[Q&A] [GUIDE][ICS/JB/common] Definitive FAQ for newest miui porting

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [GUIDE][ICS/JB/common] Definitive FAQ for newest miui porting

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [GUIDE][ICS/JB/common] Definitive FAQ for newest miui porting. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

novlazar

Jun 21, 2011
Porting MIUIv6 to Mediatek UMIZero

Hi @ all,

i tried porting my device to miui6. The most features seem to work. I have the problem that "Themes closed" / fc after bootup. :confused::crying:

This are the errors i have.
Code:
"E/ActivityThread( 1166): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread( 2550): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread( 2550): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread(  958): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): Service com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService has leaked ServiceConnection gbe@425dbf38 that was originally bound here"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): android.app.ServiceConnectionLeaked: Service com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService has leaked ServiceConnection gbe@425dbf38 that was originally bound here"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:1011)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getServiceDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:905)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.bindServiceCommon(ContextImpl.java:1679)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.bindService(ContextImpl.java:1662)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.bindService(ContextWrapper.java:517)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at gbd.<init>(SourceFile:99)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at gaz.<init>(SourceFile:226)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.constructNative(Native Method)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at xt.<init>(SourceFile:175)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bku.a(SourceFile:226)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bkt.a(SourceFile:298)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bkt.doInBackground(SourceFile:288)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:288)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)"
[/HIDE]
LOGCAT GENERATED BY FUZZYMEEP TWOS LOGCAT TOOL

do u have any ideas for patching this?

*edit: found it on my own. Problem was a wrong mapping of sdcard in fstab
regards

Last edited:

rKsREDMI1s

Oct 18, 2014
Pune
MIUI Browser

Can someone give me MIUI Browser working on Mokee Rom.I tried apk but its not installing.
On redmi1s indian ver.

Last edited:

devrookie

May 2, 2014
Bangalore
Hi @ all,

i tried porting my device to miui6. The most features seem to work. I have the problem that "Themes closed" / fc after bootup. :confused::crying:

This are the errors i have.
Code:
"E/ActivityThread( 1166): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread(  958): Failed to find provider info for com.android.thememanager.provider"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): Service com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService has leaked ServiceConnection gbe@425dbf38 that was originally bound here"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): android.app.ServiceConnectionLeaked: Service com.google.android.gms.checkin.CheckinService has leaked ServiceConnection gbe@425dbf38 that was originally bound here"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:1011)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getServiceDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:905)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.bindServiceCommon(ContextImpl.java:1679)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.bindService(ContextImpl.java:1662)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.bindService(ContextWrapper.java:517)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at gbd.<init>(SourceFile:99)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at gaz.<init>(SourceFile:226)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.constructNative(Native Method)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at xt.<init>(SourceFile:175)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bku.a(SourceFile:226)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bkt.a(SourceFile:298)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at bkt.doInBackground(SourceFile:288)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:288)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)"
"E/ActivityThread( 2365): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)"
[/HIDE]
LOGCAT GENERATED BY FUZZYMEEP TWOS LOGCAT TOOL

do u have any ideas for patching this?

*edit: found it on my own. Problem was a wrong mapping of sdcard in fstab
regards

how do you remap sdcard in fstab?

Jul 4, 2015
@ZduneX25 I have a query regarding patchrom.

Suppose I use AOSP as base. Add a mod to its source (a very stable mod cherry-picked from other's repo), then build the ROM and use it as base for patchrom. Now that mod I cherry-picked works fine in base ROM. But when I patch and build MIUI from patchrom, it removes ALL of the code belonging to that mod. Ok not really all... but something like->

-Suppose for that mod, I have to copy additional java library named x.java into frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/..../x.java

-I compile the ROM (the base AOSP. Not the patchrom yet). I pull out SystemUI from the compiled rom and decompile it with apktool. And the x.smali is present where it should be. Its all fine.

-But if I use the same ROM as base for patchrom, on decompiling MiuiSystemUI with apktool, x.smali is not present where it should have been (ignore "where it should have been" part. Its not present anywhere!).

So my question is, does patchrom simply "rebuild" it using only basic needed parts from base ROM instead of actually *patching it? Is there someway to get patchrom to include such internal mods that were put into base ROM?
Or is manually patching the compiled smali my only option?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can only mod frameworks building base. Patchrom patches franeworks and it uses own apps, so miuisystemui has nothing to do with your systemui they are two different apps. If you wanna tweak miui apps you have to do it on decompiled smali.