over 3G in no time.

I've read elsewhere in this (or another?) thread that it basically only makes the necessary registry changes (or maybe I read wrong). My question is what exactly happens when you hit the save button?

My problem right now is that the phone reads a connection with the SIP server (good for incoming/outgoing calls), but after roughly 30 minutes incoming calls no longer get connected while outgoing calls connect no problem. The only sure-fire way to keep my incoming call connection is to use your app to retrieve my settings and resave them. Apparently the SIP Config Tool forces the phone to re-initialize the connection which likely refreshes any routing between the phone and the server for incoming calls (note I'm on 3G so I'm not talking about the sleep mode problem over wifi).

I'm looking into setting up a script to repeat this process every 30 minutes to make sure I maintain a link with the server for incoming calls, but I need to know what registry edits or specific command forces this reinitialization.

Further down the line, if this kind of a "ping" could be implemented more elegantly than my external script it might be something worth looking into incorporating in version 3.5 of the tool.

So if the information is being rewritten (by the same information retrieved), what do you suppose is the decisive action that gets the phone to reinitialize after hitting save in the SIP Config Tool?

This actually sounds like that you net connection is timing out and when the registry values are chnage windows trys to conenct to the sip server. There is a option in HTweakC to always keep the connection up and don't disconnect. This should do the trick.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread