[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.6.0 for Primou

Search This thread

jonas2790

Sep 30, 2013
Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface - no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

I built the newest version of TWRP for Primou. If you find a bug or need a feature, post it on this thread and I'll try to fix it.
If you want a good theme, check out this one, it's the best theme for TWRP I know.

Thanks to the TWRP team and rastomanchik for his awesome kernel sources.

Downloads:
Version 2.8.6.0_2 - Dropbox Mirror
Here's a version with a custom splash screen (thanks to @bloodsaw): 2.8.6.0-DSF

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Recovery for Primou, Tool/Utility for the HTC One V

Contributors
jonas2790
Source Code: https://github.com/AndroidPrimou/android_device_htc_primou/tree/cm-12.1

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-03

Created 2015-02-25
Last Updated 2015-08-28

Last edited:

jonas2790

Sep 30, 2013
Changelog:

2.8.6.0_2:
- Fixed system partition size

2.8.6.0_1:
- Based on new kernel (big thanks to OpenDesireProject)
- Data partition encryption fixed

2.8.6.0:
- Switched to TWRP naming scheme
- New TWRP version 2.8.6.0 (Changelog)
- Off-Mode charging is working now (this is for displaying battery life when the device is turned off and connected to power)
- Encryption support for backups and encrypted partitions (not tested)
- Charging-LED support
- Dynamic partitions in fstab (no mounting problems anymore)
- Default storage changed to Internal storage (mounted as /emmc)
- HTC Dumlock removed
- Much minor changes

1.1.0:
- Added HTC Dumlock (not tested)
- Added emmc Internal storage to fstab

1.0.0:
- Initial version
- Built from TWRP 2.8.5.0 sources

Last edited:

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
Best Recovery

I downloaded this Touch Recovery and flashed it via fastboot. This TWRP is working flawlessly for me. It is smooth in performance and it also has a decent amount of customization options too. I have been using clockworkmod recovery since I rooted my phone and though it worked fine, it involved quite a bit of hard work in navigating through Power and Volume buttons and it didn't have a nice interface too. Both of these problems have been taken care of in this TWRP.

I really appreciate your work jonas2790. :good:

Reactions: jonas2790

denns17

Mar 7, 2015
I cant upgrade 2.6.3.0 to 2.8.5.0 !!

How can i install it? I have 2.6.3.0 on my htc one v mySense. I tried but ı cant do Please help me

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
Lockscreen BUG

I am using the latest version of this TWRP i.e., 1.1.0. I have found that swipe right to unlock is not working. I have to restart the phone by holding the Power button. Please, fix this. :)

Reactions: Neff_V

jonas2790

Sep 30, 2013
What exactly is the problem with swipe to unlock, does swiping work and it doesn't unlock?
For me swipe to unlock does work perfectly.

Can you show me a logfile (You can save the log to sdcard in twrp)

Shoaib05

Mar 18, 2013
What exactly is the problem with swipe to unlock, does swiping work and it doesn't unlock?
For me swipe to unlock does work perfectly.

Can you show me a logfile (You can save the log to sdcard in twrp)

The swiping does not work. It says swipe right to unlock but when I do the same nothing happens. I forgot to mention that I have installed the theme which you mentioned in your post but I don't think that it should be the cause of the problem because in version 1.0.0 too, I had installed the theme and the swipe was working correctly.

jonas2790

Sep 30, 2013
No, the theme is not the problem.
If version 1.0.0 worked for you it should be no problem to find the bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface - no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

I built the newest version of TWRP for Primou. If you find a bug or need a feature, post it on this thread and I'll try to fix it.
    If you want a good theme, check out this one, it's the best theme for TWRP I know.

Thanks to the TWRP team and rastomanchik for his awesome kernel sources.

Downloads:
    Version 2.8.6.0_2 - Dropbox Mirror
    Here's a version with a custom splash screen (thanks to @bloodsaw): 2.8.6.0-DSF

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery for Primou, Tool/Utility for the HTC One V

Contributors
    jonas2790
    Source Code: https://github.com/AndroidPrimou/android_device_htc_primou/tree/cm-12.1

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-03

Created 2015-02-25
    Last Updated 2015-08-28
    Changelog:

2.8.6.0_2:
    - Fixed system partition size

2.8.6.0_1:
    - Based on new kernel (big thanks to OpenDesireProject)
    - Data partition encryption fixed

2.8.6.0:
    - Switched to TWRP naming scheme
    - New TWRP version 2.8.6.0 (Changelog)
    - Off-Mode charging is working now (this is for displaying battery life when the device is turned off and connected to power)
    - Encryption support for backups and encrypted partitions (not tested)
    - Charging-LED support
    - Dynamic partitions in fstab (no mounting problems anymore)
    - Default storage changed to Internal storage (mounted as /emmc)
    - HTC Dumlock removed
    - Much minor changes

1.1.0:
    - Added HTC Dumlock (not tested)
    - Added emmc Internal storage to fstab

1.0.0:
    - Initial version
    - Built from TWRP 2.8.5.0 sources
    As you wish. :)

By the way, I have found out a small visual glitch. It might not be worth mentioning. Anyways, in the attached screenshot, there are two lines blank which I think shouldn't be i.e., Partition SD Card should be just below ADB Sideload. :)
    Yes, those two lines are there because of the theme, they are for htc dumlock and another thing, which isn't enabled at the moment.

By the way: Your unlock bug may be fixed soon, I will build a new TWRP version with the new kernel and f2fs (a new, faster filesystem) soon, so maybe the new kernel will fix the bug.
    hello jonas, any plan to update TWRP to latest 3.0.2 ?
    just curious, because the 3.x has fully support for Android MM and i think that maybe great if you can build it for us :)
    thanks.
    Yeah, it's on my to-do list and it shouldn't be to difficult. The problem is I'll have to download the omnirom sources to compile it and this will take some time.
    New build uploaded (XDA uploader doesn't work for me at the moment, use the Dropbox mirror)
    Off-mode charging is working now, no bugs when turning of the phone anymore.

Sadly, the beautiful lollipop theme doesn't work at the moment, the port has to be updated.