FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Exchange 2010 Push Mail W/ Outlook Anywhere,Alias's, POP Forwarding, NOW w/ POP3/IMAP

667 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By DeniaL, Senior Member on 5th May 2007, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just need everyone to re-send me all their information in THE BELOW FORMAT:

First Name:
Last Name or Initial:

E-Mail address requested: [email protected]
Alias: [email protected]
Password:

For those of you from now on, I will require a $5 monthly donation to setup an account (this will be done through a subscription and paypal). I feel this is a fair amount for whoever wishes to donate. I will keep the old link for those that wish to donate above what I already ask for.

It will include an alias and Outlook anywhere access (use Outlook with this account). With each account you can have an alias setup so that your recipents see your email address as anything you like! Also, for an extra $5 per account I can automatically forward your pop3 or IMAP e-mail to your new exchange account.

Go to http://zteknology.com/paypal.html to make your donation. Make sure to use the subscription link.

The Outlook Web Address is now https://mail.getztek.com/owa/.

So if you like the service and feel that you can contribute, please send paypal payments to [email protected]. Anything helps, even if it is just $1.

If you do not know what Exchange 2010 is or offers, please google it before making any decisions about e-mailing me.

Also, please give me at least 24 hours to set up your accounts once I receive your information. Usually it will be far less than 24 hours. Thanks.

MOST IMPORTANT: do NOT e-mail me directly. All communications about Exchange 2010 must go through PM. If I receive an e-mail I will simply ignore it. This is done to simplify everything. When I have to spend extra time to figure out if you e-mailed me or PMed me, it just slows me down and e-mail's are easier to lose. Thanks for your cooperation.

5th May 2007, 12:46 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodland Hills, CA

More
Here's the setup info...I feel it's pretty thorough, but if anyone wants to add anything just let me know.

Setup on Outlook 2003/2007:

If you have an existing Outlook profile, follow steps 1-4..otherwise skip to the next section. These steps are for XP based machine. If you have Vista it will be similar but not exactly the same.
1. In Outlook, go to File --> Import and Export --> Export to a file --> Personal Folder File (.pst) --> click on the root folder in this window and choose “select subfolders” --> Click Next --> click browse and choose a location and file name for your .pst file. I suggest the desktop. --> Click Finish --> Click OK.
2. Let Outlook finish exporting your data. This make take anywhere from 1 minute to 30-45 minutes depending on how much data you have (e-mail’s, contacts, calendar).
3. On your XP Machine, go to Start, Control Panel.
a. Make sure your Control Panel is set to Classic View (Upper left hand corner of the window). If it says “switch to Category view” then you are good, but if it says “switch to classic view” then you should click it.
4. Double click on the Mail Icon within the Control Panel.
a. Click on “Show Profiles”
b. You should see your profiles here, most people will have one one and it will be called “Outlook.” THERE IS NO NEED TO REMOVE THIS!
c. Click “Add” --> Type in a Profile name (e.g. Exchange 2007/10) --> Then proceed to step 1 below.

-----
1. If using Outlook 2007/2010, At the prompt where you choose manual. If using 2003, ignore this part and proceed to the next step.
a. add a email account and choose Microsoft Exchange.
2. Microsoft Exchange Server: server.getztek.com or ztekserver.ztek.me if using Exchange 2010.
3. Username: Full Name given at Signup.
4. then hit More Settings
5. then click on Connection
6. then click on "Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP" and then click on "Exchange Proxy Settings"
7. then type in mail.getztek.com for the URL or mail.ztek.me if using Exchange 2010.
8. make sure SSL is checked
9. click on fast and slow networks, and choose basic authentication
10. Click “OK” twice
11. Then click Check Name
12. And the username/password box will pop open
13. Type in GETZTEK/User or ZTEK/User if using Exchange 2010. (this user is your e-mail address. For Example: your email address is [email protected], this is johndoe)
14. Type in Password
15. Server Name and User Name should now be underlined.
16. Congratulations! You are finished!

Setup on your PPC Device:
----
1. Start -> Programs -> ActiveSync -> Menu Configure Server
a. Server address: mail.getztek.com
b. Tick on ssl connection
c. Username: name
d. Password: *******
e. Domain: getztek.com
f. Next -> Finish
g. Sync & Njoy
----
Setup on MS Entourage
1. Account name = [email protected]
2. Name = Your Name Given at signup
3. Email = your email
4. Accountid= your ID before @getztek.com
5. Domain = getztek.com
6. Password = ****
7. Exchange server = mail.getztek.com
8. Check that server requires ssl....
9. Uncheck everything under advanced.
10. It should now work!

Outlook Web Access URL:
https://mail.getztek.com/owa

POP3 Access Through Any POP3 compatible program/phone/device
Incoming and outgoing mail server: mail.getztek.com
username: if e-mail is [email protected] then "user" is the username.
Outgoing server requires Authentication
Incoming server requires SSL (Port 995)

IMAP Access Through Any IMAP compatible program/phone/device
Incoming and outgoing mail server: mail.getztek.com
username: if e-mail is [email protected] then "user" is the username.
Outgoing server requires Authentication
Incoming server requires SSL (Port 993)
5th May 2007, 04:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Can I be the first to say thankyou to Denial for this service! Just re setting up all my stuff, but from what I've seen of the new OWA it looks really good!

Thanks!

EDIT: Can you please turn off enforcing security policies on mobile devices (eg PDA's). I don't want to need to have a password when I switch on my phone everytime.
5th May 2007, 05:17 AM |#4  
Flag Ellsworth, ME
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exchange all set up
I got exchange up and running smoothly. It seems to be working awesome... Will post more over the next few days as I use it!!! Thank you so much!
5th May 2007, 07:41 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodland Hills, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStar

Can I be the first to say thankyou to Denial for this service! Just re setting up all my stuff, but from what I've seen of the new OWA it looks really good!

Thanks!

EDIT: Can you please turn off enforcing security policies on mobile devices (eg PDA's). I don't want to need to have a password when I switch on my phone everytime.

I turned off the security policy. Just soft-reset your device and then turn the lock off. Isn't the new OWA awesome!?!?
5th May 2007, 08:55 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniaL

I turned off the security policy. Just soft-reset your device and then turn the lock off. Isn't the new OWA awesome!?!?

Thanks for that! No more fumbling around trying to remember what I put as a password. And yeah, the new OWA seems really good! I'm actually thinking about ditching Outlook later on and just using the web interface.
trapper
5th May 2007, 10:11 AM |#7  

More
Post Exchange 2007 request
Too much information.
5th May 2007, 11:05 AM |#8  

More
trapper probly a bit too much detail there for a public forum
trapper
5th May 2007, 11:14 AM |#9  

More
Thanks for the post, I honnestly thought I'd sent that in a PM.
5th May 2007, 11:15 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjefferis

trapper probly a bit too much detail there for a public forum

Wayyyyy too much information. A mod would probably be prudent in deleting that post...

EDIT: Just beat me to fixing it. :P
5th May 2007, 12:38 PM |#11  

More
thank you very much for the upgrade. i have pm you with my informations
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)