FORUMS

The Official WM6 Thread

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By jm012a9749, Senior Member on 3rd May 2007, 10:25 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Ok guys, so WM6 on Tornado exists (currently running on my device as we speak). But there are quite a few things we need to sort out before it can be released 'En Masse' Before this time I will ignore ALL PMs asking for the ROM.

There is a WM6 comments/suggestion/speculation thread HERE. Feel free to put in requests for embedded apps etc, but please realise we won't be able to put in EVERYTHING. So when the ROM is at a more completed stage we will draw up a shortlist for the apps etc to be embedded and let you vote it out

Current Issues:
Still has identifying build numbers etc to my source
Doesn't sync at all with a PC but will sync over exchange
It says WM5 with MSFP when its really WM6 (OS 5.2.xxx)
No Camera
No MMS

Issues fixed:
Wifi not accessable - new comm manager
No Office (fixed with a cab)
No t9 - updated to xT9 with 14 languages (fixed with a cab)
WLM is still beta and so needs removing and then updating (fixed with WLM RTM cab)

Things we need from a Tornado WM5 ROM
Camera.exe with all the mui extensions

Lets keep this thread clean, ok? I don't want sh!t loads of n00bs saying "where can I download ROM?". So, before you ask, here's my answer. YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT UNTIL ITS FINISHED!!!!

If a mod could remove such posts i'd be forever grateful

Please only post if you have information regarding how to fix the issues I've outlined above.

Phil
3rd May 2007, 11:30 AM |#2  
Flag Kaluga/Moscow
Thanks Meter: 680

More
So... i am Alex from ronswens forum. i promise to fix that if you give me the rom and you can contact me via ICQ .. we need at least 3 tests - first, we upgrade xip, then new os build and then fix the camera...
3rd May 2007, 11:52 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

More
T9 now fixed, office added, WLM fixed

Phil
3rd May 2007, 01:08 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

More
@sp3dev, unfortunatley i dont have ICQ, do you have an MSN email address?

Phil
3rd May 2007, 01:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
isnt there someone already working on this?
guy called duke_stiks

anyway good luck with the developing and fixing of this.
3rd May 2007, 01:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_06

isnt there someone already working on this?
guy called duke_stiks

anyway good luck with the developing and fixing of this.

I think this is the sort of n00b-ish comment jm012a9749's trying to avoid in this thread.
I mean, honestly, do you think he believes he's the only one to have attained a tornado version? Come on...
Look, this guy is aware of Duke's efforts, heck we all are, but the more people who get involved, the more efficiently we can get a polished product. There's no guarantee that Duke nor jm012a9749 will be able to do anything, so why should any of us sit back and not get involved? Besides, Duke himself has mentioned that he needs help since he's not an experienced Rom cooker.

Sorry for the rant here, but this sort of attitude really bothers me. Saying "oh, someone's already doing that, sit back and don't waste your time" is why certain projects never see the light of day...

Please only post helpful information or questions!
3rd May 2007, 02:07 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 773

Donate to Me
More
you can fix activesync by replacing the usbfn.dll file.
3rd May 2007, 02:53 PM |#8  
Flag shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3dev

So... i am Alex from ronswens forum. i promise to fix that if you give me the rom and you can contact me via ICQ - 336030424.. we need at least 3 tests - first, we upgrade xip, then new os build and then fix the camera...

Alex would you please tell me the new address of ronswens forum?
3rd May 2007, 03:01 PM |#9  
Flag Kaluga/Moscow
Thanks Meter: 680

More
as usual, ronswens.jconserv.net. as for active sync, i remember those early builds missed actsync.dll.. but better give me the rom, i will use build 17xxx from excalibur and drivers, camera, t9 etc from wm5
3rd May 2007, 03:02 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishe

I think this is the sort of n00b-ish comment jm012a9749's trying to avoid in this thread.
I mean, honestly, do you think he believes he's the only one to have attained a tornado version? Come on...
Look, this guy is aware of Duke's efforts, heck we all are, but the more people who get involved, the more efficiently we can get a polished product. There's no guarantee that Duke nor jm012a9749 will be able to do anything, so why should any of us sit back and not get involved? Besides, Duke himself has mentioned that he needs help since he's not an experienced Rom cooker.

Sorry for the rant here, but this sort of attitude really bothers me. Saying "oh, someone's already doing that, sit back and don't waste your time" is why certain projects never see the light of day...

Please only post helpful information or questions!

Exactly, since day 1 I've been working with duke_stix to help get a working version of crossbow. However now that I've made some progress and actually HAVE a device myself to test on, I felt it was nessary to start a new thread dedicated to it rather than the old dump rom thread

@faria, will try this later, thanks for the advice

Phil
3rd May 2007, 03:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

More
More info on the missing USB sync... under connections, 'USB isnt listed.

Idea's?

Phil
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread